Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

With GOD back in goal....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think what illustrates how much certain individuals actively go looking for tiny things they can pin on Henderson, is that I could point out countless f*** ups by the rest of the team, particularly the defence.

How many times recently have they been caught out? Lynch arsed about for the Millwall goal. El Abd should have cleared one at another game, Yeovil maybe. Butters has had his share of moments recently, and Mayo- let's not even TRY to go into that.

But I don't hear any of you suggesting that Lynch is responsible for our losing streak, or that Butters should be dropped, for example.

(Granted, I know Butters is a special case, and that there are plenty of people on here who would quite happily and shamelessly offer him the captaincy, another ten year contract, a pay rise and a coaching job for life, or at least until his family get bored of posting on NSC)

But the whole team have been crap recently. I just want them all to be treated the same- if you're going to ruthlessly pick holes in Henderson's game, then do the same for Kuipers, Robinson, Hammond, El Abd etc

That is all :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
edna krabappel said:
I think what illustrates how much certain individuals actively go looking for tiny things they can pin on Henderson, is that I could point out countless f*** ups by the rest of the team, particularly the defence.

How many times recently have they been caught out? Lynch arsed about for the Millwall goal. El Abd should have cleared one at another game, Yeovil maybe. Butters has had his share of moments recently, and Mayo- let's not even TRY to go into that.

But I don't hear any of you suggesting that Lynch is responsible for our losing streak, or that Butters should be dropped, for example.

(Granted, I know Butters is a special case, and that there are plenty of people on here who would quite happily and shamelessly offer him the captaincy, another ten year contract, a pay rise and a coaching job for life, or at least until his family get bored of posting on NSC)

But the whole team have been crap recently. I just want them all to be treated the same- if you're going to ruthlessly pick holes in Henderson's game, then do the same for Kuipers, Robinson, Hammond, El Abd etc

That is all :lolol:

Didnt people try and blame Hendo for Lynch's mistake against millwall?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kinky Gerbils said:
Didnt people try and blame Hendo for Lynch's mistake against millwall?
Yep

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I think Henderson is a good overall keeper, but has made some high profile mistakes which have cost us games, ie, v Bournemouth and Millwall.

Those mistakes coupled with the impression that he often flaps or is hesitant, make many people prefer Kuipers over him.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well the initial screw up against Millwall was clearly Lynch's fault.

Henderson then hesitated for a split second, which I think made the difference. But needless to say, in the pub talk afterwards it was ENTIRELY Henderson's fault.

As was his penalty save in the previous match, I mean how LAZY and STUPID of him to let the rebound go straight to an opposing player, of course that was entirely down to him and not the defence allowing three attackers to reach it before they'd even woken up.

And as for Bournemouth, well how can a grown man POSSIBLY slip over accidentally, I mean how CARELESS and UNPREPARED of him

:jester:

He has cost us a couple of goals though, I can't deny that

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
edna krabappel said:

And as for Bournemouth, well how can a grown man POSSIBLY slip over accidentally, I mean how CARELESS and UNPREPARED of him

Soccer AM, the following Sat showed five clips of keepers who did exactly the same in the atrocious weather conditions including Hendo.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Kuipers would NEVER fall over.

And even if he did, he'd have time to put the kettle on, change his boots, do a triple salko, wave to his adoring fans and still catch the ball before the striker got to it.

There's really not much point in this argument. We have two rather good keepers, both DO have weaknesses as well as strengths, and in training they get to work on both.

So what? We won today, and there really doesn't have to be criticism of one player who didn't play into the bargain of celebrating the lads who did play.

NMH says "cut it out" - and well done today lads :clap2:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I dont really understand this Kuipers v Henderson debate, I couldn't give a monkeys if Ken Dodd is in goal aslong as he keeps the ball out of our net.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Just got back from the game.

FDM was off his line like a whippet today, at least three 50:50 challenges outside his box as I recall - I'd lay a small wager Hendo would have remained rooted to his 6-yard box in the same situations.

Distribution - today the wind was strong and directly in our faces 1st half - I think FDM's 2nd GK went straight into touch - after that everything made the halfway line and stayed in play - slightly laughable point: at one of their corners, one of their players got injured (FDM came off his line and caught the ball cleanly), anyway FDM went to kick the ball into touch so the physio could get on, but his kick failed to find touch - so the ref had to stop play and then do a drop ball.

Only thing I saw that (may of) let FDM down today was that he kicked everything (no throw outs) but with the wind as it was, probably best approach.

We could hear FDM shouting instructions to his defenders today, something I've never heard Hendo do - if Hendo is in a run of poor form, best he drops to the stiffs and gets some clean sheets behind him.

As I think someone already said above - primary aim of the keeper is to stop goals - anything else is a bonus. FDM suceeded 100% in this today.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
the wanderbus said:
I dont really understand this Kuipers v Henderson debate, I couldn't give a monkeys if Ken Dodd is in goal aslong as he keeps the ball out of our net.

Me neither but if it was just a debate rather than an ongoing war of words it would be much more palatable. I cannot see that taking sides like this really helps either player. It wouldn't be so bad if this forum was hidden away in a corner but the fact is that the local media will clearly make hay from this ongoing clash of opinions because NSC has a lot of clout. Personally I think Kuipers gives his defence more confidence and is a better pick at the moment despite his distribution failings, but every player has their off-periods and Henderson will develop if he is given constructive criticism and encouragement, rather than a public slagging off everytime he drops a ball. This would evolve naturally if posters on this forum were to take less polarised standpoints and adopted more neutral but constructive points of view. And whoever is in goal for us should get 90 minutes of unqualified support from us. I would rather keep two good goalkeepers than lose one or both through a public (as NSC is) witch-hunt.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bardo said:
Me neither but if it was just a debate rather than an ongoing war of words it would be much more palatable. I cannot see that taking sides like this really helps either player. It wouldn't be so bad if this forum was hidden away in a corner but the fact is that the local media will clearly make hay from this ongoing clash of opinions because NSC has a lot of clout. Personally I think Kuipers gives his defence more confidence and is a better pick at the moment despite his distribution failings, but every player has their off-periods and Henderson will develop if he is given constructive criticism and encouragement, rather than a public slagging off everytime he drops a ball. This would evolve naturally if posters on this forum were to take less polarised standpoints and adopted more neutral but constructive points of view. And whoever is in goal for us should get 90 minutes of unqualified support from us. I would rather keep two good goalkeepers than lose one or both through a public (as NSC is) witch-hunt.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
bardo said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
It is because of short sighted supporters like you who cannot understand how a football club and a business run. What Henderson has had to put up with is virtual abuse and then you accuse him. All clubs need two good keeps and if FDM gets injured where will we be then. A young International keeper and you lot run him out.

mrhairy said:
It is because of short sighted supporters like you who cannot understand how a football club and a business run. What Henderson has had to put up with is virtual abuse and then you accuse him. All clubs need two good keeps and if FDM gets injured where will we be then. A young International keeper and you lot run him out.

Who's running him out - a bunch of internet opinionated self-appointed self-important critics?

forchissakes take a PMS pill will you? This overdramatic over-the-top crap is giving me a headache.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here