Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

William Buckley....

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Thought Buckley was terrific again. Pacy and strong. What I am liking about our three flying wingers is how direct they are. Buckley in particular justs goes straight at them. Not a penalty but he won it because of his pace. Fabulous!

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Lua Lua and Buckley to start for me. Noone missed his chance to stake a first team place somewhat tonight. Whether Gus will start with 2 wingers away from home is another matter.

Cant see us starting with two wingers so much away from home. Unless he starts games like he did last night with one up front and two wingers and three through the middle. Personally think that was why we found them hard to break down. Should have been two up front imho but in Gus we trust etc

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
After watching the pre season matches I thought Buckley looked a bit of a waste of money (I dont think I was the only one). He didnt look too interested, strolled around and didnt show that he had any pace. Then come the season, he scores a couple, his confidence is obviously high now as he was giving defenders 4/5 yard head starts and easily beating them.

Hope he can keep it up. Looks brilliant at the moment and got the crowd buzzing when he got the ball

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Team for Pompey HAS to be.

Casper

Painter Greer Dunk Calderon

Sparrow Bridcutt Vincelot

Noone CMS Buckley​

Kazenga and Hoskins coming off the bench with 20 minutes to go? :drool:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
f***ing hero that boy.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Team for Pompey HAS to be.

Casper

Painter Greer Dunk Calderon

Sparrow Bridcutt Vincelot

Noone CMS Buckley​

Kazenga and Hoskins coming off the bench with 20 minutes to go? :drool:

I'd love to see that, but I'd bring them on with half an hour to go! LuaLua for Noone and Hoskins for Buckley.

Very excited now!

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I'd love to see that, but I'd bring them on with half an hour to go! LuaLua for Noone and Hoskins for Buckley.

Very excited now!

I wasn't there last night but obviously Buckley was great Saturday and I saw the penalty decision on the telly last night, didnt know he was that quick! Amazing how people are now saying that Kaz should be sub Saturday after all the hype when we signed him.......great problems for Gus........I still think CMS deserved MOM on Saturday, I love that bloke with a passion!!!!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Without wishing to over-hype the lad - his running style reminds me of Le Tissier, slightly hunched shoulders, leaning forward, close control, and deceptively quick. I am not saying he is as good as Le Tissier - there are just some things that remind me.

That bit of control where he trapped the ball last night was bloomin brilliant.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Looks like I am the only person who wasn't too impressed with Noone last night. Bags of energy and effort but didn't really achieve much. Maybe I am being too harsh but I can't see him starting on Saturday.

Casper

Calde Greer Dunk Painter

Buckley Bridcutt Navarro/Vincelot Sparrow

CMS Barnes

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Weren't some fans saying he looked awful in pre-season and would be the odd winger out?

Certainly not me !

At Burgess Hill coming on for 30 mins he demonstrasted his speed and power of shot.

He is going to be a goodie !

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I wasn't there last night but obviously Buckley was great Saturday and I saw the penalty decision on the telly last night, didnt know he was that quick! Amazing how people are now saying that Kaz should be sub Saturday after all the hype when we signed him.......great problems for Gus........I still think CMS deserved MOM on Saturday, I love that bloke with a passion!!!!

I actually said Buckley should start (as he's amazing) and LuaLua should be an impact sub all along - it didn't go down very well so I'm enjoying my smugness as the moment.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Looks like I am the only person who wasn't too impressed with Noone last night. Bags of energy and effort but didn't really achieve much. Maybe I am being too harsh but I can't see him starting on Saturday.

He does sometimes lack a finish, that's been all obvious recently. I think that will improve though. However his vision on the pitch is incredible. His pass for Buckleys 98th minute winner was world class and that's what he's great at. he can take players on but he also has a superb range of passing and great vision. He's going to be vital for us this season.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
He does sometimes lack a finish, that's been all obvious recently. I think that will improve though. However his vision on the pitch is incredible. His pass for Buckleys 98th minute winner was world class and that's what he's great at. he can take players on but he also has a superb range of passing and great vision. He's going to be vital for us this season.

Not denying any of that, just think he really had a chance to cement a first team place for Saturday last night, but he didn't quite do it in my eyes. Nothing quite came off for the lad.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought Noone was awesome on Saturday, and poor last nigt - just kept running into people and giving away the ball.

Buckley looks terrific. KLL could learn a lot from the way he beats people. KLL is QUICKER, yet doesn't take people on as directly as Buckley did last night. When you are as quick as KLL, you don't need step overs, etc - just knock it past the guy and beat him in a race.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am liking this Buckley of whom you speak.

For a winger, he really is a big lad. I think his surprising speed comes from the length of stride and sheer power of his running. And with him being physically big and strong, he's a lot more difficult to barge off the ball than the likes of Noone (who I still rate very highly).

So we have quick nippy wingers and big powerful wingers as well. This is going to be FUN.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I thought Noone was awesome on Saturday, and poor last nigt - just kept running into people and giving away the ball.

Buckley looks terrific. KLL could learn a lot from the way he beats people. KLL is QUICKER, yet doesn't take people on as directly as Buckley did last night. When you are as quick as KLL, you don't need step overs, etc - just knock it past the guy and beat him in a race.

Not sure about that. Lua Lua seems a bit slower since the injury and reckon Buckley would possibly do him in a sprint with the ball

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Poyet's certainly got a tough call, but would have to be 4-3-3 Noone & Buckley starting with CMS in the middle with Hoskins & LuaLua to come on for me .......

:drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here