Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you be booing Potter and Chelsea on Saturday?

Will you be booing Potter and/or Chelsea

• Total voters

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
How many PL clubs have vacancies for ‘director of football’ roles at present ?
Ok, lets put it another way, Chelsea could go for anyone in the world to fill their vacant role. Yet they are coming for someone employed by us.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ok, lets put it another way, Chelsea could go for anyone in the world to fill their vacant role. Yet they are coming for someone employed by us.
Do you honestly believe Todd Boehly or GP is looking to destroy Brighton ? Or just wants people who are deemed to be one of the best at their jobs and know the league / markets.

Like I say - we could have promoted Winstanley to be our DoF or Assistant DoF this year - and chose not to. So don’t be upset if staff seek jobs elsewhere

Unfortunately we’ve done really well and when you have some of the very best people in the division don’t be surprised when they get headhunted. Much like the real world

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you honestly believe Todd Boehly or GP is looking to destroy Brighton ? Or just wants people who are deemed to be one of the best at their jobs and know the league / markets.

Like I say - we could have promoted Winstanley to be our DoF or Assistant DoF this year - and chose not to. So don’t be upset if staff seek jobs elsewhere
I think you ARE the kind of guy mentioned earlier in the thread who'd sit down and have a matey chat over a cuppa in the kitchen with the guy you had just caught in bed with your wife. Your passion, certainly on the Albion front, doesn't seem to run very deep :shrug:

That may not be a fault btw.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think you ARE the kind of guy mentioned earlier in the thread who'd sit down and have a matey chat over a cuppa in the kitchen with the guy you had just caught in bed with your wife. Your passions, certainly on the Albion front, don't seem to run very deep :shrug:
No i’m just a realist rather than have some small mentality that unfortunately people have moved on to ‘better opportunities’

I’m not going to get angry about someone leaving who most people don’t even know what he looks like 🤷🏻‍♂️

But if lots of middle aged men want to get angry and shout things and act all bitter that’s up to them. If we are getting personal you sound like an old man acting like a stroppy teenager who lacks emotional control.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No i’m just a realist rather than have some small mentality that unfortunately people have moved on to ‘better opportunities’

I’m not going to get angry about someone leaving who most people don’t even know what he looks like 🤷🏻‍♂️

But if lots of middle aged men want to get angry and shout things and act all bitter that’s up to them. If we are getting personal you sound like an old man acting like a stroppy teenager who lacks emotional control.
and some OLD men too, not just the middle aged :smile:

Get as personal as you like :shrug:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think you ARE the kind of guy mentioned earlier in the thread who'd sit down and have a matey chat over a cuppa in the kitchen with the guy you had just caught in bed with your wife. Your passion, certainly on the Albion front, doesn't seem to run very deep :shrug:

That may not be a fault btw.
Nothing to do with passion though is it. If you were passionate about the Albion, you'd be focussing all your energy and emotion on them on Saturday, our new manager and his team, not the opposition.

What you are describing is you have remarried and end up a party and your ex-wife there, but rather than enjoy the party with your current wife, all you do is concentrate on your ex.

Real passion on Saturday would be the ability to focus on our team, our manager and our players.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Nothing to do with passion though is it. If you were passionate about the Albion, you'd be focussing all your energy and emotion on them on Saturday, our new manager and his team, not the opposition.

What you are describing is you have remarried and end up a party and your ex-wife there, but rather than enjoy the party with your current wife, all you do is concentrate on your ex.

Real passion on Saturday would be the ability to focus on our team, our manager and our players.
Sussed, I have zero passion for the Albion, and I do not have the ability or emotional intelligence to brush off being shat on :shrug:

I can live with that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sussed, I have zero passion for the Albion, and I do not have the ability or emotional intelligence to brush off being shat on :shrug:

I can live with that.
Icy, I've often agreed with you, you backed Potter all the way, but I honestly don't get how feeling sorry for ourselves and angry does anything for our team on Saturday? It might make supporters feel better being able to vent their anger, but that will be for their benefit, not really the team.

They will need unwavering support even if the game starts going against them. The biggest FU we can achieve on Saturday is a win. I honestly don't think turning on Potter and the Chelsea bench helps us achieve that in anyway.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

It is possible to give Potter some stick and back the team on Saturday, those two expressions of passion are not mutually exclusive. I'll be doing both.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It is possible to give Potter some stick and back the team on Saturday, those two expressions of passion are not mutually exclusive. I'll be doing both.
Quite

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m looking forward to the threads on Saturday evening when Potter has got stick all game, Chelsea win 2-0 and Potter gives it large back at the fans at final whistle. Few people might combust

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Icy, I've often agreed with you, you backed Potter all the way, but I honestly don't get how feeling sorry for ourselves and angry does anything for our team on Saturday? It might make supporters feel better being able to vent their anger, but that will be for their benefit, not really the team.

They will need unwavering support even if the game starts going against them. The biggest FU we can achieve on Saturday is a win. I honestly don't think turning on Potter and the Chelsea bench helps us achieve that in anyway.
Angry and feeling sorry for myself, no. Disappointed, annoyed and fully behind De Zerbi and the Albion, yes. I just feel Potter should be left in no doubt that we (well me and some others) think he shat on us and Tony Bloom and should be made very aware of it. :shrug:

Those that want to clap and bow down to him should do it too.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I’m looking forward to the threads on Saturday evening when Potter has got stick all game, Chelsea win 2-0 and Potter gives it large back at the fans at final whistle.
I'd expect nothing less from him, so it wouldn't be a surprise in any way

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It is a good way of keeping the up-and-coming clubs 'in their place' though isn't it. Southampton started becoming established and top 10 material - they were then destabilised by Liverpool taking much of what got them there - and I'm sure there are other examples.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
I think we are winding ourselves up necessarily here! I have been a huge GP fan throughout his tenure; loved him, his methods, his persona and ultimately his performance. Always grateful. However, I will join in the panto of it all.. part of what "we" fans do every week .. If anything it will heighten the support for the team : it really is true pantomime. Will GP feel "disrespected" or hard-done by - of course not. He will remember the reaction to the Leicester win. He knows we are just bitter.. He will be delighted if they win, will clap all four corners of the ground regardless and that will be that.. he will get applause back from some and two fingers from others. If we win, he will get more applause and less two fingers, if we lose, the reverse. It's all ok... same with Cucurella, Ben White, Bissouma, Murray, Barnes etc. etc. Each to their own, and as childsih and unnecessary as all emotional fan reaction is - its the only place in modern life that I can act that way and I love it! If I saw him in the street, I would shake his hand, thank him and wish him well. But from the stands.. he wouldn't expect anything different.. he doesn't owe me anything, and I don't owe him anything.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But what if shortly after the breakup, your ex-wife had come back and nicked most of the furniture, the TV, the carpets, the fridge, the cooker, your favourite jacket, the taps, the cat, and all the food in the cupboards. Then at the party, she comes over, snatches the Prosecco from your wifes hand, downs it in one, shrugs and says "it is what it is".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here