Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you be booing Potter and Chelsea on Saturday?

Will you be booing Potter and/or Chelsea

• Total voters

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Ok, lets put it another way, Chelsea could go for anyone in the world to fill their vacant role. Yet they are coming for someone employed by us.
Indeed. It's amazing how many people are overlooking that critical point whilst asserting that their response will be polite applause.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
But what if shortly after the breakup, your ex-wife had come back and nicked most of the furniture, the TV, the carpets, the fridge, the cooker, your favourite jacket, the taps, the cat, and all the food in the cupboards. Then at the party, she comes over, snatches the Prosecco from your wifes hand, downs it in one, shrugs and says "it is what it is".
Beautiful analogy! You only missed off dropped a turd on the mantle piece!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It is a good way of keeping the up-and-coming clubs 'in their place' though isn't it. Southampton started becoming established and top 10 material - they were then destabilised by Liverpool taking much of what got them there - and I'm sure there are other examples.
Don't think Liverpool signed a lot of Southampton folks in order to fend off the threat of a Southampton PL title challenge... probably more a case of "ok, here's a lot of competence, lets buy it", kind of like with Chelsea and Brighton.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Don't think Liverpool signed a lot of Southampton folks in order to fend off the threat of a Southampton PL title challenge... probably more a case of "ok, here's a lot of competence, lets buy it", kind of like with Chelsea and Brighton.
Comes to pretty much the same thing though. Best way to damage your rivals or up-and-coming rivals is to denude them.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But what if shortly after the breakup, your ex-wife had come back and nicked most of the furniture, the TV, the carpets, the fridge, the cooker, your favourite jacket, the taps, the cat, and all the food in the cupboards. Then at the party, she comes over, snatches the Prosecco from your wifes hand, downs it in one, shrugs and says "it is what it is".
But I've just remarried and my lovely new wife bought along her furniture, TV, fridge, cooker, a new jacket, a new cat, and a full shop. At the party my new wife, who I have to say is more attractive, had already spat in the glass of Prosecco that ex-wife just downs...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But I've just remarried and my lovely new wife bought along her furniture, TV, fridge, cooker, a new jacket, a new cat, and a full shop. At the party my new wife, who I have to say is more attractive, had already spat in the glass of Prosecco that ex-wife just downs...
You are clearly a gold digger who has found a richer than you new wife, the fact that she spat in your Prosecco should be a worry too :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The guy comes armed with a mediocre polytechnic-level degree in 'Emotional Intelligence'. Who knew that was even a thing? Maybe the Media Studies course was over-subscribed. Oh well. Either way, dont bode too well that that facade crumbled under a few boos that one time. The worst/best is yet to come. Saturday will only be a taster :lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And your new wife has only just moved in, and so far, despite 5 of 6 opportunities, you've not yet had the satisfaction of a shag. Its still early days, and not yet entirely clear if its all going to work out as well as it had been with your ex. Then there's the fact that since leaving you for her new rich american lover, your ex has had a complete makeover, gets to travel all around Europe, and seemingly everyone loves her and thinks she's really clever and stuff.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Will be interested to see what happens if only a few give him shit and then he cups his ear to suggest a lack of atmosphere as a response

Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It is a good way of keeping the up-and-coming clubs 'in their place' though isn't it. Southampton started becoming established and top 10 material - they were then destabilised by Liverpool taking much of what got them there - and I'm sure there are other examples.

Since Saints got promoted 10 years ago they have sold at least 14 players who played Champions League football with their new club, along with the likes of Bale and Walcott from their previous spell in the top flight. Six of those were with Liverpool. Southampton have played zero Champions League games in that time. It must get frustrating

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And your new wife has only just moved in, and so far, despite 5 of 6 opportunities, you've not yet had the satisfaction of a shag. Its still early days, and not yet entirely clear if its all going to work out as well as it had been with your ex. Then there's the fact that since leaving you for her new rich american lover, your ex has had a complete makeover, gets to travel all around Europe, and seemingly everyone loves her and thinks she's really clever and stuff.

This is heading for a threesome with the ex and current wife isn't it? Or keys in a bowl...

Not sure what the football equivalent is.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I won’t be there on Saturday, but for all the booing I hope there will be an equal measure of songs in support of De Zerbi. That’d show Potter that De Zerbi has done in 2 months what he somewhat failed to in 3 years - gain the affection of the fans.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I won’t be there on Saturday, but for all the booing I hope there will be an equal measure of songs in support of De Zerbi. That’d show Potter that De Zerbi has done in 2 months what he somewhat failed to in 3 years - gain the affection of the fans.
Indeed, Potter infamously dug out the Brighton fans twice never a good thing to do from a manager. It’s to easy and lame IMO for anyone connected to the Albion to reference Gillingham/Withdean when things aren’t going well on the pitch.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
No booing from me, just cheering on the Albion. Is GP really that much of a loss? Some of the football under him was absolutely turgid, we had some dreadful runs of not winning / scoring, his reign has got a gloss on it following a good end to last and a good start to this season. Also we need to remember himself and the backroom team are employees not supporters and off course they are going to leave when a bigger club comes calling. As galling as it was to lose the backroom team what's to say RZB would've retained them? Most managers come with their own backroom team so yeah they could've shown some loyalty and stayed only to be sacked days later. It's football, the big teams take from the smaller teams, it's always happened and always will.
Potter had Brighton playing like Man City with 20% of the budget. He’s a huge loss. Fully expected him to go, but, as I and others have said, the TIMING of his departure stank. That’s my beef and it’s mostly with Boehly and Chelsea AND, to Atilla’s missive, everything they stand for.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I’m looking forward to the threads on Saturday evening when Potter has got stick all game, Chelsea win 2-0 and Potter gives it large back at the fans at final whistle. Few people might combust
Let’s be honest, none of this is particularly important whatever way it goes. But…….it would be good fun to hear GP trot out the usual lines about ‘learning’ and ‘moving on’ having been beaten by a couple of goals, and having got dogs abuse all game long and compounding it by having a little whine again. The world would seem a little fairer if only for a few minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here