Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you buy the new shirt ?

Will YOU buy the new shirt ?

• Yes. 6th August ... cannot wait.

Votes: 56 54.4%
  • No. I dont like the colour/collar/no badge/can't afford it.

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Depends how I feel like when i see it properly.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • Who cares ?

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I'm going to wait until I get to the club shop and see the shirt in the cold light of day.

Rumours are that the stripes don't go all the way to the bottom of the shirt, which I think will make it look a bit ridiculous when wearing it casually.

:p

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I don't really like it but I'll buy it anyway. You never know, it might grow on me. :jester:

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Turkey said:
I don't really like it but I'll buy it anyway. You never know, it might grow on me. :jester:

Won't it get too big if it grows on you?

I will get mine later in August when my birthday has arrived.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Shall seriously consider buying one as i like it and think the argy colours are fantastic,best kit for many years thats for sure.

LOVE IT :clap: :clap: :drink:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
It is shite and I will not be buying it. I can just about handle using the seagull motif instead of the club badge but to completely change the blue is not on.

I will not wear any club merchandise until this is rectified.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is sacrilege to the history to change your home colours from Dark Blue to Light Blue.

Its like Arsenal changing their home kit to Blue and White

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
I thought it looked alright yesterday, but it's still the sweaty cheap material we all know and love. I'll probably still buy it, at some point when I'm next down in Brighton, lets face it its not as bad as the TSB pink kit circa 1991.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Gareth Glover said:
It is sacrilege to the history to change your home colours from Dark Blue to Light Blue.

Its like Arsenal changing their home kit to Blue and White

Some people on here talk such a load of bollocks :angry:

How can you compare us changing the shade and tinkering with the design a little as being like Arsenal changing from red to blue :dunce:

Now here's an idea to keep all you "stuck in the past boring old farts" - lets never change anything and we can all look exactly the same for the next 20 years.

For f***s sake if it wasn't different what would be the point?

:dunce:

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
I didn't like it when I first saw it but it is a bit of a grower. If I buy it just depends on money situation.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
I havent seen it for myself yet in the club shop, but i think i'll probably be buying it! Going to look a bit naff in the stands though when half are in the royal blue and half in light blue stripes... which is a shame when we all saw how fantastic it looked in Cardiff with 30,000 fans in their "proper" stripes.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Although I accept change I think this has gone a little too far. A slight difference in the shade of blue is fine but this is a complete change and I can see why people liken it to "Arsenal changing from red to blue"...They are right.

If such a drastic shift was to be forced upon us then we should have been consulted first. I personally do not want to look like Huddersfield Town. It is ok for a club like Reading to copy QPR because they have not got the same sense of identity and style like we have.

It is a shame because if they had the proper blue then the kit would actually look really good.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Last edited:

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
Thimble Keegan said:
Although I accept change I think this has gone a little too far. A slight difference in the shade of blue is fine but this is a complete change and I can see why people liken it to "Arsenal changing from red to blue"...They are right.

If such a drastic shift was to be forced upon us then we should have been consulted first.

ffs thimble, were talking about a colour of lighter shade of blue,
stripes are still there, unlike the early 80's. its still brighton!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Brighton play in Dark Blue and White stripes not Pale Blue and white stripes. Whats so hard to understand about that. Its a complete change of playing colour.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
btw , i AM getting mine on friday :)

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
it is different but that is what is good about it. the only thing i have a gripe about not majorly mind you, is the collar. i prefer football shirts without collars but i will definately be getting mine on friday or saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here