Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Wimbledon 2024

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Alcaraz is f***ing box office, absolute flair master

Love watching him
He is indeed. I also enjoy watching Medvedev. He's warmed on me a lot recent years due to his humble and witty post match interviews. Plus his defensive play is unbelievable sometimes. Always enjoy Alcaraz Vs Medvedev, nice clash of styles.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Huge semi starting and court is half empty. Tickets for today were £200 plus why on earth would you miss the start of game Over half hour break since last game

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Huge semi starting and court is half empty. Tickets for today were £200 plus why on earth would you miss the start of game Over half hour break since last game
Tbf it's going to last maybe 3 or 4 hours, missing the first 10 minutes or so after watching a 3 hour match isn't a massive hardship

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I don't want to know about your huge semi!

Jokes aside too many people are there for the nose bag and Pimms. Two years ago we struck gold in the ballot and for about £100 quid each we got centre court tickets for the opening day about 5 rows behind the umpire. We were glued to our seats and whilst not massive tennis fans it was a great experience. However, I was amazed at the number of people up and down missing large chunks of play simply to get a drink. Posing and boozing seemed more important than the tennis.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
It's just the same at other tournaments around the world.
I've been many times to Wimbledon and Eastbourne and to be fair if you need a piss or a bite to eat you can't stay in your seat the whole time. And, funnily enough, there are queues for the food and the loos.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Alcaraz absolutely bottles his service game serving for the title, losing from 40-0

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here