Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimbledon crowds are essentially twats: Discuss

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's looking increasingly like tomorrow will be the first day the new Centre Court roof is used due to rain.

You can tell the BBC are already deeply excited about that prospect, while I can't even begin to imagine how thrilling the Centre Court crowd will find it, given how much enjoyment they get out of something as mundane as a verminous bird landing on the turf.

Sadly it seems they were more interested in creating an awesome atmosphore for the tennis.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
check out these nerds:tosser:, kind of vindicates everything Edna has said.:thumbsup:

Because us football fans are soooo different

md_7390887%20English%20Fans.jpg

sam-wallace-england-_60792t.jpg

And I can't find a photo of those five at Lord's when we won the C&G in MUSHY t shirts

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Didn't allegedly Andy Roddick allegedly shag Sharapova, and allegedly comment afterwards she just lay there like a plank of wood?

Well maybe because Andy's Rod was not so "dick" more "schmal" as the Austrians, Swiss, Germans etc would put it.
Apart from that I'm amazed by far down the US and Australian tennis establishments have gone. Beam back 20-30 years and they virtualy dominated Wimbledon. Now the former Soviet countries have taken over.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Apart from that I'm amazed by far down the US and Australian tennis establishments have gone. Beam back 20-30 years and they virtualy dominated Wimbledon. Now the former Soviet countries have taken over.

Not really when you look at the quarter finals with 3 out of 8 ladies and none in the mens

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Call me a cynic.......but where do Wimbledon/the MOD find this never ending parade of ethnic servicemen? Do they trawl the streets of SW19 looking for men of colour, cosh them, drag them round the back of centre court for a back, sack and crack and a uniform fitting before instructing them to stand at various points around Centre Court, preferably where the BBC camera can pick them out and show to the world how multi-racial our armed forces really are? ;)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sadly it seems they were more interested in creating an awesome atmosphore for the tennis.

Once the first set was over, yes...

As anticipated, however, the Centre Court crowd did remain true to the stereotype when it was announced the roof was closing, all the Ginnys and Annabels clubbing together to produce an excitable cheer all the time the two halves were moving towards each other, culminating in a giant "Hurrah!" when they finally met :rolleyes:

I also noted some distinct harrumphing from certain elements of the crowd when a few Murray fans got a bit too raucous in their support. I presume this disgruntlement was from the SW19 equivalent of the MCC members at Lords, who tolerate clapping only below a certain volume. And certainly no cheering.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
I was on a corporate at Wimbledon yesterday - had it not been mandatory to attend for my company, I'd certainly not have gone. Not one of things which makes us great IMHO. As one poster mentioned the chanting such as there is - I wonder what foreigners make of the Geordie poofs when they start singing Blaydon Races? Probably nothing as their dialect and general abuse of vowels would make them pretty incomprehensible. Henmania probably passed foreign nationals by in much the same way.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Once the first set was over, yes...

As anticipated, however, the Centre Court crowd did remain true to the stereotype when it was announced the roof was closing, all the Ginnys and Annabels clubbing together to produce an excitable cheer all the time the two halves were moving towards each other, culminating in a giant "Hurrah!" when they finally met :rolleyes:

I also noted some distinct harrumphing from certain elements of the crowd when a few Murray fans got a bit too raucous in their support. I presume this disgruntlement was from the SW19 equivalent of the MCC members at Lords, who tolerate clapping only below a certain volume. And certainly no cheering.

Why dont you listen to it on the radio ???

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ?? did you not see the jewish guy with the funny hat and hair do on centre court last night ??
Um, I don't quite know how to say this, but Jewish people have been going to Wimbledon for many years. Obviously if your lot had won WW2 then things would be different and the sight of a Jewish person in a public place would indeed be something remarkable.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see Andrea Temesvari will be appearing in the Women's Seniors Doubles event later today. Phwoarrrr!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
At last some sense on Centre Court from Karlovic - sunglasses. Not only protecting the thin, delicate skin around the eye area from sun damage and thus premature ageing, but also meaning he doesn't have to squint, thus avoiding further premature ageing in the form of crows feet and dry lines.

:thumbsup::clap2::thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here