Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will we have another lockdown ?

further lockdown ?

• No. Boris is a man of his word and we're free again.

Votes: 36 10.5%
  • Localised restrictions/lockdowns

Votes: 59 17.3%
  • National restrictions falling short of a lockdown

Votes: 105 30.7%
  • Yes, the Bullingdon Buffoon has screwed up again and we're in for another full national lockdown.

Votes: 142 41.5%

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No Lockdown as such (April/May 2020 or Jan/Feb 2021). Experts from both sides of the debate have called these last few months - living under some/reduced restrictions.

But a resumption of some restrictions if a highly transmissable new strain hits these shores.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Very strange , was told i had already voted ? i have only just logged in ? . Anyway can see local restrictions but not full lockdown , i think Boris is using this to force the hand of the No Vaxer`s given that they will have limited access to Pubs Restaurants etc . Plus maybe he has been told by his experts that the " Herd mentality " is the way to go now ? .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Some restrictions back on in 2 - 3 weeks, from here who knows. There isn't really a proper plan apart from the vaccine.

The only way is really get FREEDOM from his responsibilities is get back on the Telegraph payroll, it might be a good move

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's inevitable they'll be another lockdown.
It'll be whether some of the UK population will follow the advice given out by Chris Witty etc....
Mask wearing has become an artwork these days, whether it's hanging from your ears, chins, or even interior car mirror, by those fvckwits who haven't a clue.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I think some form of lockdown will happen again this winter when it looks likely the NHS will not be able to cope again. I also feel a new variant will be around that corner that makes the vaccine null and void and we start back at square one.

There was research out of Uni of Cambridge a few weeks back basically said that such a variant would be so extreme that it would not be viable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Boris will announce an under 30 variant to try to get the youth vaccinated. The variant makes botox lips and tattoos melt.

I would love a full lockdown for anyone who cant prove they have been vaccinated.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Pound taking a hammering today and big equities sell off esp in UK banks, airlines and hospitality shares. Choppy waters ahead getting priced in

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Anti lockdown protestors, protesting… the end of the lockdown?

No I don’t get it either. Anyone know what this is about?

[tweet]1417077491081023501[/tweet]

They seem like a new strain of human we have developed in the last few months.

Looks like the kids in that video finally got their request to go to the zoo.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Potentially some local restrictions over the next few weeks, but not after that as the vaccine takes full effect and we learn to live with the 'new' illness.

larus

Boris will announce an under 30 variant to try to get the youth vaccinated. The variant makes botox lips and tattoos melt.

I would love a full lockdown for anyone who cant prove they have been vaccinated.

I won’t get the vaccine. My body - my choice. I am fit and have a healthy lifestyle. I am not concerned about catching covid. I’m not anti-vax, I’m anti THIS vaccine. Vaccines takes years to develop and run trials on. This has been rushed through and is a totally new method (altering RNA). I’m happy that my immune system will work better than a vaccine, which you will constantly need boosters for.

However, I would like NHS to charge people who abuse their bodies by drink, drugs, smoking and excess/junk food. Maybe boot-camps for the slobs to get them fit and learning how to eat a healthy diet so they aren’t a drain the NHS, after all, we must protect the NHS. Can’t be selective in how we protect it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Johnson will not want to announce a national lockdown in the future, so for England in about 5 weeks time when the infection rate has gone well past 100,000 a day and with the NHS closing it doors to everything other than covid, Johnson will announce that unfortunately that local restrictions will need to be reinstated (in the next 14 days, as he can't do anything other than dither), so category 4 for all of England other than the Scilly Isles, Chequers and Downing Street. All countries will be placed on the red list other than Mustique which will remain green, until Johnson returns from his freebie holiday.

But the roadmap remains irreversible

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I won’t get the vaccine. My body - my choice. I am fit and have a healthy lifestyle. I am not concerned about catching covid. I’m not anti-vax, I’m anti THIS vaccine. Vaccines takes years to develop and run trials on. This has been rushed through and is a totally new method (altering RNA). I’m happy that my immune system will work better than a vaccine, which you will constantly need boosters for.

However, I would like NHS to charge people who abuse their bodies by drink, drugs, smoking and excess/junk food. Maybe boot-camps for the slobs to get them fit and learning how to eat a healthy diet so they aren’t a drain the NHS, after all, we must protect the NHS. Can’t be selective in how we protect it.

So if you contracted COVID or Long COVID and it could be proven that the vaccine would have prevented it. Would you be happy to pay for all of your treatment?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

I like the way you seek to judge other people's choices while proudly displaying your refusal to do something almost everyone else regards as being the sensible thing to do. I'm not criticising your choice if it's yours, I am saying those in glass houses ought to be more careful throwing rocks about.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Without a doubt there will be at the least some form of restrictions again, bumble**** has got it wrong repeatedly, coupled with his governments rank hypocrisy, we're at the point now where the vast majority of people don't believe a word he says and will ignore what they're being told . . . coupled with the Great British common sense as soon as the sun comes out.

Doesn't matter which way he goes, before lifting the restrictions the greater majority wanted that, now infections are back on the rise the same majority now sqwaking on about another lockdown. Even captain hindsight Starmer has switched sides again trophy hunting. Maybe a universal pool of all major parties should make the decision but I don't think they would step up and would rather bicker on the sidelines like some on here.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
To be fair I don't think Boris ever said there won't be another one , what is astounding is that as numbers rise rapidly the doors are being opened wider to facilitate the spread. Yes deaths are at a lower level but hospitalisations are increasing at a rapid rate and so are the predictions regards long Covid.

I'm sorry - he most certainly did. In one of his briefings on the BBC he described the steps on the road map as "irreversible".

Now we know that Boris is a deceitful lying oaf....so I wouldn't be backing against him re-writing history and claiming he never described the road map as "irreversible"?

Can't you hear him now screaming "FAKE NEWS"?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
We'll see restrictions again, I have no doubt. Lifting the mandatory use of face masks is a step too far and by the end of the month we'll be seeing soaring case numbers. We've gone over 50k per day *with* face masks mandatory, it won't take long for the case numbers to ramp up rapidly now they aren't. On top of that, removing all restrictions now also creates the conditions for other non-Covid infections to begin spreading again at the same time as we're seeing sharply rising Covid case numbers. Flu and respiratory syncytial virus are both expected to surge with restrictions removed. And that's ignoring other non-respiratory diseases that could surge along with increased mixing (there was a case of scarlet fever in my sons school recently, for example).

Even with the day 1 non-mask wearers so far appearing to be in the minority, the simple fact is there will be enough of them out and about (a good chunk of them possibly also unvaccinated and untested) breathing out into the air the rest of us breath in (even through masks - never forget the point of masks is to capture the exhaled droplets, and while they do help reduce inhalation they don't stop it completely).

Went grocery shopping in Tesco Uckfield at lunch time. Was happy to see that he vast majority are still wearing masks. But disappointed to see how many weren't, including one member of staff. It's that latter that worries me the most - those who are on the fence about wearing or not wearing may be emboldened to not wear if they see shop staff not wearing.

What worries me at the moment is the number of infectious disease experts coming out saying that what our government has done today is to create the ideal circumstances for the virus to mutate and escape the vaccine.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Oh boy!!

Let me try to help.

Do you think that countries investing BILLIONS into covid vaccine research and scientists in labs all over the world directing their attention to just one thing, finding a vaccine and then factories diverting all their production into producing the vaccine could possibly, just maybe, have been why the vaccines were available so quickly?

Give it some thought.

Then go get your vaccine.

larus

I like the way you seek to judge other people's choices while proudly displaying your refusal to do something almost everyone else regards as being the sensible thing to do. I'm not criticising your choice if it's yours, I am saying those in glass houses ought to be more careful throwing rocks about.

What about the original poster saying he wanted those not vaccinated to be in lockdown?

It’s that attitude which pisses people off. I respect others lifestyle choice - they should respect mine. If people want a vaccine to protect themself as they are worried about Covid, it’s their choice. But to expect other to be vaccinated to protect you is wrong.

Also, I am very sceptical about the true scale of covid deaths. The current method of reporting deaths is “If someone has tested positive for covid within the last 28 days”. What does that really mean?
If someone had terminal lung cancer, would you class that as a covid death?

I remember Chris Whitty saying in the early days (paraphrasing here).
Most people won’t catch covid.
Of those who catch it, most won’t know they have it.
Of those who know they have it, most cases will be mild.
Of those where it’s not, most won’t need to go to hospital.
Of those that do, most most need ICU.
Of those which do, most will survive.

Once we get true meaningful statistics of what type of people are getting seriously ill/dying (%’s), then I will choose to remain sceptical.

Also, just because number are increasing now, the average deaths are still staying low. More testing = more positives, but how many would not have been tested in the past but were also positive.
Stats can be used to control the narrative.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here