Votes: 10 7.2%
  • not voting

Votes: 9 6.5%

• Total voters

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If every team had to live by the same rules we'd find perfectly good British replacements.

I very much doubt our team would be as good.

It took a South American to get our British players to stop playing hoofball all the time and to start playing entertaining, passing football. Overall, the foreign impact on British football, and the Albion side, has been to raise the standard of play.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Conservatives.

Hopefully the Clegg love-in novelty will have worn off by the time we vote and those people will have come to their senses.

Certainly feel any Cameron love-in has well and truly worn off!! Not that I take much notice of polls, but his popularity has fallen a little!

In each of the televised debates, Cameron has appeared inept, lacking in substance and confidence. Compare these to his performances in the commons at PMQs when he is egged on by the revolting Osbourne et al.

Did you guess I was voting Labour?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
If every team had to live by the same rules we'd find perfectly good British replacements.

If every team played by the same rules then we would be competing with them all for pickings from a much smaller pool of talent.

Take all the foreign managers out of the game for a start and you'll see all the best British coaches replace those who've been kicked out (at Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc.) which then has a knock on effect lower down the leagues. As the stock of managers such as Micky Adams and Russell Slade rises (because they're British and currently employed by professional football clubs) you'd see them taking on bigger roles leaving the lower teams to promote from within or delve down even deeper into non league for managers and staff.

We'd be f***ed, and light years behind where we are now

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The cons have pulled back a bit in the wake of the last debate and also, I think more significantly, the orchestrated attacks by the Tory press on Clegg and the LibDems. Still miles from getting a majority though, and it's really beginning to get on my tits that DC keeps banging on about hung parliaments being a disaster. It'll only be a disaster for the tories, and will show just how unpopular they are if they can't even win an election following a complete disaster of a term for the current government.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The cons have pulled back a bit in the wake of the last debate and also, I think more significantly, the orchestrated attacks by the Tory press on Clegg and the LibDems. Still miles from getting a majority though, and it's really beginning to get on my tits that DC keeps banging on about hung parliaments being a disaster. It'll only be a disaster for the tories, and will show just how unpopular they are if they can't even win an election following a complete disaster of a term for the current government.

I thought it was interesting how weak the basis of the right-wing press' attack on the Lib Dems was:
- an article about the British fixation with WWII dressed up as a 'Nazi slur'
- a bank statement including a transfer of money by registered donors into the leader's bank account which also documented the money coming out to pay staff dressed up as a scandal.

Voters would have to be verging on illiterate to believe those stories.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I thought it was interesting how weak the basis of the right-wing press' attack on the Lib Dems was:
- an article about the British fixation with WWII dressed up as a 'Nazi slur'
- a bank statement including a transfer of money by registered donors into the leader's bank account which also documented the money coming out to pay staff dressed up as a scandal.

Voters would have to be verging on illiterate to believe those stories.

I agree when you actually read the articles that they were non-stories, however many voters would have only seen the headlines, either on breakfast news or at their newsagent, so I'm fairly sure they would have had an effect. The way that the donation story was brought up by the chair of the Sky debate was nothing short of a disgrace, and I'm surprised that so little has been made of this departure from impartiality.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
If every team played by the same rules then we would be competing with them all for pickings from a much smaller pool of talent.

Take all the foreign managers out of the game for a start and you'll see all the best British coaches replace those who've been kicked out (at Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc.) which then has a knock on effect lower down the leagues. As the stock of managers such as Micky Adams and Russell Slade rises (because they're British and currently employed by professional football clubs) you'd see them taking on bigger roles leaving the lower teams to promote from within or delve down even deeper into non league for managers and staff.

We'd be f***ed, and light years behind where we are now

Rubbish. There was nothing wrong with the football league in England before the influx of foreign players and managers.

And taking foreign players and managers out of the UK game would give British kids and aspiring managers a far greater opportunity to "make it" in the game which has to be good for English football.

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
Does that mean Calderon will have to return to Spain? Poyet back to Uruguay? Lua-Lua back to Congo?

Well no it does not actually, many people do not understand the BNP's policiesand just call them 'vile racist pigs' and when asked what would the BNP do, they reply with 'kick everyone who is not 100% british out of the country, this is simply not the case.

BNP's immigration policy's...

- Deport all the two million plus who are here illegally;

- Deport all those who commit crimes and whose original nationality was not British;

- Review all recent grants of residence or citizenship to ensure they are still appropriate;

- Offer generous grants to those of foreign descent resident here who wish to leave permanently;

- Stop all new immigration except for exceptional cases;

- Reject all asylum seekers who passed safe countries on their way to Britain.

They would not be going anywhere, so you don't have much of a point.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BNP's immigration policy's...

- Review all recent grants of residence or citizenship to ensure they are still appropriate; What does still appropriate mean?

- Offer generous grants to those of foreign descent resident here who wish to leave permanently; Where is the money coming from and does that mean they are banned from ever returning?

- Stop all new immigration except for exceptional cases; The BNP have never stated what 'exceptional cases' means?

- Reject all asylum seekers who passed safe countries on their way to Britain. What about if they wish to join their family that are currently residing in Britian?

They would not be going anywhere, so you don't have much of a point.

Let's face it. They have watered down their policies in the face of mass criticism. Not exactly the strong party they would want you to believe them to be.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
They're not racist, they're going to pay all the brown people to leave :lol:

In the incredibly unlikely event that the BNP somehow came to power do you really believe this is what would happen? Because to me it seems far more likely they would rule, as Nick Griffin said, not sure if he put it in the manifesto though, with jackboots and fists.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Super dave.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Undecided as yet, but it definitely will not be Green or BNP.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
lets face it..if anyone DID vote to stop immigration...

the only party to vote for is the volcanic ash party.
they've stopped more immigration in the last 2 weeks than labour have since they've been in power.

oh by the way...labour here :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here