Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you cycle to Falmer?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Its deceptively up hill going from Brighton to Falmer along Lewes Road. My cycle trip from home to work is largely taken up by this route.

I would recommend a high vis coat and helmet as you are cycling alongside a main road, used by buses and trucks

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I will - it will be under 10 minutes for me.

It's not that much uphill Brett - it is on a slope but it's nothing compared to the rest of Brighton's hills.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
f*** that, I want to know where everyone will be going for a pre-match swally when the new ground opens?

What about good hedges for a piss-stop?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As for Withdean, I will probably be driving from Surrey. Haven't really cased the set-up yet. I'll try and find somewhere to park up and walk the last bit, with an easy getaway to A27/A23 afterwards. I hope this will be possible from the Coldean/Moulsecoomb area.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Don't fancy cycling up the A303 once a fortnight,and the midweek games would wear out my dynamo.

Train for me!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As for Withdean, I will probably be driving from Surrey. Haven't really cased the set-up yet. I'll try and find somewhere to park up and walk the last bit, with an easy getaway to A27/A23 afterwards. I hope this will be possible from the Coldean/Moulsecoomb area.

Coldean's easy - no parking restrictions and easy access to the A27/A23 afterwards. It's about a mile to the ground from Coldean though.

Moulsecoomb's closer but access back to the A27 is not so straightforward, a lot of the roads are dead-ends in that part of the estate.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My reluctance to cycle there is the same as my reluctance to cycle to withdean:

1) General vandals/thiefs who know the bike owners are likely gone for two hours
2) Opposition fans taking revenge for their defeat
3) I sweat a lot when I cycle, I have to change at any destination, and I don't fancy changing outside the football ground or in the loos.
4) Having to take a my cycle helmet into the ground, either loose or in abag would annoy me.

I'll probably walk.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
No.

Firstly I earn enough to run a car.

Secondly I don't care about the enviroment.

Lastly, I can't be bothered.

Me too, passions of mine also include sitting in traffic jams and playing hunt the parking space (nb also up in Moulsecoombe, hub caps are a form of currency, 3.42=£)

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
You must be f***ing joking mate!

This is England, not China! Next you will expect the stands to be full of tossers in gimp suits from riding their bikes! :laugh:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Next you will expect the stands to be full of tossers in gimp suits from riding their bikes! :laugh:

Cycle lanes must be very different where you live. I've never seen that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here