Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Wimbledon 2022

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
How gutting must it be for people who have tickets on Centre Court for tomorrow's men's semi-finals? So much pressure on Novak Djokovic and Cameron Norrie now to play a memorable match. I can't see it happening. Djok will want to get the job done ASAP. I imagine Kygrios will probably play a best of three-setter prep match against a friend to keep himself in tune for Sunday.

Havoc for the bookies as well. Refunds on Rafa and a very heavy snip on the 33/1 on Kygrios before Wimbledon taken off.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
How gutting must it be for people who have tickets on Centre Court for tomorrow's men's semi-finals? So much pressure on Novak Djokovic and Cameron Norrie now to play a memorable match. I can't see it happening. Djok will want to get the job done ASAP. I imagine Kygrios will probably play a best of three-setter prep match against a friend to keep himself in tune for Sunday.

Havoc for the bookies as well. Refunds on Rafa and a very heavy snip on the 33/1 on Kygrios before Wimbledon taken off.

Even more gutting must be Kygrios getting a free pass to the final after his antics.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Even more gutting must be Kygrios getting a free pass to the final after his antics.

Absolutely this! Not a fan of Djokovic but now really want him to thrash the idiot resulting in an on court meltdown. Sadly he's on form and no guarantee that he will lose to Djokovic. Should he win, the world needs to labour the point " well you didn't really win the title properly because of the bye in the semi ". Imagine his dismay!:rant:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Generally, number of grand slam wins is the major argument on considering who is the GOAT

Currently Nadal leads with 22 with Roger and Novak on 20. Federer unlikely to win anymore.
Without looking at the averages, you will never convince me the best batsman in living memory isn't Sir Viv Richards.

I don't need to look at averages, I know what I saw. Same goes for Roger Federer.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Without looking at the averages, you will never convince me the best batsman in living memory isn't Sir Viv Richards.

I don't need to look at averages, I know what I saw. Same goes for Roger Federer.

head to head maybe another way of looking at. I don't think that will get the result you want either.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
No - I’m with Simster on this and personally would put Roger and Rafa ahead of Djokovic whatever the stats end up saying.

Surely you wouldn’t say Ronaldo is automatically the GOAT in terms of strikers JUST because he’s scored the most would you? It’s too clinical a method of assessment for me.

I would also agree that Viv in his pomp was the most destructive batsman I’ve seen - is Bradman the best ever simply because he has the highest average? No, not for me.

Sporting discussions are fun but essentially just that

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I am a Wimbledon convert.
Amazing facilities.
The best matchday staff I've ever come across, even better than Cororado Rockies which was my benchmark.
Clean toilets
Real Ale
Plenty of bars so no long queues.
Terrific signage
Lovely atmosphere.
Great food choice.

The wheelchair tennis is amazing and apparently our boy is currently ahead.

Only negative, no WiFi.

But this beats every single big sporting event I've ever been to.

Wembley, Lord's, Goodwood, Cheltenham, Royal Ascot.... this is how it's done

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Ooh it’s a corner;10312071 said:
Remember though he started very poorly against Sinner and then by the end was totally on top - long way to go

This and now taken the second set. Norrie always struggling to hold his serve in that one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here