Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you renew if Falmer is turned down ?

Would you renew if Falmer is turned down ?.

• Yes

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
Yeah you buy a season ticket and next the club has folded:lolol:
I honestly can't see the point in the club carrying on if falmer gets rejected as money will be lost big time and if we can't get falmer we can't get anywhere else its that simple.:)

Lucky not everybody feels that way. And you do seem to take a bit too much pleasure in the club's predicament Berkshire. It's one thing to decide not to go to games anymore, it's quite another to seem to be actively GLOATING over what means an awful lot to an awful lot of people. Personally, I'd lay good money there IS a Plan B even tho everybody in the club swears blue'n'white in the face that there isn't. Even if it's a crappy groundshare for the next five years, the businessmen on the board would stand accused of grave deriliction of duty if they didn't have a contingency plan. Even if it only consisted of putting in a couple of thousand extra seats at Withdean while they work out what the feck to do next. KTF.

Last edited:

Gareth Glover said:
I agree if we do not get Falmer we may as well fold as we could only ever be a div 2 side at best at Withdean.

That wouldn't really be a reason for the club to fold. If someone told me the Albion would perenially hover between the lower two divisions for the rest of my existance I'd still be quite content to continue spending most of it following them.

I wouldn't grieve if the Albion folded, what's the point? Might as well have a great big piss-up and party on the beach. But it's hypothetical anyway as we will get Falmer.

xx

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Tom Hark said:
Lucky not everybody feels that way. And you do seem to take a bit too much pleasure in the club's predicament Berkshire. It's one thing to decide not to go to games anymore, it's quite another to seem to be actively GLOATING over what means an awful lot to an awful lot of people. Personally, I'd lay good money there IS a Plan B even tho everybody in the club swears blue'n'white in the face that there isn't. Even if it's a crappy groundshare for the next five years, the businessmen on the board would stand accused of grave deriliction of duty if they didn't have a contingency plan. Even if it only consisted of putting in a couple of thousand extra seats at Withdean while they work out what the feck to do next. KTF.
If you see it as gloating then you see it that way.
the fact that i have retired is my choice for my own reasons as know i find there is more to do while on the planet earth.:drink:

Yes your right you get many fans who live for football and in this case i was the same,but know realise that paying out a bomb and losing a day is not good in my eyes.
Mind you seeing players get paid good money and give fu-ck all back to the supporters made moi realise not to mention high prices and a shite stadium.
People do grow out of there love for football its a fact and im just 1 of a few thats all.
There is many ways of looking at it and everyone is diffrent as we all no and after 16 years of following and spending my hard earned money i find going out on the piss with mates and breaks more appealing than paying £25 petrol and ticket and many beers a lot.:drink:

To think that you think i find it all amusing beggers belief:smokin:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So do you click on laughing smileys without knowing what you're doing?

Check back over your posts on this thread

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
berkshire seagull said:
Yeah you buy a season ticket and next the club has folded:lolol:

Just to help you refresh your memory

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah im addicted to smileys:rolleyes:
In a real world a club folding is all to common these days and life goes on thats for sure.

I wouldn't cry but would be very sad indeed and i shall sue prescott for lots of dosh as my tattoo is for life and he took it away.:clap: :clap:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
If you see it as gloating then you see it that way.
the fact that i have retired is my choice for my own reasons as know i find there is more to do while on the planet earth.:drink:

Yes your right you get many fans who live for football and in this case i was the same,but know realise that paying out a bomb and losing a day is not good in my eyes.
Mind you seeing players get paid good money and give fu-ck all back to the supporters made moi realise not to mention high prices and a shite stadium.
People do grow out of there love for football its a fact and im just 1 of a few thats all.
There is many ways of looking at it and everyone is diffrent as we all no and after 16 years of following and spending my hard earned money i find going out on the piss with mates and breaks more appealing than paying £25 petrol and ticket and many beers a lot.:drink:

To think that you think i find it all amusing beggers belief:smokin:

I never said that I think you find it amusing. Tho I reckon there is a deffo element of SCHADENFREUD I think it's called which is a German word (or near as I can get) that means taking pleasure in other people's misfortune. Personally I find it a bit refreshing that you act like devil's avocate on here and make people question stuff, or at least force them to justify their stance over certain issues. If nothing else it takes a bit of the flak off people like myself and Gareth Glover who get flamed by one or two apologists for mediocrity every time we happen to point out that the current team is riddled with under-performers serving out their last and overlong contracts in the professional game. Ain't got no problem with that. Keep on keeping on hombre! :clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'm hard up.

I am renewing my season ticket by my Skint credit card and will have to pay it back when I get a job after I have moved.

I will be guaranteed football next season because we still have Withdean for 2 years.

It's after that the real problems kick in :) (the smiley is for Berkshire so that he doesn't think I am sitting here with a horrendous frown on my face)

CB I am not anti humour :p

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Tom Hark said:
I never said that I think you find it amusing. Tho I reckon there is a deffo element of SCHADENFREUD I think it's called which is a German word (or near as I can get) that means taking pleasure in other people's misfortune. Personally I find it a bit refreshing that you act like devil's avocate on here and make people question stuff, or at least force them to justify their stance over certain issues. If nothing else it takes a bit of the flak off people like myself and Gareth Glover who get flamed by one or two apologists for mediocrity every time we happen to point out that the current team is riddled with under-performers serving out their last and overlong contracts in the professional game. Ain't got no problem with that. Keep on keeping on hombre! :clap:
Certainly would be a very sad man to get a buzz out of others misfortunes,but yeah you will get the ones who cry non stop and will be devasted and the ones who just plod on and live there life and thats why the confusion appears as you have the die hard and the next ones down etc.:drink:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree Tom, I am not happy to accept mediocrity like you and will question things. It keeps the manager , chairman and players on their toes.

I want BHAFC to be top of the premier league winning the league cup , fa cup and champions league every year and some people on here seem happy to be served up any old sh*t and never question things.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gareth Glover said:
I agree Tom, I am not happy to accept mediocrity like you and will question things. It keeps the manager , chairman and players on their toes.

I want BHAFC to be top of the premier league winning the league cup , fa cup and champions league every year and some people on here seem happy to be served up any old sh*t and never question things.

:clap:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:
I'm hard up.

I am renewing my season ticket by my Skint credit card and will have to pay it back when I get a job after I have moved.

I will be guaranteed football next season because we still have Withdean for 2 years.

It's after that the real problems kick in :) (the smiley is for Berkshire so that he doesn't think I am sitting here with a horrendous frown on my face)

CB I am not anti humour :p
Yeah because you are a die hard supporter and would do anything for the club,but thats where there is diffrences as football is a hobby to me and i feel that the fans are not getting there worth from the club although thats how i felt before this latest falmer blip.

You look at what the fans have had to do to keep the club alive as it neverends and once falmer is built i suggest mr knight reward these fans for all the money and hard work.:drink:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
berkshire seagull said:
Yeah because you are a die hard supporter and would do anything for the club,but thats where there is diffrences as football is a hobby to me and i feel that the fans are not getting there worth from the club although thats how i felt before this latest falmer blip.

The main reason being is that due to having been in exile and having young kids I wasn't able to do my bit when others where fighting to keep the club going.

I feel as though I have taken up the baton in a relay race. (blimey that's a bit heavy isn't it :lolol: )

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Funny thing is it wouldn't look as serious for me if i wasn't on the net.
Seen so many blips at the club everyone seems to be the same although at long last we have that big awnser coming.
If i wasn't on the net i would hardly notice as much as i would on here etc etc.
I have been pissed off many times as the supporters have done basicly everything and yet mr knight gets all the credit which makes me angry and these reasons and others have pushed me away.

Know isn't the time to discuss such things anyway so i shall button that subject.:lolol:

The day the fans get what they deserve is the day i return:blush:

The Famous Grouse

Dec 9, 2003
I dont have a season ticket, but go to near enough every game. If Falmer was rejected then I would go to saver the last moments of a great club, but hope we never have to face that. Keeping the faith!

Last edited:

Turgid

Dec 5, 2003
Wadhurst
Would I renew if Falmer was turned down? Not really the issue for me - I have now officially been priced out of buyinhg a season ticket. This season was a struggle, and took a great deal of justifying to she who must be obeyed. Can do anything before 1st March and can't afford increases after that date. Problem has therfore been solved by the Club for me.

Will probably work on a game by game basis next year - shame that my 21st year of watching The Abion will probably be my least attended season.:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here