Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

With which sportsperson would you like to chat over a drink with ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sean Yates.

The stories he could tell from his past and present would be amazing I reckon. A bit of a loon too, which is always a bonus.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Minus the drink, I fullfilled mine and also played 9 holes of golf with him, Tony Jacklin (it was early 70s) but another I would really like to sit and chat with is Peter Alliss.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Barry John. I've actually had a chat over a drink with him but it was about five minutes. He's a friend of a friend and I'm told that if you can have a session with him, he's fantastically funny and indiscreet.

The other person I'd think would be interesting is Steve Waugh. Strikes me as a really bright bloke with plenty to say for himself - and a life beyond sport.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Mike Tyson. Would be interesting!!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Victoria Pendelton - Really interesting documentary on tv about her last week + she scrubs up pretty well too!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Victoria Pendelton - Really interesting documentary on tv about her last week + she scrubs up pretty well too!

As an aside the BBC ran some excellent documentaries last week. Did you also see the fascinating one about 100m runners?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Barry John. I've actually had a chat over a drink with him but it was about five minutes. He's a friend of a friend and I'm told that if you can have a session with him, he's fantastically funny and indiscreet.

The other person I'd think would be interesting is Steve Waugh. Strikes me as a really bright bloke with plenty to say for himself - and a life beyond sport.

He was very drunk and very ignorant towards my wife at a Tom Jones concert at Cardiff Castle a few years ago, in fact he made a complete arse of himself that night, well known for his drinking bouts in these parts.

Edit: I say a few years ago, my wife has just reminded me it was about 6 years ago.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Gary Lineker - used to hate him with passion as a boy (he scored 7 goals against Poland
in his career), but then I understood that he was a great player and a gentleman.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
He`s making a comeback!! Floats like a butterfly, shakes like a leaf.

(yes i know it`s not funny, it `s just bad taste, but I thought I should point out the depths some people will go to. I myself of-course, would never repeat it.)
:lol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'd like a beer with Bernard Moitessier.

He was leading the first ever round-the-world solo yacht race. He was 75% of the way round, and just needed to come back up the Atlantic from Cape Horn. But he decided to instead just keep going round again, and ended up sailing another two-thirds of the way round before finally stopping in Tahiti. Pretty much 'because it felt right'.

It's one of the most intriguing sporting decisions ever. Kind of like Bradley Wiggins getting off his bike to have a look round the Louvre rather than finish the TdF.

Once we'd had a good chat, I'd say my farewells and pop over to the bar to nab Maria Sharapova before kevtherev arrived. Sorry mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here