Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

With GOD back in goal....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
chez said:
She did, maybe on a different thread though & KTC is Kuipers The Clown, thought everyone knew that. :p

No I didn't.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Yorkie said:
The only season we stayed up in the Championship was when Kuipers had his shoulder ripped apart and Blayney played.

Yes, when Kuipers was in goal we were comfrtably heading for safety, as soon as he got injured we went on a horrific run and stayed up by the skin of our teeth, I think Blayney played the last few games and during that time we only won ONE game to the team that finished BOTTOM.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yes the games we won against Sunderland and Millwall had Shabaan in goal.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Yorkie said:
It's pretty obvious that people are entrenched in their views on either keeper (I like both) so why don't we wait and see what happens on Tuesday when Michel is bound to keep the shirt and will face much sterner opposition in Bristol City.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I'll always remember Blayney for the Palarse at home game when he came to claim the ball on the side of his area, slid about 5 foot outside the area and then patheticly tried to jump abck in to his area before anyone noticed and still landed 3 foot short!

And the ref only booked him!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ali jenkins said:
I'll always remember Blayney for the Palarse at home game when he came to claim the ball on the side of his area, slid about 5 foot outside the area and then patheticly tried to jump abck in to his area before anyone noticed and still landed 3 foot short!

And the ref only booked him!

That was one occasion when sliding on wet grass benefited us. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
The ref gave him the benefit of the doubt.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Yorkie said:
That was one occasion when sliding on wet grass benefited us. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
The ref gave him the benefit of the doubt.

I saw it on Youtube i think about 2/3 months ago and it looked even worse the second time!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
mansfieldwhippy said:
anyone remember that keeper we got from blackburn year we stayed in champ he was awful. kuipers is the man but henderson soon can become the same.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
:lolol:

Yelldell

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
chez said:
Then why did no fucker want him when we were begging them to take him off our hands?

Simple reason is that he's JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
You could come to that conclusion if it was true.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ali jenkins said:
Ive just been doing the same and no joy

Im sure it was on there that i saw it
Maybe Google video?

Incidentally if people want to see Henderson at his best then look at the One night at the Palace dvd from 18/10/05. Superb.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
3gulls said:
Fuckwit! Where you there? The guy played with such passion. He may not be the best kicker of the ball, but everything else that was wanted he provided - and more! He played like the Keeper and Sweeper all in1! :lolol:

FDM = LEGEND! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

So you've now called me a 'wanker' and a 'fuckwit', because i think Henderson is being treated unfairly. Because i made a tongue in cheek remark about how the Kuipers prasing is OTT (which it is). Pathetic - i can only hope you don't abuse people around you at games for making similar remarks, and are just a 'keyboard warrior'.....

Gary Hart plays with passion, you don't get ten squillion posts a day calling him 'god' do you? Andrew Wing might not have played with such obvious passion, but there was no doubting who was the best right back was there?

I like Michel, but i think he's past his best. And if it wasn't for his confidence being destroyed by some pathetic so-called "fans", i think we'd have a bloody good number one in Henderson.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think Wilkins has got this spot on. It would have been wrong to drop Henderson after the Bournemouth game, as it was unfortunate. I didn't really feel that Henderson was to blame for the Milwall goal, perhaps slightly. He did very well for the rest of the game.

However, we needed to stop the rot and it is worth changing things around. We are lucky to have two very capable keepers and we should not forget that.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Barrel of Fun said:
I think Wilkins has got this spot on. It would have been wrong to drop Henderson after the Bournemouth game, as it was unfortunate. I didn't really feel that Henderson was to blame for the Milwall goal, perhaps slightly. He did very well for the rest of the game.

However, we needed to stop the rot and it is worth changing things around. We are lucky to have two very capable keepers and we should not forget that.

Agreed :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Things needed to be changed, fair enough.

But I'm cringing at people calling Kuipers "God" and "legend". Seriously guys, he's maybe what you'd call a cult hero, I could go for that. But not some of the frankly cringe-worthy praise that's appeared on this thread.

Let's get this straight- Adams, Coppell, Taylor, McGhee and now Wendy have all expressed clear concern at FDM one way or another, illustrated by the regular signing of new keepers over the same period:
Ben Roberts,
Mark Cartwright,
Dave Beasant,
David Yelldell,
Simon Royce,
Ross Flitney,
Henderson,
Florent Chaigneau,
Alan Blayney,
Rami Shaaban,
Stuart Jones,
Andy bloody Petterson FFS!
They're just the ones I can think of off the top of my head, there may be more.

I accept that some people are always going to worship at the altar of the FDM, but there is quite OBVIOUSLY some element, either to his game, or his character, that managers aren't quite sure about, so perhaps you should just trust their judgement sometimes.

In the meantime, I hope Kuipers has a long and successful run in the team, for all our sakes.

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
edna krabappel said:
Agreed :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Things needed to be changed, fair enough.

But I'm cringing at people calling Kuipers "God" and "legend". Seriously guys, he's maybe what you'd call a cult hero, I could go for that. But not some of the frankly cringe-worthy praise that's appeared on this thread.

Let's get this straight- Adams, Coppell, Taylor, McGhee and now Wendy have all expressed clear concern at FDM one way or another, illustrated by the regular signing of new keepers over the same period:
Ben Roberts,
Mark Cartwright,
Dave Beasant,
David Yelldell,
Simon Royce,
Ross Flitney,
Henderson,
Florent Chaigneau,
Alan Blayney,
Rami Shaaban,
Stuart Jones,
Andy bloody Petterson FFS!
They're just the ones I can think of off the top of my head, there may be more.

I accept that some people are always going to worship at the altar of the FDM, but there is quite OBVIOUSLY some element, either to his game, or his character, that managers aren't quite sure about, so perhaps you should just trust their judgement sometimes.

In the meantime, I hope Kuipers has a long and successful run in the team, for all our sakes.

fancy having two goal keepers :eek:

:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here