Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you still feel the same if Bennett stays

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
Bennett is a fav of mine, i think he is class and would love him to stay.

But when a player say's "i want to go" can you feel the same as before?

What do you think? :shrug:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
No, the love affair is over for me, same as Calderon. It's not that I resent him wanting to better himself, I'm not deluded and have no belief that Brighton and Hove Albion is the pinnacle of any player's aspirations, but the way it has come about leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Last edited:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I agree. Still want him at the club and think he will go in the summer, but just not the same anymore. He's cheated on us. :(

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Its disappointing that he has requested a transfer, and if he is refused that transfer then its up to him to put match winning performances in to make this blip a distant memory. If he sulks then Gus will drop him like a stone.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
If he stays and wins us promotion, all will be forgotten

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
He's been brilliant this year and his attitude is top-drawer. I don't think he can play any other way and until he shows otherwise we should ktf.

PG

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gets 100% support and no barracking from me

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Bennett will get my backing 100% because,we all want him to stay at the club and not move so why would anybody want to NOT be behind him? It would just ruin or chances of keeping him :shrug:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nope won't feel the same anymore, he played his card. Won't boo him either. NSC should be renamed Bennet chat today I think!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I haven't had a great attachment to any particular player in yuears. I don't know if it's an age thing or if there just hasn't been a player I've connected with, but because of this I don't think I feel so betrayed when a player considers or wants to move away. I actually find some of the vitriol towards him in the other threads quite embarrassing.

So yeah, I'm going to feel just the same.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Calderon has never fully recovered from his hero-to-zero thing in the eyes of many people. Personally don't begrudge any player doing what they think is right for them. It's a very short career after all.

Having said that, Bennett can't be very bright. Can't he see what a good thing we've got going here?

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
load of rubbish, you cant blame him for wanting to be in there squad, their pushing for premier league this season, if he stays wicked - hes really important to the club

100% backing from me

and will be chanting him on tomorrow

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Anybody is entitled to look elsewhere to better themselves. All Bennett has done is exactly what 99.9999% of people on here would do. He has had a chance at making more money playing for a team that is currently better placed. Given that a professional footballer's career is nowhere near as long as most people's and the fact that one injury can end it for good I have no complaints. I would be sorry to see him go but I cannot see why people get so upset, the bloke just wants to better himself. You can bet your bottom dollar if he was one of our lesser players doing the same thing nobody would be very bothered.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
load of rubbish, you cant blame him for wanting to be in there squad, their pushing for premier league this season, if he stays wicked - hes really important to the club

100% backing from me

and will be chanting him on tomorrow

Nobody on this thread has said he wont get more than 100% backing. The question is do you feel the same about him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here