Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you be voting on June the 4th ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Over the years fewer and fewer people have voted in all forms of elections,however with the current storm on M/P,s expenses and the continual exposure of further claims. Have you decided enough is enough and that you will vote this time ? :wave:

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Green as I always do, I don't have a clue about politics but from what friends say these are the best option.
I've heard the prime minister will be THE INCREDIBLE HULK.:bigwave:

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I have always voted at every election, local, national & European. Always for one of the major parties.

I'm voting GREEN on June 4

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I have not regesterd quikly enough so i cant vote. I would have voted Tory.

But I will for the Gerneral election. i will vote Tory.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I usually vote Labour, but I'm pissed off with them at the moment although if there was a general election, I'd vote to keep Celia Barlow in as she's an excellent MP.

I'd never vote Tory as they're more slimy that the current government and can't be trusted with a china shop, let alone the country and they're already once again ruining Brighton & Hove after being the controlling party on the council for the last couple of years. Plus it was them who ruined the Albion in the 90's by letting Archer, Stanley & Bellotti get away with selling the Goldstone by giving planning permission for the retail park to be built.

I'd never vote Lib Dem after what happened with Bellotti & Baker.

The Greens are just a pain in the arse who don't have a serious policy.

UKIP are the Tories from 15 years ago.

The BNP are w*nkers.

So my vote is going to the English Democrats!!!

I'd say to anyone who is thinking they don't want to vote because they can't be arsed to NOT waste your vote...Even if you don't agree with my views and you vote for the BNP or the Communist Party you should never forget that you can still vote and you're free to do so...there are people around the world who will never get the right to vote in a democracy so don't waste your right.

If you want to protest about the expenses fiasco, then vote for a non-mainstream party as I'm going to do...You never know, you may find that others agree with you and the top three parties may get the shock that they need.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've always voted and always will. People fought for centuries for that right and it shouldn't be tossed away like an ill-considered trifle.

I haven't decided who I'll vote for but it won't be Labour or Conservative and it certainly won't be the BNP or UKIP.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i have lost all respect for the whole system,not just those whom have stolen lied and cheated us out of money,but those that have for years and years basicly turned a blind eye to thier chums ill gotten gain,and to me makes each and every one of them no better than those whom they have covered for,so no i will not vote again until each and every one of these scumbags because thats what they are ,are sacked at the very least

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
i will not vote again until each and every one of these scumbags because thats what they are ,are sacked at the very least

What you're saying is then, you'll let someone else do the work in getting rid of the shower we've got at the moment because you can't be bothered?

Surely the only way to do this is to USE your vote - not WASTE it?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yes, will probably vote Lib Dems in the locals just to try and get the Tories out, they are doing their level best to screw the city up...as for the Euros, probably going to go Green for the first time ever, don't think that party politics are quite as important in Europe but it is a far better stage for getting environmental legislation passed, all the better if we have people there with a genuine interest in doing so...rather than the mainstream parties who attempt it in a bit of a half-arsed manner to try and win votes.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Just out of curiosity Why?

Fair enough question.

First thing is, i really think its time for a change of Government. Brown should have called an election straight away, and he would have won.

Second, everytime (well, most of the time) a Labour Government gets in power, the country ends up bankrupt. The was a time in the 70's when the military was going to have a coup just to get them out of power. im not sugesting that they are 'delibretly bad', but they seem to go wrong, like most Governments, the longer they get in power.

Third, I beleve in the indervidual and the freedoms of that person. Labour are slowly erading those rights. Also, i beleve in the free-market, but although not knowing alot about it, do understand that it can cause massive problems. See famine in India during the empire and the Potaoe famine in Ireland.

I dont like strong Unions. I beleave they should excist, but they have been known to be to strong and a 'tradisional Labour Government' will support such things.

I heard David Millabnd say that if he was PM, he would have never faught the falklands war and would have given the Islands to the Argeys. What ever your view on War and the way the War went, in a simplistic avarage voter way, i beleave the liberation was the correct things to do.

Im a moderate. I have libral views and some things, and right wing views on others. I beleave, as i have said, that i beleave in the rights of the indervidual (liberal) but think we need to stop 300,000 (officail figurs) people moving into the country a year. I should be around 50,000.

I dont like Gordon Brown. The Labour Party has lied and they don't stick tho there manafesto.

I dont think its fair for rich people to pay a higher % of tax than anyone else. They do already. They spend more and they eran more.

The Greens only have one policy. I donbt beleave in man made Globeal warming, although i do beleave in natual Global warming, and whole hartedly belave we should use recycaled goods and renewable enargy where pos. Hopefulf 100%. But there are 'more' important things to worrys about.

BNP - nuff said

Lib dems - :laugh::lolol::laugh: But i bealeave they want higher tax. I dont.

All in all though. Im a democrat - so who ever the magority wants in i will acept.

*views are mine only and not nesaseraly of the Tory party*

*spelling???? PAH!!!*

*sorry to Lib dems for the cheep laugh!

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
Over here in Rural East Sussex I thinks I'll vote but I Don't know who for. i thinks I'll close my eyes and in which box my pencil lands I'll put a cross. That's how we does it here.

Last edited:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I'd say to anyone who is thinking they don't want to vote because they can't be arsed to NOT waste your vote...Even if you don't agree with my views and you vote for the BNP or the Communist Party you should never forget that you can still vote and you're free to do so...there are people around the world who will never get the right to vote in a democracy so don't waste your right.

If you want to protest about the expenses fiasco, then vote for a non-mainstream party as I'm going to do...You never know, you may find that others agree with you and the top three parties may get the shock that they need.

Agreed.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I always have voted and always will do - if you don't vote you can't complain about who gets in.
I will probably be voting UKIP or English Democrats.
Round here - Reigate and Banstead - you could put a donkey up and it would get in as long as it had a blue rosette pinned to it. In fact for years we HAD a donkey called George Gardiner !!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I always have voted and always will do - if you don't vote you can't complain about who gets in.
I will probably be voting UKIP or English Democrats.
Round here - Reigate and Banstead - you could put a donkey up and it would get in as long as it had a blue rosette pinned to it. In fact for years we HAD a donkey called George Gardiner !!

That is funny, we used to say the very same thing in Storrington, except that we used the term monkey...we ended up with MPs like Richard Luce and Francis Maude...nuff said!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
What you're saying is then, you'll let someone else do the work in getting rid of the shower we've got at the moment because you can't be bothered?

Surely the only way to do this is to USE your vote - not WASTE it?

then tell me who i should vote for as it seems your telling me i should vote.

What im saying is if these goings on where common knowledge throughout the whole system of british parliment whom can i put my trust in.

as stated due to the thread starters question no i wont,does that make it easier rather than me actually giving my point of view why i wont

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here