Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean - Have the fans just accepted relegation ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
No one seems to care. At the full time whistle the south stand was already empty and people were streaming out in silence.

I should imagine that in this current climate people are more concerned about wasting £25 on utter dross than a bunch of men 'trying' to kick a ball in the right direction, hence the silence, some of those won't be back.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
When their 2nd goal went in, I just sat there and did nothing. Normally I would be up off my seat saying something, but no. Not yesterday. That 2nd goal put the nail in the coffin for our season IMO.

Hell, we need another 32 points just for a top 12 finish. TOP 12?!? For the calibre of players we have, that's nothing short of a disgrace.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Overall yes the fans have accepted it.

At the start of the season I was really dissapointed when we drew to Orient and B.Rovers and left the ground completely gutted after drawing to Cheltenham and losing to Walsall.

Now I expect us to lose. If we come out with anything I feel pretty happy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yesterday was surreal. We where getting our arses whipped by a team 17th in the league who had won 2 and scored 12 in 15 away games. Confidently striding to our 8th home defeat and 6th in the last 7 home games.

What would you expect with the squad we have , on the back of finishing
7th last season and expecting to get in the play offs this season abjectly surrendering to a very average Carlisle United side we made look like AC Milan where Kavannagh totally bossed the midfield.

If this was a Northern hot bed the whole stand would be stood up hurling abuse at Adams, the clipboard wonder and the tv salesman, scarfs would be burned in the stands, season tickets would be ripped up.

What happens at Withdean ?, SILENCE, SILENCE, SILENCE. People have now been beaten into submission by the relentless SHITE Adams and his team have served up this season. People can't even be bothered to express their anger, people have just accepted relegation as far as I can see.

There is now INDIFFERENCE. And INDIFFERENCE is the worst thing you can have. In a relationship INDIFFERENCE kills it, love or hate means there is PASSION, something to work on. Football is no different. Dick, Micky when the fans become INDIFFERENT they are getting to the stage they don't care anymore.

This is a real Danger sign Dick, an enormous RED FLAG. I can see our st's next season plummetting to around 2000. People want to be entertained, they want a team of triers, they expect at the least to have a manager who has a clue about football management.

We are going to go down unless something happens. The general apathy around Withdean just reeks. People were laughing at the team yesterday thats how pathetic they were.

We are going down a very dangerous path and life long BHAFC supporters are losing interest. Take heed.

You make a good point. A friend could not make the original Posh game and gave his ticket away. He could have the ticket back for the re-arranged fixture but 'couldnt be arsed to get it'. Same person is off away for work today and didnt want to go to the game ad he 'had other things to do.'

Sad state of affairs as this person is (maybe wrong tense now) a die-hard.

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
We can't afford to pay off Adams and Booker(again!).Have they finished financial dealings with Magoo and Deano yet ?.
We are stuck with them all,unless they do the decent thing and walk.
Why do we have such a big backroom staff set up anyway? It's not working,as the players fail game after game.
Adams obviously isn't tough on them,and once on the pitch the players aren't good enough,roll on next season,whatever the division.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Yesterday was surreal. We where getting our arses whipped by a team 17th in the league who had won 2 and scored 12 in 15 away games. Confidently striding to our 8th home defeat and 6th in the last 7 home games.

7th last season and expecting to get in the play offs this season abjectly surrendering to a very average Carlisle United side we made look like AC Milan where Kavannagh totally bossed the midfield.

If this was a Northern hot bed the whole stand would be stood up hurling abuse at Adams, the clipboard wonder and the tv salesman, scarfs would be burned in the stands, season tickets would be ripped up.

What happens at Withdean ?, SILENCE, SILENCE, SILENCE. People have now been beaten into submission by the relentless SHITE Adams and his team have served up this season. People can't even be bothered to express their anger, people have just accepted relegation as far as I can see.

There is now INDIFFERENCE. And INDIFFERENCE is the worst thing you can have. In a relationship INDIFFERENCE kills it, love or hate means there is PASSION, something to work on. Football is no different. Dick, Micky when the fans become INDIFFERENT they are getting to the stage they don't care anymore.

This is a real Danger sign Dick, an enormous RED FLAG. I can see our st's next season plummetting to around 2000. People want to be entertained, they want a team of triers, they expect at the least to have a manager who has a clue about football management.

We are going to go down unless something happens. The general apathy around Withdean just reeks. People were laughing at the team yesterday thats how pathetic they were.

We are going down a very dangerous path and life long BHAFC supporters are losing interest. Take heed.

Life long BHAFC supporters losing interest? Bollocks. We're like hamsters on a wheel, your paragraphs have been written a thousand times and they'll be written a thousand more...from Goldstone to Gillingham to Withdean to Falmer.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

Spot on!! - I have been following the Albion since 1979 and cannot remember a season as disappointing as this, where we expected at least a mid table finish. I know we have had some dreadful sesons but tbh we half expected it, but this season with the squad on paper and the money invested in the squad its been a complete shambles. The really worrying thing is that people have almost given up without as much as a whimper!!. Thats very worrying when you consider the expectations before the season started. Quite honestly with the shite served up at home you would have expected some demo's after some of the home games or at least some hostile booing at the end of the game, but we have almost come to expect it now!! Very Worrying!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Life long BHAFC supporters losing interest? Bollocks. We're like hamsters on a wheel, your paragraphs have been written a thousand times and they'll be written a thousand more...from Goldstone to Gillingham to Withdean to Falmer.

Please read my reply. I am party to a number of life long Albion fans who are losing interest. They will be renewing their tickets....but the enthusiasm to attend all the games has certainly dissipated.

Russell Slade's hat

Mar 16, 2008
Burgess Hill
Fans were frustrated at the performance, and I do belive at this rate we will go down,
If we win at Luton, get a good run going in the league, the fans will get even more behind the side and then, we will stay up

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We can't afford to pay off Adams and Booker(again!).Have they finished financial dealings with Magoo and Deano yet ?.
We are stuck with them all,unless they do the decent thing and walk.
Why do we have such a big backroom staff set up anyway? It's not working,as the players fail game after game.
Adams obviously isn't tough on them,and once on the pitch the players aren't good enough,roll on next season,whatever the division.
Is three people really a big backroom staff?

Anyway I don't buy the excuse that we can't afford to pay them off. For one thing, you have to compare the cost of NOT paying them off and getting relegated. Secondly, the board took this decision, they paid off Wilkins. Even if Adams hadn't been an abject failure it still would have been unnecessary to do so. So they have to take responsibility and pay up to put their mistakes right.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Is three people really a big backroom staff?

Anyway I don't buy the excuse that we can't afford to pay them off. For one thing, you have to compare the cost of NOT paying them off and getting relegated. Secondly, the board took this decision, they paid off Wilkins. Even if Adams hadn't been an abject failure it still would have been unnecessary to do so. So they have to take responsibility and pay up to put their mistakes right.

Absolutely. The cost of League 2 footie next season is many, many times the cost of getting rid of Adams et al. It's a smaller version of the dilemma Portsmouth (and others) face. Pompey bit the bullet last week and got rid of their Adams. The same logic should apply to us.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
even at the start of the game Withdean was rediculously quiet.

If Krispies and that bloke with the glasses isn't there, no-one starts any singing in the so called singing section, so the place gets more and more like a morgue

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton

Spot on the same people moan about the team/ manager season to season, it will never change. The same people who used to moan about Wilkins now moan about Adams :laugh:.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
People are turning away from supporting the club in droves at a time when we need to get interest and the fan base up. It is down to the product on the pitch. We cannot rely on a 3000 hardcore in 2011 when Falmer opens.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Spot on!! - I have been following the Albion since 1979 and cannot remember a season as disappointing as this, where we expected at least a mid table finish. I know we have had some dreadful sesons but tbh we half expected it, but this season with the squad on paper and the money invested in the squad its been a complete shambles. The really worrying thing is that people have almost given up without as much as a whimper!!. Thats very worrying when you consider the expectations before the season started. Quite honestly with the shite served up at home you would have expected some demo's after some of the home games or at least some hostile booing at the end of the game, but we have almost come to expect it now!! Very Worrying!

Very similar to the feelings I have.

Any other club would be roasting the management.

Please Micky RESIGN!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
People troop along this season out of a duty and chore not as a pleasure. We lose and we all skulk off looking at the ground with out talils between our legs. The crowds have held up as we have I think 4200 sth's but next season I would be very suprised if we reached 3000 in view of the crap on offer for 3 years now and the credit crunch. I know I will not be renewing my 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here