Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will there be half and half scarves for the first game to complete the love-in?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It's not a great draw though. It's like losing your virginity at college. Leeds, Pompey, Palace, Saints - they're all like those birds where you had heard they let you do all sorts of stuff on them.

Donny Rovers is that girl who is secretary of the book club who you sat next to at middle school and has always had a crush on you even though you've never paid her much attention. If you lose your virginity to her then it'll be nice but it will be strictly missionary, they'll want all that kissing and cuddling shit (copyright Tony Meola's Loan Spell) and even worse expect you to respect them in the morning.

Pah. I want dirty dirty Leeds.

That is a quality argument. I am convinced.

"All the fans are just going to love it - and for many it will rank higher than being at a World Cup final."

I think it's a great opening fixture, but I think this may be slightly OTT!!!

I have been at a WCFinal and I can't recall it being as exciting beforehand, as I personally feel about this moment.
You will see in NSC, threads asking whether Albion is more interesting than England fixtures and loads choose BHA - so I can easily see many feeling more stirred about this.
You don't agree, but there will be many who do.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I have been at a WCFinal and I can't recall it being as exciting beforehand, as I personally feel about this moment.
You will see in NSC, threads asking whether Albion is more interesting than England fixtures and loads choose BHA - so I can easily see many feeling more stirred about this.
You don't agree, but there will be many who do.

Fair comment...................................now the Palace game I would probably agree with you!!!:smile:

Ever been to a WC Final then?

Say.... Germany are playing Italy, you can see loads of coloured flags and streamers etc, and you know it's going to include some faking of injuries, negative football and berating of the ref. But hey, it's a world cup final after all!

Or, you waited for over a decade of hell and high water, threats of extinction of the club you DEPENDED on for local pride and weekly games. You thought many times that the club could well disappear or decline to nothing - not knowing if they'd even be in Brighton or Hove ever again. Then, right when it seemed all was lost and we were doomed to more years floundering in the lower leagues in a ground not much better than Southwick's - a scaled-down version of Wembley appears replete with mod cons, screens, food, comfort, dry, atmosphere (hopefully) and dynamite players the likes of which we haven't seen since the 1980's. And it's yours.

You take that World Cup Final - I think I am stirred more by BHAFC at home glorious home.

'Course, I understand if there are places you'd rather be :bigwave:

Stumpy Tim

Ever been to a WC Final then?

Say.... Germany are playing Italy, you can see loads of coloured flags and streamers etc, and you know it's going to include some faking of injuries, negative football and berating of the ref. But hey, it's a world cup final after all!

Or, you waited for over a decade of hell and high water, threats of extinction of the club you DEPENDED on for local pride and weekly games. You thought many times that the club could well disappear or decline to nothing - not knowing if they'd even be in Brighton or Hove ever again. Then, right when it seemed all was lost and we were doomed to more years floundering in the lower leagues in a ground not much better than Southwick's - a scaled-down version of Wembley appears replete with mod cons, screens, food, comfort, dry, atmosphere (hopefully) and dynamite players the likes of which we haven't seen since the 1980's. And it's yours.

You take that World Cup Final - I think I am stirred more by BHAFC at home glorious home.

'Course, I understand if there are places you'd rather be :bigwave:

Your argument is a good one, but it's DONCASTER. As Totton said, if it was Palace (or Pompey for me) you might have a point. But Donny... nah

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
It's not a great draw though. It's like losing your virginity at college. Leeds, Pompey, Palace, Saints - they're all like those birds where you had heard they let you do all sorts of stuff on them.

Donny Rovers is that girl who is secretary of the book club who you sat next to at middle school and has always had a crush on you even though you've never paid her much attention. If you lose your virginity to her then it'll be nice but it will be strictly missionary, they'll want all that kissing and cuddling shit (copyright Tony Meola's Loan Spell) and even worse expect you to respect them in the morning.

I`m just pissed off we have got the girl from the special needs group during the evening. I wanted her on a saturday afternoon.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
I'm about as excited at playing Doncaster as I am about Peterborough or Burnley. I know there'll be a lot of sentimental people jizzing themselves at the prospect of playing them first (some of whom probably never even saw the Goldstone standing) but for those of us who don't have one foot in the past it's a dull first match in comparison to some of the alternatives.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Christ - the fact that it's the first ever league game at a stadium we've waited 14 years for isn't, in itself, exciting enough for some people? You've got to hate the oppos to want to get worked up and get behind the team on this day of days?

FFS. We ain't playing Donny now, we're playing them on August 6th, when the atmosphere will no doubt reflect the importance of the occasion for us. Until then, can we at least be allowed to play nicely with the kids from the next street on here?

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
What a load of crap. Seriously, bore off.

I don't give a monkeys who we're playing, I really don't.

I've waited 14 years for this day. The atmosphere will be electric.

Moaning about the first opponents. FFS.

I'm off, this place is too depressing.

Jan 30, 2008
...and will there be a half and half sick bucket for those of us not exactly enamoured with this fixture?

I wanted it to be against someone like Leeds or Pompey so we can kick off our first Amex experience with a hostile, raucous, noisy occasion. Reading some of the posts on here, the loudest sounds are going to be the slappety slap of his and his reach-arounds. Are Donny even going to sell-out this fixture?

Not happy at all with this draw. :(
got to start somewhere but have got to agree about all this love in bollox , see enough of that at notts county FFS , couldn't give a toss about Doncaster rovers .:annoyed:

Indeed it does. One without England and his argument holds more sway

That is of course the only exception, and so obvious was it that I didn't feel it needed mention.
Yes, I would rather have been at 1966 Wembley's final instead of perching on my mate's sofa watching in a pensive combination of both pain and joy, than at a place I could attend several times in the season.

But I concur with *chuckle*, as that happening again is about as likely as Scotland winning one.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Half and half scarf Sir certainly that will be £ 40 or £ 50 if boxed hehehe

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

They're only down the road at Southampton, I'm sure tickets will be available.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I was thinking about this today but on reflection, although it is not a "glamour" match it would be good to get a decent game under our belts and hopefully get a win against (no disrespect) one of the lower teams in the Championship. A first home win will do wondewrs for confidence and the galmour fixtures can follow imo. The day will be about us not them.

...and will there be a half and half sick bucket for those of us not exactly enamoured with this fixture?

I wanted it to be against someone like Leeds or Pompey so we can kick off our first Amex experience with a hostile, raucous, noisy occasion. Reading some of the posts on here, the loudest sounds are going to be the slappety slap of his and his reach-arounds. Are Donny even going to sell-out this fixture?

Not happy at all with this draw. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here