Votes: 42 33.6%
  • Bi-Curious

Votes: 31 24.8%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wouldn't be at all surprised if he chucked the odd banger up the old chocolate fun slot.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
why do so many people post 'his sexuality is irrelevant'? That makes me laugh. What you mean is "ideally it should be, and i would like everyone to know that is what I believe, what do you think of that?"

nothing wrong with thoese sentiments but back in the real world, potential infidelity, especially with another man, is something that will damage his politic credibility and on a personal level any infidelity is morally questionable to say the least.

anyone who watched telly last night will have seen what happens when you vote in compulsive liars, truth distorters and bullshitters to lead your country. its best not to do that if you can avoid it. even if that means being associated to unsavoury witch hunts from time to time.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
_48948169_010037060-1.jpg

What gay man would go for this?

the funny thing is, this photo is suppose to be the seed of the rumour, yet it says man in late 40's trying/failing to be trendy, far more than suggesting anything gay.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
the funny thing is, this photo is suppose to be the seed of the rumour, yet it says man in late 40's trying/failing to be trendy, far more than suggesting anything gay.

His mate looks like a cross between uri gellar and the man in the moon.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The whole thing thought up by that nasty little shit mandelson no doubt, I'm sure he knows enough people to 'back' up the story!!

I think the story stems from him appointing an extra aid (2 is the norm apparently) who has no previous when it comes to Hague's portfolio. This appointment looks a bit odd, so a few people have put 2 and 2 together.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
why do so many people post 'his sexuality is irrelevant'? That makes me laugh. What you mean is "ideally it should be, and i would like everyone to know that is what I believe, what do you think of that?"

nothing wrong with thoese sentiments but back in the real world, potential infidelity, especially with another man, is something that will damage his politic credibility and on a personal level any infidelity is morally questionable to say the least.

anyone who watched telly last night will have seen what happens when you vote in compulsive liars, truth distorters and bullshitters to lead your country. its best not to do that if you can avoid it. even if that means being associated to unsavoury witch hunts from time to time.

In this case his sexuality is irrelevant, if he had shared a hotel room with a young woman on the election trail, and then given her a job for which she did not appear qualified, it would still look bad, maybe worse.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
In this case his sexuality is irrelevant, if he had shared a hotel room with a young woman on the election trail, and then given her a job for which she did not appear qualified, it would still look bad, maybe worse.

hmmm yes perhaps you are right - thats maybe why the thread is titled 'hague, gay or nay' rather than 'hague, knocking someone else off?' as thats the electorate's primary concern, irrespective of gender.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
hmmm yes perhaps you are right - thats maybe why the thread is titled 'hague, gay or nay' rather than 'hague, knocking someone else off?' as thats the electorate's primary concern, irrespective of gender.

I think the electorate's concern should be, is he giving his lover a job for which he or she is unqualified? Much as I dislike Mr Hague the answer seems to be clearly no, so nothing to get upset about. It appears to me that the smear comes from the right not the left, a lot of right wingers in the media resent the influence that Lord Ashcroft has on the present government. Mr Hague is a close personal friend of Lord Ashcroft.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I think the electorate's concern should be, is he giving his lover a job for which he or she is unqualified?

not arguing with you on what people should be concerned about cuthbert. just trying to get people to admit that salacious tittle tattle is what most of the public want, and if it involves bumming then that cranks it up even more. good for those who genuinely dont care but

for every self conscious and vainglorious 'i am not interested/it doesnt matter' post, there are a hundred people going this is brilliant, and made all the spicier that it is not some run of the mill politicians affair. the enlightened ones are in the minority, and i suspect half the time not completely telling the truth with their pronouncements of indifference.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

It's funny how we think that about politicians but we don't really care when it's (say) celebrities. Apart from Ashley Cole of course. For my money, unless a politician is specifically using his family life as a campaigning tool, or he has adopted a moral guardian stance based on his supposedly perfect family man role, then it's up to them what they do. Since when did we look to our MPs for guidance on how we should live? They make our laws, they decide how much we should be taxed and so on, but do I look at David Cameron, say, for moral direction? Not a chance. If they're on the take financially, or giving out jobs for the boys based on their romantic affairs, that's different, but I honestly don't really care who the average politician is sleeping with.

Besides, it always makes me chuckle when the tabloids- and thus the general public- start getting on their high horses about politicians affairs. The divorce rate in this country is, what, 50%? Which suggests an awful lot of people are in no position whatsoever to criticise some MP or other.

I'd bet that of all the posters on here, the number who can honestly say they have never, ever, been remotely unfaithful to a partner is absolutely minuscule, be that having a full blown affair, or getting off with a colleague at your work Christmas party.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
It's funny how we think that about politicians but we don't really care when it's (say) celebrities. Apart from Ashley Cole of course. For my money, unless a politician is specifically using his family life as a campaigning tool, or he has adopted a moral guardian stance based on his supposedly perfect family man role, then it's up to them what they do. Since when did we look to our MPs for guidance on how we should live? They make our laws, they decide how much we should be taxed and so on, but do I look at David Cameron, say, for moral direction? Not a chance. If they're on the take financially, or giving out jobs for the boys based on their romantic affairs, that's different, but I honestly don't really care who the average politician is sleeping with.

Besides, it always makes me chuckle when the tabloids- and thus the general public- start getting on their high horses about politicians affairs. The divorce rate in this country is, what, 50%? Which suggests an awful lot of people are in no position whatsoever to criticise some MP or other.

I'd bet that of all the posters on here, the number who can honestly say they have never, ever, been remotely unfaithful to a partner is absolutely minuscule, be that having a full blown affair, or getting off with a colleague at your work Christmas party.

You have a point Edna. But as you say, they make our laws, so it could be argued that they do have some sort of responsibility morally. No a bit of extra curricular shagging may not be against the law, but politics is a bit more than rubber stamping bills in parliament. There are many that claim to or wish to have a hand on the moral tiller, politics attracts i know best busy bodies better than pretty much any profession.

If coppers were out smoking weed or comitting other minor offences, would it be OK because most people do it?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You have a point Edna. But as you say, they make our laws, so it could be argued that they do have some sort of responsibility morally. No a bit of extra curricular shagging may not be against the law, but politics is a bit more than rubber stamping bills in parliament. There are many that claim to or wish to have a hand on the moral tiller, politics attracts i know best busy bodies better than pretty much any profession.

If coppers were out smoking weed or comitting other minor offences, would it be OK because most people do it?

Not at all, but then again that's illegal, whereas poking one of your colleagues behind your wife's back (or maybe she knows) isn't. It breaks one of the Ten Commandments, as I understand them, but not the law.

I do understand where you're coming from, honestly! The best ones are the sort of Christian-Right US congressmen and senators who preach hellfire and damnation on anyone who dares stray from the Lord Jesus's moral path....and then get caught out poking a young male Mexican intern. Now THEY deserve all the abuse that's coming to them :lolol:

Dandyman

In London village.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The best ones are the sort of Christian-Right US congressmen and senators who preach hellfire and damnation on anyone who dares stray from the Lord Jesus's moral path....and then get caught out poking a young male Mexican intern. Now THEY deserve all the abuse that's coming to them :lolol:

Indeed Edna some of these Southern US politicians can be a bit iffy too.

boss-hogg.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here