Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

William Buckley....

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Poyet's certainly got a tough call, but would have to be 4-3-3 Noone & Buckley starting with CMS in the middle with Hoskins & LuaLua to come on for me .......

:drool:

Has there been any news on Hoskins. All seems quiet to me. Really looking forward to seeing him in action

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Has there been any news on Hoskins. All seems quiet to me. Really looking forward to seeing him in action

I think he was quite close to being fit for the Donny game, so assume he was rested yesterday with an eye on Saturday.
If he's half as good as he was when we beat Brizzzle 4-2 away last season he will be a cracking signing, ran the show!

Last edited:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I can't believe Gus will play Buckley AND Noone from the start on Sat! He didn't do that away from home last year, so why do it this year?

I reckon the team will be:

--------------Ankregen--------------
Calderon Dunk Greer Painter
Dicker Bridcutt Vincelot
Buckley
CMS Barnes

With Lua Lua, Noone, Hoskins, Navs, Brezovan on the bench.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I think he was quite close to being fit for the Donny game, so assume he was rested yesterday with an eye on Saturday.
If he's half as good as he was when we beat Brizzzle 4-2 away last season he will be a cracking signing, ran the show!

Thanks. Agree he really could play a vital role just behind CMS pulling all the strings. Can't wait

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Gerry Fell was very quick and did that same thing that Buckley does of pushing the ball past the defender and beating the defender with sheer pace. Fell was also very good in the air and was switched to a more central role I seem to remember in the latter part of his career with the Albion.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No chance.
It would be tight. There were a couple of times in the first half last night when Buckley was giving the defender at least 3 yards head start and still getting there first. Kazenga this season hasn't done much apart from be fouled, fall over or give the ball away, but we all know what he's capable of. He needs to be a bit more cute in making space to receive the ball at this level. Last season he was doing exactly what Buckley was doing (3 yards head start and winning it) but Donny marked him tightly and it was like we were playing with ten men. I just feel he should drop back a yard or two before receiving the ball to give himself time to turn and attack the defender, and reduce the likelihood of being muscled off the ball thereby prompting a counterattack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here