Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimbledon this year, and tennis in general

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Fantastic stuff from the big fella.

(His girlfriend is quite cute, isn't she?)

his girlfriend is banging.

in response to the pardon the interruption guys complaining of a lack of us men coming through, they have ryan harrison who is already in their davis cup team. bjorn frantangelo (sp?) won the junior french open this year, and they have a guy absolutely tearing college tennis apart atm, i think they will be fine for the next 'generation'

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Federer will win Wimbledon this year, he just looks a class above everyone else.

seal-of-fail.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I love Tsonga, he is incredible!

Missed the game, just seen on the BBC site that he won. Going to have to pay it some attention now, I like Tsonga. In fact, I'd go so far as to say I hope he wins the tournament. Bored with Nadal etc.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh sorry for getting it wrong, such a bad thing. Each round Federer has done well and looked the best player.

Please forgive me for being such a dick and getting it wrong. :facepalm:
IMO, he had looked no better than the other 3 of the top 4. However, he was absolute quality in the first set today and the second set tiebreak.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
in response to the pardon the interruption guys complaining of a lack of us men coming through, they have ryan harrison who is already in their davis cup team. bjorn frantangelo (sp?) won the junior french open this year, and they have a guy absolutely tearing college tennis apart atm, i think they will be fine for the next 'generation'

Presumably the lad is in the Davis Cup team BECAUSE there's no one else BECAUSE they're so shite. Anyway, it's not just lack of players coming through right now, it's that no one's come through in the last 7 or 8 years and there's apathy towards tennis in the States. Kornheiser looks as though he's going to be right about thinking Fish would lose, I see he's a break down in the 4th.

With kids and tennis, history is littered with child prodigy's that never made it big. We'll see where those US kids are in 5 years.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What is it with Boris Becker. Every time I see him, he looks more like that bloke from Airplane who has been on the glue

sniffing-glue.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They ought to do something about the pitch before the Olympics

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here