Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will there be half and half scarves for the first game to complete the love-in?

I was thinking about this today but on reflection, although it is not a "glamour" match it would be good to get a decent game under our belts and hopefully get a win against (no disrespect) one of the lower teams in the Championship. A first home win will do wondewrs for confidence and the galmour fixtures can follow imo. The day will be about us not them.

It's clearly going to be 'about' both teams.
And I bet Donny will really want to make an impression - so let's not assume they'll be easy or automatically there as cannon fodder for us!

Both sides should be well up for it

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Instead of a scarf love in there should be a "Fans Reunited" banner.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Perhaps, in recognition of their last visit to the Goldstone, perhaps our players may return the sentiment with a similar poster reading

'THANKS ROVERS FOR YOUR SUPPORT'

Last edited:

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
It's clearly going to be 'about' both teams.
And I bet Donny will really want to make an impression - so let's not assume they'll be easy or automatically there as cannon fodder for us!

Both sides should be well up for it

I don't think this "assumed" anything. The point is that we will have a better chance aaginst a lower team than one of the so called high flyers. Read the post...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Ever been to a WC Final then?

Say.... Germany are playing Italy, you can see loads of coloured flags and streamers etc, and you know it's going to include some faking of injuries, negative football and berating of the ref. But hey, it's a world cup final after all!

Or, you waited for over a decade of hell and high water, threats of extinction of the club you DEPENDED on for local pride and weekly games. You thought many times that the club could well disappear or decline to nothing - not knowing if they'd even be in Brighton or Hove ever again. Then, right when it seemed all was lost and we were doomed to more years floundering in the lower leagues in a ground not much better than Southwick's - a scaled-down version of Wembley appears replete with mod cons, screens, food, comfort, dry, atmosphere (hopefully) and dynamite players the likes of which we haven't seen since the 1980's. And it's yours.

You take that World Cup Final - I think I am stirred more by BHAFC at home glorious home.

'Course, I understand if there are places you'd rather be :bigwave:

Very much this!

I don't think this "assumed" anything. The point is that we will have a better chance aaginst a lower team than one of the so called high flyers. Read the post...

I did read the post - it is assumption to assume that they will be 'one of the lower teams' or anyone else is a high flyer before the season even starts. Last season means nothing, tomorrow never knows.

Also, it's all about us ...and not them? How much more pompous can a post be than to say that? Your words exude assumption from every line. Not between the lines either, I'm afraid.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Why are some people ashamed of being emotional? Its not about a fans love in... its about celebrating a fantastic end to a long journey for both sets of fans.
Oh, and those of you who think its a dull fixture can think again... Dont be fooled by our position last season: we had the worst set of long-term injuries I can remember... 12 first teamers out for at least 3 months of the season!
Also, our home gates may not be great, but our away support is fanatical and as big as most in this division. (AND no trouble EVER!)
I hope we are going to be back to our best, pass and move stuff, because its just great to watch... even when we lose. You lot have a team that plays good stuff and is on a roll. Now Swansea have gone up, we are officially the best footballing side in the division.
Should be a cracker.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
It's not a great draw though. It's like losing your virginity at college. Leeds, Pompey, Palace, Saints - they're all like those birds where you had heard they let you do all sorts of stuff on them.

Donny Rovers is that girl who is secretary of the book club who you sat next to at middle school and has always had a crush on you even though you've never paid her much attention. If you lose your virginity to her then it'll be nice but it will be strictly missionary, they'll want all that kissing and cuddling shit (copyright Tony Meola's Loan Spell) and even worse expect you to respect them in the morning.

Pah. I want dirty dirty Leeds.

mmmmmm secretaries

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
On the last day of the EPL season I saw a Blackpool fan wearing a United/Blackpool half and half scarf in the crowd at Old Trafford. :facepalm:

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Have you ever BEEN in Donny town centre on a Saturday night?
The closest to missionary position is bent over the bus station wall going "Oh God!!"
And the team aint going to lay back and think of England either... you mark my words!
Leeds?! They're like that tart that everybody wants, then feels dirty afterwards.
Scum.

Dubai rover

Jun 17, 2011
Have you ever BEEN in Donny town centre on a Saturday night?
The closest to missionary position is bent over the bus station wall going "Oh God!!"
And the team aint going to lay back and think of England either... you mark my words!
Leeds?! They're like that tart that everybody wants, then feels dirty afterwards.
Scum.
Great night out Donny.....erm thats why I dont go back often!!

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Having spent years at Withdean and Gillingham and now about to move into a fantastic new stadium at Falmer, yes, it is about "us" on the 6 August . Nothing pompous about it at all. I have a lot of respect for Doncaster but it is "our" day. Your point about the lower teams is accepted with my humblest appologies. I accept that all the teams in the Championship have equal opportunity to succeed at this level. It may be however that some may be more equal than others.

I did read the post - it is assumption to assume that they will be 'one of the lower teams' or anyone else is a high flyer before the season even starts. Last season means nothing, tomorrow never knows.

Also, it's all about us ...and not them? How much more pompous can a post be than to say that? Your words exude assumption from every line. Not between the lines either, I'm afraid.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I like the opening home fixtures-plenty of time to tune in the atmosphere and get ready for the big one against the Eagles-Leeds the week before just to make sure we are on top of our game.

Having spent years at Withdean and Gillingham and now about to move into a fantastic new stadium at Falmer, yes, it is about "us" on the 6 August . Nothing pompous about it at all. I have a lot of respect for Doncaster but it is "our" day. Your point about the lower teams is accepted with my humblest appologies. I accept that all the teams in the Championship have equal opportunity to succeed at this level. It may be however that some may be more equal than others.

:lol:
Well I hope we don't get distracted by the euphoria of the occasion, on the day, to the point that Donny have got a nice comfortable lead within the first ten minutes!
If I were a manager coming for this fixture, that's what I'd be going for - get us while we're stoned on the big moment!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here