Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean - Have the fans just accepted relegation ?.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am now officially a lapsed fan. There is nothing enticing me down to Withdean and I can't afford to pay £45+ on a ticket and travel to watch the supposed dross being served up. I am considering going to watch the Millwall game, but apart from that I have not even looked at the fixture list of other potential matches I could attend.

I only hope that you're right Jam but the signs are far from encouraging. Relegation to League 1 would be a disaster in my view and anyone who thinks that we'll just bounce back needs their head tested. If we need to sack Adams to stay up then that is the price we should pay.

I'll probably get slated, but I've posted this in the hope of getting some reasonably serious response.

Why would getting relegated be a disaster?

Something to be avoided at all costs, yes.

It will cost us money, maybe quite a lot of money, yes.

It could mean we will lose the better players and be unable to attract similar replacements.

But a disaster?

Not getting Falmer would be a disaster.

Relegation to the 4th level has happened a few times in the past, and may well happen again. Maybe this year although I hope not. Maybe in years to come but again I hope not.

But it is a fact of life that most football clubs move up and down divisions over the years.

If we hadn't been relegated we wouldn't have had two back to back Championships.

There have been many relegations over the 50 years I have been an Albion fan and they have usually been followed - sometimes immediately, sometimes years later - by promotions. The only one that I would describe as even partially disastrous was 1983 from the old first division, because we were financially committed to high earning long contracted players and this did cause huge problems that affected the club for many years to come. Thank your lucky stars and Dick Knight and the board that we are not financially exposed this time round.

Disaster? I don't think so. An over-used word like legend.

And no, I am NOT saying relegation would even remotely be a good thing. Just not a disaster.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Silence and apathy is the new booing and that is much worse as people are simply going to stop going , at least if they are booing and abusing the manager they have paid £24 for the privilege of it

Thats the point and the worrying thing. People are starting to stop caring. We have 5000-6000 there at the moment due to the 4000 + or so sth which went up on the back of a glorious brave new world promised by Adams in June.

Next season we could have 3000 there especially if we are in the 4th division.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'll probably get slated, but I've posted this in the hope of getting some reasonably serious response.

Why would getting relegated be a disaster?

Something to be avoided at all costs, yes.

It will cost us money, maybe quite a lot of money, yes.

It could mean we will lose the better players and be unable to attract similar replacements.

But a disaster?

Not getting Falmer would be a disaster.

Relegation to the 4th level has happened a few times in the past, and may well happen again. Maybe this year although I hope not. Maybe in years to come but again I hope not.

But it is a fact of life that most football clubs move up and down divisions over the years.

If we hadn't been relegated we wouldn't have had two back to back Championships.

There have been many relegations over the 50 years I have been an Albion fan and they have usually been followed - sometimes immediately, sometimes years later - by promotions. The only one that I would describe as even partially disastrous was 1983 from the old first division, because we were financially committed to high earning long contracted players and this did cause huge problems that affected the club for many years to come. Thank your lucky stars and Dick Knight and the board that we are not financially exposed this time round.

Disaster? I don't think so. An over-used word like legend.

And no, I am NOT saying relegation would even remotely be a good thing. Just not a disaster.

4th division football in a £ 60 000 000 , 22000 stadium is not the plan. It would be a disaster.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Sorry, I must have missed something. Is Falmer ready then? Are we playing there next season?

No but another bad season like this one and our first game at Falmer could be against Ebbsfleet in the Blue Sq. Ask Wrexham fans if they thought it possible they could go straight through League 2 or Oxfords fans how easy it is to come back into the league ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
August 2011

Brighton & Hove Albion FC proudly open their new Falmer Stadium. A 22000 brand new
£ 60 000 000 facility for the community

Brighton & Hove Albion FC V Forest Green Rovers
Blue Square Premier League
3pm kick off
" Get there early "

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I know that it's hard as the team are shit, but what we need to do is just get behind everyone at the club, instead of turning against them, and maybe start seeing results.

But then again, maybe not.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I know that it's hard as the team are shit, but what we need to do is just get behind everyone at the club, instead of turning against them, and maybe start seeing results.

But then again, maybe not.

How did the Star go or did you bottle it ?.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Yesterday was the first game that I didn't feel pissed off about losing in a long time. We're going down to League 2 next season because I can't see how we can win anything with this manager. I'm seriously considering not renewing my season tickets next year (me and my 2 boys). The only thing at the moment from stopping me is that I've got a good bunch of friends around me in the family stand. If it weren't for that I would defintiely NOT renew until Adams has gone.

Yep.It's as much about the camaraderie as the football; at the moment MOSTLY about the former.

However,the BBC predictor still has us staying up,and the Beeb never lies,eh?

August 2011

Brighton & Hove Albion FC proudly open their new Falmer Stadium. A 22000 brand new
£ 60 000 000 facility for the community

Brighton & Hove Albion FC V Forest Green Rovers
Blue Square Premier League
3pm kick off
" Get there early "

That could happen, I grant you.

It could happen if we don't get relegated this season.

It could happen even if we got promoted this season.

It could also happen that it's Charlton, or Reading, or Palace, or an even bigger team.

Or it could happen that it's someone even worse than Forest Green Rovers.

But if and when it does happen, no matter how far down the pyramid we are, I'll tell you one thing.

I'll be there.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thats good but the whole business model and rationale is on championship football or top of league one at the worst and 12000 average gates.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
No one seems to care. At the full time whistle the south stand was already empty and people were streaming out in silence.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Every game, start to finish we need to get behind the boys, and cheer them to victory. And I know that they don't deserve when they play wank, but it might get the players to start playing well, or at least trying, and improvements will come. Hopefully.

Or, just completelly boycott the next game.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was desperate for something so went through with it.

Haven't received the package yet, but appeared to work a treat:clap2:

Thanks for that:thumbsup:

Beauty. What did she say, come on we need the whole story.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here