Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

With Pompey and Soton in deep trouble......

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
It would be nice to be the top South Coast club and it really should not be hard as there are only 4 of us!! Of that 4 Bournemouth will not be overtaking us anytime soon and Scumhampton are in free-fall and if they go into administration it would take them ages to recover.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Hopefully this will mean Pompey's stadium plans get shelved and Mr Portsmouth/Marty Feldman will get laser surgery to remove his tattoos and switch his allegiance to Rugby League

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Eh? I don't think Leeds even owned their ground, unlike Pompey.

They did own it, it was sold (as was the training ground Thorp Arch) to pay off some of their comedy debts in 2004 I think/wikipedia tells me. Their squad was much more valuable than Pompey's is, and they had an expensive ground and training ground to sell - again I'd say more valuable than Fratton Park.

Thus, I'd say Pompey are f***ed if they go down.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pompey will do a Leeds if they go down, and don't rule out Saints doing an Oxford United.

I would think that once it becomes virtually certain that they are going to be relegated Charlton will go into administration this season so as to lose the 10 points now. Did the FL bring in a cut off date for taking the points for the current season or not. Pompey may have more problems because of losing the parachute payments from the Prem if they are relegated and go into administration.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I think that Pompey will probably stay up - just - IMO there are 3 worse clubs than them in the Prem. Shame.

Southampton however is a differnt case - they could well go down, and with their debts will start the season in League 1 with crowds of 10k and -10 points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here