Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

William Hague - A man who can do a Job

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Hague is a psychotic Europhobe who lives in dread that we will turn into an economic basket case such as Germany. He wants us to be like Wall Street so he can mix with the hucksters, shysters and medicine men he loves so much. A fair proportion of my instincts are old-time one nation Tory but as long as this smarmy individual is anyway near the leadership of the Conservative Party I'm somewhere else.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I quite like Hague, he is a very clever man. I might not agree with his political views much but I like the way he presents them.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
what a load of shite.

Thanks for that reasoned response to my statement that Tories in shire counties do not take to non public school types. I take it you have never worked with a Tory led County Council and listened to how the Tory Councillors poked fun at Edward Heath, John Major or David Davis because of their background.

They can be quite devasting in their dismissal of people who are "not one of us" I do believe that Cameron is leading a more progressive team but out in the country there will be many Tories who will still have quite blinkered views.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I like Hague, too ealry for him leader last time, and at a time where labour couldnt fail.

However he has already said he would never do it again.

I was thinking something similar the other day. To be honest, I do not really like DC (but he is best of those on offer as PM), and was thinking how sad it was that William Hague is no longer tory leader, as he actually appeared to be the best guy for the job.

Everlast

Sep 3, 2009
Thanks for that reasoned response to my statement that Tories in shire counties do not take to non public school types. I take it you have never worked with a Tory led County Council and listened to how the Tory Councillors poked fun at Edward Heath, John Major or David Davis because of their background.

They can be quite devasting in their dismissal of people who are "not one of us" I do believe that Cameron is leading a more progressive team but out in the country there will be many Tories who will still have quite blinkered views.

You'll find plenty of prejudice towards public school/priviledged types in the Labour party too. Unfortunately, you'll find it in all facets of life.

Once again, Cameron was not elected leader of the Conservatives because of his background. It was simply because he made a much better speech at the 2005 Tory conference than David Davis (who, until then, was the leading contender). In the end they decided to chose style over substance. They thought Cameron was their ticket to winning power.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
And Maggie the Thatch and Michael " something of the night" Howard, what does your comprehensive survey say of them?

Not sure where we are going with this! I have not claimed to have undertaken a comprehensive survey. All I have said is that there are class divisions in the Tory party and gave my personal evidence to support this. Others disagree. Fair enough.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
About the only good thing about this sorry saga finally reaching some sort of conclusion is that we won't have to tolerate that laughable little c unt Hague with his fake statesman voice every day any longer. Oh, and that ginger-header Lib-Dem nonentity either. Back in the box, freaks! :salute:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Watch out for another graduate of Wath on Dearne School, Justine Greening, who represents Putney, the neighbouring constituency to mine. She increased her majority from 1500 to over 10000. A star in the making.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thought you lefties loathed public school types. Hague went to Wath on Dearne Comprehensive School. Lose.

did I miss something here ? I never commented about his education ?

lose (r) ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here