Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

William Buckley....

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Weren't some fans saying he looked awful in pre-season and would be the odd winger out?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I was always confident that once he got on a big pitch with room to run into he would show up well.

We have 3 quality wingers, happy days :) keep them all fresh and fighting for a place...perfect

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can't believe how good he is. Fast, strong, good on the ball, great crosser, great finisher. What a buy.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
We was saying that after the game. Where does Lua Lua fit in. Buckley got the first touch, got the pace, can skip past people, and more importantly looks like he can produce a good cross. Should have at least one assit tonight. I think it was Dicker missed a clear header in front of the south

Buckley on the right, Lua-Lua on the left and CMS up top in a 4-3-3.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Buckley man of the match for me. 2 matches in a row.
He got me texting mates looks like a hoddle/waddle type. Like him!
Hope he makes it in the middle role. Coz noone and lua la are obviously quality.
Noone cud quite possibly be mom against donny if it weren't for Buckley.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I didn't think he looked that fast. I mean, he clearly is fast, but he just doesn't look like kaz or noone when he goes on a bursting run. Maybe it was just who he was running against made it look less impressive.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
He has that Bale-esque quality of moving very little but doing it over huge distances. Very quick acceleration but barely looks like he's breaking a sweat. The distance he made up for the pen was absurd.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I agree with all the plaudits given to him 100%, So I can't understand what the Watford fans were saying when we signed him. Oh well sour grapes I suppose. Oh and I would have had him as mom instead of Dicker.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I agree with all the plaudits given to him 100%, So I can't understand what the Watford fans were saying when we signed him. Oh well sour grapes I suppose. Oh and I would have had him as mom instead of Dicker.

I think they were trying to say he is hot and cold. tonight and against Donny he was on fire, but out in Portugal I really thought he was poor. Like Kaz, Nooney, and all exciting wingers, he will be inconsistent and that is what the watford fans were trying to get at.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think they were trying to say he is hot and cold. tonight and against Donny he was on fire, but out in Portugal I really thought he was poor. Like Kaz, Nooney, and all exciting wingers, he will be inconsistent and that is what the watford fans were trying to get at.

Absolutely, all wingers excpecially young ones like ours are always inconsistent, thats why we have 3 !...should always be at least one of them on fire !

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Lua Lua and Buckley to start for me. Noone missed his chance to stake a first team place somewhat tonight. Whether Gus will start with 2 wingers away from home is another matter.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I like the way he plays it past the defender when he is about 10 yards behind and still gets there first!

Yes he kicks the ball a long way in front of himself and then, whoosh !! past the defender and away.Sorry got a bit carried away there.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Definitely MotM. The people who chose Dicker couldn't have been watching. Vincelot second behind Bucko, looked very calm and composed on the ball, class touch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here