Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

With GOD back in goal....

Deportivo Seagull said:
The 'debate' about which goalie is best has nothing to do with their ability, it has to do with mcGhee. The reason Hendo gets so much stick is not because of Michel it's because McGhee signed Hendo and played him in preference to Michel. The anti McGhee brigade then took it upon themselves to heap abuse on Hendo because of this. Personally he could have played a blinder every game and he would still get s**t.

As for who I prefer ... at the moment Michel if he has a couple of bad games then it would be Hendo, it's down to form and nothing else.

Whereas I'd agree with your last balance-of-play judgements - I can't agree less than with the first statement.
What has Magoon got to do with people's opinion on our keepers?
For sure, magoo was the manager who wasn't giving Michel any crack of the whip, but most people aren't looking at Hendo as MM's pet now at all. You read like a magoon fan who's still peeved that he's "not important" for the people who felt he let us down, and got our wish.

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
NMH said:
Whereas I'd agree with your last balance-of-play judgements - I can't agree less than with the first statement.
What has Magoon got to do with people's opinion on our keepers?
For sure, magoo was the manager who wasn't giving Michel any crack of the whip, but most people aren't looking at Hendo as MM's pet now at all. You read like a magoon fan who's still peeved that he's "not important" for the people who felt he let us down, and got our wish.

You'll be surprised to find out that I'm not in the McGhee was treated like s**t club nor come to that do I believe he was the root of all evil. I rate Wendy over McGhee simply because the McGhee school of management has had it's day. The point I was trying to make is that Hendo gets a load of stick (some of it deserved) from the anti McGhee brigade because he was seen as McGhee's lovechild. I wonder how much crap he would have got from the same people if he and not Michel had fallen out with McGhee.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
ActonSeagull said:
Kuipers has made a couple of mistakes over a long period of time. Hendo seems to make them every week. He doesnt command his area, is a good shot stopper - but no better than Kuipers in my opinion. He looks hesitant and has cost us points this season - it is only by luck that hes hasnt actually cost us more than he has - almost single handedly blew our comfortable lead v Swansea. If he never wears the shirt again then it would be no problem for me,

No, Kuipers makes mistakes constantly. Unfortunately nobody seems to notice or care when it is him but when Henderson or going back Roberts makes them then they are front page news. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here