Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Wimbledon 2022

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just watched it again, Macca plays a blinder bailing him out with his comment 'He got that right'. :D:lol::lolol:

Needs a GIF.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was told there was a Brit in the semi-finals. I thought 'Nah, he's a hop on from a Commonwealth nation surely'

Lo and behold...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Must have been very advanced for his age then as our Cameron, the child of 2 Brits, left South Africa at the age of 3.

It’s this sort of thing I struggle with (and I appreciate I’m on my own here):

‘In April 2013, New Zealand-based Norrie switched his allegiance at 17 to Great Britain, the nationality of both his parents, partly due to available funding

The guy is born and raised in the Southern Hemisphere by parents who haven’t lived here in over three decades, but the flag of convenience suits. For me he’s one step removed from being another Greg Rudetski.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016

‘In April 2013, New Zealand-based Norrie switched his allegiance at 17 to Great Britain, the nationality of both his parents, partly due to available funding

The guy is born and raised in the Southern Hemisphere by parents who haven’t lived here in over three decades, but the flag of convenience suits. For me he’s one step removed from being another Greg Rudetski.

There's a reason that there's no real fuss about him. He's come out of nowhere, he's 26 years old and he puts the ish in British. I like his playing style and he's a leftie, which I'm a big fan of. But I watch Murray on the edge of my seat wanting him to do well, Norrie is just another good player. I think no more of him than Tsitsipas or Zverev or Ruud.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

But NZ didn't want to fund him or were only offering limited funding but the LTA were offering more. He qualified for that funding so why not use it? He then went off to college in the US on a scholarship, presumably using US funding - nothing wrong with that either. Where he was born and raised is irrelevant and he is certainly nothing like Greg Rusedski - both his parents are British. Anyone born of British parents are British, it doesn't matter where they live or lived, and as such have every right to qualify for the same benefits of Britishness as all other Brits. we were offering funding, he took it, good for him I say.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
But NZ didn't want to fund him or were only offering limited funding but the LTA were offering more. He qualified for that funding so why not use it? He then went off to college in the US on a scholarship, presumably using US funding - nothing wrong with that either. Where he was born and raised is irrelevant and he is certainly nothing like Greg Rusedski - both his parents are British. Anyone born of British parents are British, it doesn't matter where they live or lived, and as such have every right to qualify for the same benefits of Britishness as all other Brits. we were offering funding, he took it, good for him I say.

He is very much like Rudetski in terms of having a British mother, but that doesn’t suit your narrative. You spin it your way I’ll spin it mine. As I qualified in my post, mine is just my personal opinion..

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I have but three wishes...Nadal recovers from this abdomen issue, he spanks the mad Aussie and he buys some pants that fit and don't continually get wedged up his crack.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not interested in tennis, but saw a bit of the final stages of Nadal's game. A question. Why so much support for Nadal from the crowd? He's not British. He's won quite enough in his career. Shirley the Wimbledon crowd should be supporting the underdog? Isn't that the British thing to do?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here