Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we sort out the 'lack of creativity' problem?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
and what the f*** was hart even doing on the pitch, waste.

I thought the same (just as most of the Brighton fans probably did also, those that didn't, idiots :lol:). Perhaps Forster did need to come off for some reason, but I would of even preferred Loft to come on up front!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Totally clueless going forward again today, in stark contrast to excellent defensive work. In fact, that first half was as bad, if not worse, than the home games against Bristol and Orient from an attacking perspective. Cox - off the pace in every game so far, M.C Leod - injured, Anyinsah - suspended, all central players - unable to pass forwards.

Seems to me like we've got a defence and strikeforce ready to go up, but a midfield that's dragging us into mid table at best. One thing's for sure, we won't threaten the play-offs with the jokers currently in the middle because we simply will not provide Forster and Murray with service anywhere close to what they deserve.

Excellent analysis IMHO.

With the best will in the world, there's a limit to how many times folk will shell out twenty five notes for that same old brainless crap. and high time people stopped being blase about making the play-offs, cos there's scant evidence so far that the Albion are anywhere near being a play-off team.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Micky's keep the shirt policy has basically gone out the window.

If he really is a believer in this then Hawkins should not be playing and Thomson should not be playing.

To think he left out Loft again and Lynch is a complete joke.

Could you just explain to me your defintion of 'keep the shirt policy?'

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
3 centre-backs (El-abd, Lynch,Elphick),
2 defensive midfelders (Livermore, Virgo),
1 attacking midfieder (cox),
2 wingers (McCleod,Anyinsah)
2 forwards, (Murray,Forster).

Would this be the solution to Albions complete lack of creativity?

Its plain obvious Cox is clueless when it comes to crossing but he does always look hungry for the ball!, does Attacking midfield sound more like Cox's natural position? Attack mid will enable him to be in alot more shooting oppurtunites (which is one of his main strengths) as well as giving the midfield a good blend of defensive and attacking players rather than the same old nose bleed in the final third. We will see wingers pushed up more recieving balls played from Cox rather than a Richards/Whing '50 yard hope for the best' ball, and best of all, we will see crosses played into Murray instead of him chasing 'over the top clueless' through balls. Forster and cox will be finding positions for Murray to target if not the goal and our goal ration will greatley improve!
What do you think, Brighton 2-1 Man City?

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
Yeah I agree, but he dominated a game. None of the current midfield do. Carpenter couldn't cut a team open with an incisive pass or through ball, but he did ensure we at least kept the ball. He would also give the ball to the right players. We've just got noone at the moment who can do anything in midfield. I'd quite happily see every midfielder at the club sold/released and replaced with new ones.

yes i agree with that........carpenter in his prime was a CLASS act

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Chippy was a beast. A natural midfielder and a driving force, always picked the right pass. Our team is crying out like a newly born baby for someone like him.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008

Would this be the solution to Albions complete lack of creativity?

Its plain obvious Cox is clueless when it comes to crossing but he does always look hungry for the ball!, does Attacking midfield sound more like Cox's natural position? Attack mid will enable him to be in alot more shooting oppurtunites (which is one of his main strengths) as well as giving the midfield a good blend of defensive and attacking players rather than the same old nose bleed in the final third. We will see wingers pushed up more recieving balls played from Cox rather than a Richards/Whing '50 yard hope for the best' ball, and best of all, we will see crosses played into Murray instead of him chasing 'over the top clueless' through balls. Forster and cox will be finding positions for Murray to target if not the goal and our goal ration will greatley improve!
What do you think, Brighton 2-1 Man City?

Not sure that the 3-5-2 combination works at this level, but I agree that Cox looks much more dangerous as an attacking central midfielder just behind the front two. It was very noticeable that he contributed f*ck all at Southend in the first half, but once he was given a more central role he caused real problems (albeit with more space given their 10 men). Crap though he was yesterday, he may still be the answer to our lack of creativity if sensibly deployed.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Not sure that the 3-5-2 combination works at this level, but I agree that Cox looks much more dangerous as an attacking central midfielder just behind the front two. It was very noticeable that he contributed f*ck all at Southend in the first half, but once he was given a more central role he caused real problems (albeit with more space given their 10 men). Crap though he was yesterday, he may still be the answer to our lack of creativity if sensibly deployed.

It worked when were losing against Orient and Cheltenham last season at home?

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Could you just explain to me your defintion of 'keep the shirt policy?'

Explain?

Firstly the Northampton game for example: Micky made it plain obvious that he had dropped certain players due to them thinking they have an automatic start each game. These were Elphick and Cox. Admittedly Cox came on and was meant to have had a good game but Lynch meant to have played class...

Then somehow he can replace Lynch, who had played well and put back Elphick.
Keep the shirt policy generally means if you are playing well you keep the shirt, otherwise you will be dropped. So..

1) Lynch should be starting

2) Loft should have been given some sort of part in the game against Scunthorpe

3) Thomson should not be playing

4) Cox should not be playing, however he is probably only playing because of injuries to Mcleod and Robinson

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton

How about...

Whing Elphick Hawkins/El-Abd Lynch

Robinson Virgo Mcleod