Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Wimbledon 2024

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
The only interest I have in football at the moment is Albion related, most games I’ve watched in the Euros have annoyed and bored me in equal measure. I am watching Wimbledon in preference to the Euros. Is there something wrong with me??

I am, though, very very excited about what is going on at the Albion, can’t wait for the season to start!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Novak Djokovic calling out the Centre Court crowd for booing him.

The crowd were apparently chanting “Rune!”

Makes Graham Potter look positively thick-skinned.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Novak Djokovic calling out the Centre Court crowd for booing him.

The crowd were apparently chanting “Rune!”

Makes Graham Potter look positively thick-skinned.
Djokovic is a dick, funny when he pretends to be injured to put the opponent off their stride it's not cheating :tosser:

Crowd were clearly chanting Rune, same way Luke or Root, or Jude

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Djokovic is a dick, funny when he pretends to be injured to put the opponent off their stride it's not cheating :tosser:

Crowd were clearly chanting Rune, same way Luke or Root, or Jude
I used to dislike Djokovic, particularly during the vaccine palava around the Aussie Open. However, I read a couple of his books and watched him more closely and I've completely changed my mind on him. He's a very positive person dedicated to his sport. Just because his mannerisms aren't great sometimes and that he uses the crowd energy (sometimes just one person in the crowd) to raise his game doesn't make him a dick imo. He is a bit sensitive but that isn't a crime in my book. Absolutely the greatest player of all time too. Love to watch him. It's a shame so many of the other players (Sinner, Zverev, Fritz) are so dull in comparison.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Been a few times but this year was the first time we got tickets + purchased them. Lovely day out on Court One. Expensive day out but nice to have finally done it properly

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I used to dislike Djokovic, particularly during the vaccine palava around the Aussie Open. However, I read a couple of his books and watched him more closely and I've completely changed my mind on him. He's a very positive person dedicated to his sport. Just because his mannerisms aren't great sometimes and that he uses the crowd energy (sometimes just one person in the crowd) to raise his game doesn't make him a dick imo. He is a bit sensitive but that isn't a crime in my book. Absolutely the greatest player of all time too. Love to watch him. It's a shame so many of the other players (Sinner, Zverev, Fritz) are so dull in comparison.
He was acting like a child on court today

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
He was acting like a child on court today
Maybe, maybe not. I watched the whole game, the "Rooon-ing" was predominantly when Djokovic won a point rather than celebrating when Rune won a point. Djokovic obviously used it to raise his game and smashed the bloke off the park. Added a bit of spice to what was a very easy win for him. Was hoping for a bit of spice from Rune but he seemed resigned to losing from the off.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Maybe, maybe not. I watched the whole game, the "Rooon-ing" was predominantly when Djokovic won a point rather than celebrating when Rune won a point. Djokovic obviously used it to raise his game and smashed the bloke off the park. Added a bit of spice to what was a very easy win for him. Was hoping for a bit of spice from Rune but he seemed resigned to losing from the off.
Not a fan but an astonishingly good player. Last night he behaved like a stroppy teenager with a massive chip on his shoulder in the post match interview. If he comes up against Alcaraz or Sinner it will be box office, what’s not to like?

His over bouncing of the ball before he serves winds me up far more than it should too :smile:

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
Djokovic is a self important and arrogant prat of the highest order, from his families support of Putin to his selfish stance on covid vaccines I consider him the least likeable of any current major sports star and that is saying something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here