Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will we have another lockdown ?

further lockdown ?

• No. Boris is a man of his word and we're free again.

Votes: 36 10.5%
  • Localised restrictions/lockdowns

Votes: 59 17.3%
  • National restrictions falling short of a lockdown

Votes: 105 30.7%
  • Yes, the Bullingdon Buffoon has screwed up again and we're in for another full national lockdown.

Votes: 142 41.5%

• Total voters

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
ring a ding dong , social awareness , broad scale internet acces , wholesale access to information as to what the ruling class is up to .......covid is a tool to put us back in our box and accept control ....some will think im insane , some are with me .......if the planet felt it was under threat it would have done this 20,000 years ago , this isn't the planet , this is big business crunching down on the dumb ****s and christ knows there's enough of them ...! you'll know you're in the shit when your mobile stops working and your internet gets cut off ....until then carry on and keep saving up the blue ones ....:wink:

this vaccine , that vaccine , oh hold on ....this vaccine , oh dear it's made you poorly but we're indemnified....sorry , ah hold on one more ..!:angel::angel: :mad::clap2:

Nurse ! Nurse !

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
ring a ding dong , social awareness , broad scale internet acces , wholesale access to information as to what the ruling class is up to .......covid is a tool to put us back in our box and accept control ....some will think im insane , some are with me .......if the planet felt it was under threat it would have done this 20,000 years ago , this isn't the planet , this is big business crunching down on the dumb ****s and christ knows there's enough of them ...! you'll know you're in the shit when your mobile stops working and your internet gets cut off ....until then carry on and keep saving up the blue ones ....:wink:

this vaccine , that vaccine , oh hold on ....this vaccine , oh dear it's made you poorly but we're indemnified....sorry , ah hold on one more

"Parklife"

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

this vaccine , that vaccine , oh hold on ....this vaccine , oh dear it's made you poorly but we're indemnified....sorry , ah hold on one more ..!:angel::angel: :mad::clap2:

That concludes the first half of the Debating Society annual face off - unusual to have a demonstration rather than a debate but I like the originality. Coming up next, Hayley will give a counter argument by explaining why eugenics are a BAD thing.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Bit late for that. I think we moved into Miracle worker territory long ago :wink:

so you think the ruling classes particularly in our respective countries are up to the job , America (dumbest of the lot )
, China (why would you give a shit , you're on the other side of the world) ...?? ......there has always got to be something for the uber rich to get their teeth into , some of them are bunging 180 million dollar craft into space for 3 hours ffs while millions on dear old planet earth are locked indoors indefinitely , 3 or 4 more weeks and it'll be you , let's talk then eh..??...:lolol: :lolol: nurse , nurse indeed...!!

he who laughs last ...:mad::drink:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Not sure they need a virus to control us. They have people voting for them anyway. Seemed a lie on the side of a bus and a poster of some brown people on a beach did the job just fine :)

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Interestingly enough, the most recent Friday Bulletin includes a section looking at some data and investigation results from VAERS in relation to reported adverse events of myocarditis and pericarditis (both conditions affecting the heart). The results clearly show that the benefits of the vaccine in preventing ICU admission far outweigh any risk of adverse reaction to the vaccine.

Yes I did also read that of the people who had the heart conditions, most were treated and made a full recovery.
It would be interesting to see a study between people who had heart problems from the vaccine and people of the same age group who had covid and compare the mortality rates and long term effects of both conditions.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
The worry I have with the Wuhan lab theory is if it escaped from there ,than are we potentially being jabbed with the genetic code of a bio weapon?
Would there be a difference in a vaccine for a bio weapon and a vaccine for a virus from nature?

Can someone with knowledge of vaccines etc
please answer/debunk my worries on this please.
This is a genuine question not an attempt at starting a conspiracy theory so anyone reading this casually please know that I have no evidence for this it's just a thought that popped in my head and you are not to use my thoughts in any desicion when deciding about the vaccine you need to get proper evidence ok.
But I'm hoping this will be debunked anyway.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Is there also any data anywhere about people who have been admitted to hospital from vaccine related causes or indeed as another poster said died with the vaccine?
So died of something else but not long after the vaccine.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
There is an interesting article here too about vaccine concerns from an oncologist vaccine expert that is worth a read, especially as the cases are going up.

Edit-sorry the link won't work but it's in the daily mail called things young people need to know about the vaccine by Angus dalgliesh.

Last edited:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
The worry I have with the Wuhan lab theory is if it escaped from there ,than are we potentially being jabbed with the genetic code of a bio weapon?
Would there be a difference in a vaccine for a bio weapon and a vaccine for a virus from nature?

Can someone with knowledge of vaccines etc
please answer/debunk my worries on this please.
This is a genuine question not an attempt at starting a conspiracy theory so anyone reading this casually please know that I have no evidence for this it's just a thought that popped in my head and you are not to use my thoughts in any desicion when deciding about the vaccine you need to get proper evidence ok.
But I'm hoping this will be debunked anyway.

Viruses are viruses, whether natural or lab-made, there's nothing in their genetic code that distinguishes them particularly, they work as viruses in a way we very much understand. Coronaviruses are nothing new to us, we've sequenced the genetic code for Covid-19 and it is very similar to a number of other naturally-occuring coronaviruses found in bats etc.

A vaccine will act to give immunity to the virus by training your immune system to fight it without making you ill. Some types of vaccines (e.g. AZ) do this by injecting you with an inactive version of the virus, which won't cause you to become infected but still train your immune system. So the genetic code of the vaccine will be almost identical to the virus, but with one part deactivated so that it can't cause infection.

Others (e.g. Pfizer) inject you with a small chunk of genetic code that causes your body to produce a small part of the virus (known as the spike protein in coronavirus) and trains your body to become immune to that. Then if you come across the virus, your body knows how to deal with the spike protein and fights off the entire virus. This type of vaccine is seen as quite revolutionary - every coronavirus has a spike protein, so even if the virus mutates significantly, there is confidence that this vaccine will continue to work. It just happens that the spike protein is really important in how a coronavirus infects your cells, so if it mutated so much that the spike protein was significantly different and the vaccine didn't work anymore, it's highly likely that the virus also could not infect you anymore, and that variant would die out before it even began.

So it doesn't really matter if this coronavirus was a "bioweapon", as it's still a virus and the vaccine helps you become immune - in exactly the same way your body would become immune naturally by the way, just without the risk of illness as you don't have a live virus.

In any case, I believe the consensus around the lab theory is that even if it was made in a lab, it was for genuine research purposes to understand illness, and would have been an accidental leak. But all of this is still very much unproven and there's plenty of evidence to suggest it was a natural occurrence. Bats and other animals are riddled with coronaviruses of many different flavours, some of which bear close resemblance to the one that has affected us.

Also, the vaccines we've been given were designed in the UK and USA/Germany. Even if the virus was created by China as a "bioweapon", the vaccines most definitely were not.

Hope that clears a few things up!

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Viruses are viruses, whether natural or lab-made, there's nothing in their genetic code that distinguishes them particularly, they work as viruses in a way we very much understand. Coronaviruses are nothing new to us, we've sequenced the genetic code for Covid-19 and it is very similar to a number of other naturally-occuring coronaviruses found in bats etc.

A vaccine will act to give immunity to the virus by training your immune system to fight it without making you ill. Some types of vaccines (e.g. AZ) do this by injecting you with an inactive version of the virus, which won't cause you to become infected but still train your immune system. So the genetic code of the vaccine will be almost identical to the virus, but with one part deactivated so that it can't cause infection.

Others (e.g. Pfizer) inject you with a small chunk of genetic code that causes your body to produce a small part of the virus (known as the spike protein in coronavirus) and trains your body to become immune to that. Then if you come across the virus, your body knows how to deal with the spike protein and fights off the entire virus. This type of vaccine is seen as quite revolutionary - every coronavirus has a spike protein, so even if the virus mutates significantly, there is confidence that this vaccine will continue to work. It just happens that the spike protein is really important in how a coronavirus infects your cells, so if it mutated so much that the spike protein was significantly different and the vaccine didn't work anymore, it's highly likely that the virus also could not infect you anymore, and that variant would die out before it even began.

So it doesn't really matter if this coronavirus was a "bioweapon", as it's still a virus and the vaccine helps you become immune - in exactly the same way your body would become immune naturally by the way, just without the risk of illness as you don't have a live virus.

In any case, I believe the consensus around the lab theory is that even if it was made in a lab, it was for genuine research purposes to understand illness, and would have been an accidental leak. But all of this is still very much unproven and there's plenty of evidence to suggest it was a natural occurrence. Bats and other animals are riddled with coronaviruses of many different flavours, some of which bear close resemblance to the one that has affected us.

Also, the vaccines we've been given were designed in the UK and USA/Germany. Even if the virus was created by China as a "bioweapon", the vaccines most definitely were not.

Hope that clears a few things up!

Yes that's excellent.
You have addressed my concerns on this.
Thanks very much for answering and also thanks for the detailed explanation and your time spent on it.
Really appreciated.

Local restrictions, BUT only if things got seriously bad. I'm now agreeing with those who say we need to move on from this, otherwise, it'll mean her immunity will take longer to have any effect. I appreciate the scientists are bricking it, but that's why they are scientists, they go by the raw data which is always negative to make sure their work is safe. Listening to a newsbeat report on R1 and the doctors in the hospitals were still very upbeat as they knew how to deal with it and are very confident things will be very manageable now we have the vaccines.

I'm classified as young and have had 1 jab, will get my 2nd as soon as I bloody can, in the meantime, those getting ill will be the ones getting ill from this for the rest of eternity, the data is looking scary, but it's levelling out and have to say, not sure I agree with it being shared now.

If things get really bad, then yes, we need to make changes, but it's time we took America's stance and moved on. I work with the yanks daily and they've all agreed with this and these people I work with are scientists working with infectious disease etc.

That's not to say that I dont think Johnson is a f**king moron and bloody dangerous.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
As most of the world now owes China money, why would China deliberately cause a mass pandemic that puts getting this back in doubt?

That said having a lab a few hundred yards from the market does seem something of a coincidence so I wouldn't rule out the outbreak being caused by an accidental bio leak from the lab while they were testing a sample.

boik

Just, wow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here