Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you CLAP Glenn Murray tomorrow?

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Can anyone seriously imagine Liverpool fans clapping a player who'd chosen to leave them for Man Utd? Or Pompey fans applauding someone who'd quit to join Southampton? I find the idea of clapping any Palace player at a derby game utterly bizarre.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Boy's conducted himself with dignity since he left us, including his goal at this fixture last season. Can't see any reason not to acknowledge a former Albion player, especially due to the pantomime 'rivalry'. Plus he lives just down the road from me so no more likely to boo him than any of my other neighbours.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I really don't get those who want to boo Murray. Put yourself in his position. You hear the fans of the club you used to play for booing you - what do you do? Withdraw into your shell and beg to be substituted or try your heart out and try to show those fans who are booing what they are missing and score some goals? Anyone who boos Murray is a muppet.

In which case i will be a muppet. He is a professional and would be used to it and it shouldnt affect a pro footballer anyway - but its the point of it, he left to join our arch rivals so he will be booed and i probably think he would accept that.

sew109

Banned
Jan 21, 2012
Anyone who who knows Glen knows that he is a top bloke they also know that the reason he went o Palace was not solely about money the main reason was that Gus only offered him a 1 year contract and would not budge he also told him be would be playing second fiddle to CMK. Glen knows they clock is ticking and needed to take a longer contract and he has the natural desire to want to play and want to win. I would never clap or cheer another teams player (one exception was Dione Dublin when he came back from broken neck or back) but Glen does not deserved to be booed, if you are unhappy about Glen going to Palace then boo Gus.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Anyone who who knows Glen knows that he is a top bloke they also know that the reason he went o Palace was not solely about money the main reason was that Gus only offered him a 1 year contract and would not budge he also told him be would be playing second fiddle to CMK. Glen knows they clock is ticking and needed to take a longer contract and he has the natural desire to want to play and want to win. I would never clap or cheer another teams player (one exception was Dione Dublin when he came back from broken neck or back) but Glen does not deserved to be booed, if you are unhappy about Glen going to Palace then boo Gus.

This, regarding Murray.

In his late 20's with possibly not much football left, after the Amex bound Albion bizarrely didn't offer our star striker a good contract, he had to do what was best for him and his dependants.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
F me NINETY ONE posts, mainly by wind up merchants I'm sure but NONE of u have mentioned the fact he dived (CHEATED) against us at a key part in the game this season. Blacks out any 'respectful' non celebrating. Let alone he went to play for palarse after his deal expired with us. Utter c##t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here