Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you cycle to Falmer?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
No.

Firstly I earn enough to run a car.

Secondly I don't care about the enviroment.

Lastly, I can't be bothered.

If we are going for bragging right, i earn enough and have 2 cars, 3 motorcycles and a pedal cycle.
But as i only live near Ovingdean so i will walk because i need the exercise :thumbsup:

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I also earn enough and I drive a car. The purpose of cycling to Falmer has nothing to do with the environment, its to do with exercise.
if you want excercise go to a f***ing gym in the week, people complain about lack of atmosphere at football and blame a whole host of reasons, from so called plastic fans in the premiership, to the lack of terracing(this is usually from people barely old enough to remember it)but one of the main reasons is profusion of "real fans" with their flasks and bobble hats who've cycled to the ground because they want some excercise , as opposed to the bloke who has spent 2 hours in the pub beforehand having a good drink with his mates , and arrives at the ground full of good cheer and ready to scream and shout in support of his team, slag the ref and linesman, sorry 'assistant referee', and generally get behind the team. I have seen people on here posting to ask whether they are too old to do this 'raise the roof' thing, jesus f***ing wept,if contrived bollocks like that counts as 'atmosphere' at football I might as well stay in the pub.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
if you want excercise go to a f***ing gym in the week, people complain about lack of atmosphere at football and blame a whole host of reasons, from so called plastic fans in the premiership, to the lack of terracing(this is usually from people barely old enough to remember it)but one of the main reasons is profusion of "real fans" with their flasks and bobble hats who've cycled to the ground because they want some excercise , as opposed to the bloke who has spent 2 hours in the pub beforehand having a good drink with his mates , and arrives at the ground full of good cheer and ready to scream and shout in support of his team, slag the ref and linesman, sorry 'assistant referee', and generally get behind the team. I have seen people on here posting to ask whether they are too old to do this 'raise the roof' thing, jesus f***ing wept,if contrived bollocks like that counts as 'atmosphere' at football I might as well stay in the pub.

I do remember terracing and I am old enough to have been to the FA CUP final 83, and many many matches in the North Stand at the Goldstone. I remember the atmosphere, it was great whether or not you have had any pints or not.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Gonna have to start a 'mutual admiration society' soon!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
No, cyclist should be banned from using the road until they have a) passed a test so they can competently ride on the road and b) pay road tax.

f*** the environment my safety is more important!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I heard that Ernest will be cycling to Falmer:

129026155018798659.jpg

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
On nice days Jnr. and myself will drive the 65 miles to Woodingdean and park behind my old bachelor pad in Warren Road. ( Happy days). Unhitch the bikes from the back of the motor and after walking the bikes up Falmer Road mountain (cat 3 Tour de France) will coast down The Drove and padlock the bikes in the bike sheds provided.
At the end of the match we will wend our victorious way home past the stream of traffic that will stretch from the ground to the traffic lights at the Downsman. After a nice cup of tea with my niece, who now lives in my old flat, the bikes will go back on the car and we will drive back to Curdridge after the traffic has dispersed.
On wet ,windy, foggy, snowy days I think I will have to make alternative arrangements.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

What a complete load of horseshit, no make that cow shit with a few badger's droppings on top.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Good grief. Stereotyping at its best. Truth is (see various other current threads) we need all the fans we can get: bobble hatted, cycling, inebriated, but most of all ALBION fans.

Personally, I will normally get the train from Lewes ideally with time for a pint or two at the Kings Head first. However, if the weather is good I may ocassionally cycle over Kingston ridge. If the weather is cold I may bring a flask of coffee cos I know the coffee at the ground will be crap and the q long at HT. But it won't stop me yelling in support of the team and at the dubious parentage of the ref.

Vive la difference!

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here