Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you be voting on June the 4th ?

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
According to a blog written by a Green Party member in Reading ...

The Roman party Ave have no website, and just one candidate. Jean Louis Pascual, a bus driver in Reading who stands every election, no one can quite figure out why. He gets around 20 votes in council elections, and thinks that people should 'When in Rome Do as the Romans do'.

My theory is that the bloke's employer gives him time off from work when he's standing for public office.
:bowdown:

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
As it's based on proportional representation, I can see a minority party getting an MEP due to the disillusionment with the main parties

It might mean that the vote is rinsed out, but I can't see the BNP or UKIP getting a seat and it might mean that The Green Party might swing enough votes to get two seats

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
If you want an option in South East for the Euro election, there's always Dave Hilll and his NO2EU-YestoDemocracy party.

For those with long memories, he was a former Parliamentary candidate for Brighton Pavilion - against Julian Amery and a long-standing councillor. He used to be considered on the right of the Labour party and is now seen as well on the left, a sign of how much Labour has changed.

Didn't Amery spend most of his time in South Africa?

That's the problem with our system really, back in the day when Pav was a safe seat, it meant the Tories could put anyone up and win, even if they were never about. Much the same as I'm sure Lab can do in their heartlands. The lack of competition doesn't exactly breed good MP's

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Christian Party "Proclaiming Christ's Lordship"

they will be getting my vote

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Depends - last round of Euros I read all of the manifestos and didn't find one I agreed with so didn't vote. Will do the same again and see if any match up.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
No, the elections on the 5th here. Labour in Europe and an independent followed by Labour in the locals (single transferrable vote).

Must say I'm surprised Libertas have got that many candidates on the list in South East England - they only started last year as a campaign group for a No vote on the Lisbon Treaty here (which they got) and only became a political party even in Ireland a few months ago with an intent to get people on the ballot in every constituency in the EU.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here