Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will the Unions bring everyone to their knees?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes I noticed your posts…which were worthy of you…well constructed and dealing with the matter in hand

My point earlier was to do with ‘tackling the man not the ball’.

Anyway I’ve given my opinion as to how I was (rightly or wrongly) viewing the direction of the thread at the time and moved on.

:thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Depends which end of the telescope you look through.

Every strike inconveniences another worker, sends a small business into bankruptcy, increases prices, pushes up inflation, and costs the taxpayer more. And so the circle of wage demands goes round again.

Way to go

The company is far from going bankrupt when the CEO has been given a wage of £500,000.
Whose snout is in the trough?

D

Deleted member 2719

Blimey .. a bit of a bundle on another poster going on

Yeah, who would have thought of it?
I won't be wasting my time on them, been there many times before.

It gets led by a mod with abuse somewhere on the board aimed at me and then all his disciples who have been suckered in all follow two by two.

Mick the mouth, has gone all Scargill. It's that simple.

What could go wrong.:facepalm:

Meanwhile, I will spend time with my family, rather than wasting my time going round and around in circles.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yeah, who would have thought of it?
I won't be wasting my time on them, been there many times before.

It gets led by a mod with abuse somewhere on the board aimed at me and then all his disciples who have been suckered in all follow two by two.

Mick the mouth, has gone all Scargill. It's that simple.

What could go wrong.:facepalm:

Meanwhile, I will spend time with my family, rather than wasting my time going round and around in circles.

This was your opening line on this, your own thread;

“Well, I am surprised to see no thread regarding the RMT screwing up the country when everyone is trying hard to work a plan going forward”.

You knew exactly the tone you wanted to set. Don’t burst into tears when you get burned by your own fireworks.

You’re either have zero self awareness or are simply a cry baby.

Either way, pretty sad.

D

Deleted member 2719

Mate....I have been careful to not do what I used to do and be horribly rude to Mouldy. I like Mouldy, even though we differ in our views. I have however pointed out that this thread appears to be ill-judged and, once this became apparent, his continued grinding of the same axe has become unwise. In the end if he wants to devalue the currency of his opinion further by clinging on to the prejudice that made the thread pointless from the off, that is his choice.

Others have shown a deal of exasperation with all this. All the while that Mouldy keeps coming back with further whataboutery, the degree of exasperation is likely to increase rather than subside.

It's interesting to posit views that don't 'fit in' but pursuing them even when the last vestiges of their flesh have been flayed off them with relentless facts is foolhardy. You will also recall that the thread was started by Mouldy asking a question. You shouldn't ask questions if you are unwilling to take note of the answers.

Hazza, I don't have the time to read through the whole thread and respond to it all.
I am not ducking anything, I just have more important things to do.
I have never ducked anything and never will, that's not the way I operate.

D

Deleted member 2719

This was your opening line on this, your own thread;

“Well, I am surprised to see no thread regarding the RMT screwing up the country when everyone is trying hard to work a plan going forward”.

You knew exactly the tone you wanted to set. Don’t burst into tears when you get burned by your own fireworks.

You’re either have zero self awareness or are simply a cry baby.

Either way, pretty sad.

The questions needed to be answered by the heavily weighted numbers of NSC members.

No one took this thread on when it was front page news.

Wtf was wrong with levelling up here then Clampy?

I am not sure if posters want me to answer all their questions, as I am totally outnumbered and I don't have all day to read and respond and will not spend all my spare minutes in doing so.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The questions needed to be answered by the heavily weighted numbers of NSC members.

No one took this thread on when it was front page news.

Wtf was wrong with levelling up here then Clampy?

I am not sure if posters want me to answer all their questions, as I am totally outnumbered and I don't have all day to read and respond and will not spend all my spare minutes in doing so.

If you can’t handle people challenging your posts, perhaps don’t make them so combative. Personally, I have no need to ask questions of you. You gave all your answers in your opening post. You set your stall out early, so I see no need to encourage any of your waffle .

I am simply remarking that if you start a thread in the manner you did, it’s a bit pathetic to blame the response you get on the mods and to cry that you are being rounded on.

It’s a bear pit mentality and it’s disappointing to see it on the Big Board. I thought we had all moved on. It appears not.

That’s all.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Hazza, I don't have the time to read through the whole thread and respond to it all.

Isn't blocking your critics ducking out then?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
How’s your knees doing, Mouldy? I’m not on mine yet, haven’t been at all come to think of it.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
In a cost of living crisis I'm sure there are plenty of violins for those earning £100k and over that start to lose their tax allowance. #pray4the700k

Hmm, I think anyone regardless of wealth should have the right to earn an amount free of tax but then I don’t think tax should ever be more than 50% either.

The state needs to cut its cloth……..overly aggressive taxation on individuals is not the answer.

Envy is a negative small dick energy……….looks like we have a lot of posters with tiddlers on this board.

Maybe the NHS should provide free vacuum pumps to help some of you lot calm yourselves down.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hmm, I think anyone regardless of wealth should have the right to earn an amount free of tax but then I don’t think tax should ever be more than 50% either.

The state needs to cut its cloth……..overly aggressive taxation on individuals is not the answer.

Envy is a negative small dick energy……….looks like we have a lot of posters with tiddlers on this board.

Maybe the NHS should provide free vacuum pumps to help some of you lot calm yourselves down.
I agree with your first paragraph 100% but genuinely haven't a clue what you're talking about after that or who you're railing against. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

No indeed. But you started a fire, and it keeps on burning....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It didnt seem from reading their post that they were referring to ‘the company’ you’ve referred too ..’’sends a small business’’ :shrug:

He accused the lower paid of wanting more wages, which puts pressure on inflation, which will ruin small businesses.
In my mind, the excesses of the top paid cause more damage, than thos who are struggling to get by.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Envy - damn, I put all my spare coin on jealousy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree with your first paragraph 100% but genuinely haven't a clue what you're talking about after that or who you're railing against. :shrug:

Quite.

The whole tax thing is nonsense. Top rate of tax is 45%. It kicks in after £150K PA. Nobody earning that amount pays anything like the full whack*. Pay someone a grand and they will save you 40 of that 45%, entirely legally.

At the other end of the spectrum, NI drops from 13.5% to 3.5% after you hit around £50K. A retrogressive tax!

Bored with tory boys grizzling about how much tax they pretend they're paying. :shrug:

*I stand corrected. The greater knowledge of [MENTION=36353]schmunk[/MENTION] prevails (see posts elsewhere). I'll leave my hyperbole unedited, to remind myself about the folly of accumulating an enormous return in speculation from a small investment of fact, primed and ready for the next time I need to give my head a wobble (I expect this will be before the weekend :facepalm:)

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Quite.

The whole tax thing is nonsense. Top rate of tax is 45%. It kicks in after £150K PA. Nobody earning that amount pays anything like the full whack. Pay someone a grand and they will save you 40 of that 45%, entirely legally.

At the other end of the spectrum, NI drops from 13.5% to 3.5% after you hit around £50K. A retrogressive tax!

Bored with tory boys grizzling about how much tax they pretend they're paying. :shrug:

Tax bill certainly not as large as the ego!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He accused the lower paid of wanting more wages, which puts pressure on inflation, which will ruin small businesses.
In my mind, the excesses of the top paid cause more damage, than thos who are struggling to get by.

Their was no mention of lower paid in his post….just strikes in general…which can have an effect on small businesses who presumably could also have lower paid staff with perhaps a less effective union…and I’m not championing an ‘overpaid’ CEO or excess pay at the top either!

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Doesn’t quite tie in with your reply ….he mentioned small businesses you immediately referred to the CEO of the protagonist…perhaps a bit over anxious?

He said wage rises cause inflation which ruins small businesses. He then blames the low paid who aren’t even asking for an inflation wage rise, whereas their CEO is getting over half a million a year.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Quite.

The whole tax thing is nonsense. Top rate of tax is 45%. It kicks in after £150K PA. Nobody earning that amount pays anything like the full whack. Pay someone a grand and they will save you 40 of that 45%, entirely legally.

Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish - absolute rubbish.

Nobody can legally make your tax go away in the way you describe, and at the 50k mark the marginal income tax rate jumps by 20% - doubly offsetting the drop in NI rate.

It's worth also noting that NI contributions up to that point directly link to state pension accrual, whereas the additional 3.25% is for no additional benefit.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here