Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will the Red's sing " You will never walk alone"

Totally agree with this. If our supporters took a leaf out of the Liverpool fans, and just sung about our team, I think it would be much better than the tired old get a job blah blah blah... Except against Palace :D

I don't have any affections towards our scouse cousins, but I do admire the support they give their team.

The only scousers I want to see smiling tonight are Nooney and Nav.

Sorry mate but you've obviously never been to a Man U, Liverpool game if you think that. Some, and I reiterate some, Liverpool fans take great pleasure in rolling out the Munich song.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
They'll only sing it if they're winning. I guess the retort will include something about never getting a job?!

Shows how little you know.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Sorry mate but you've obviously never been to a Man U, Liverpool game if you think that. Some, and I reiterate some, Liverpool fans take great pleasure in rolling out the Munich song.

I've been to a number of Liverpool-Man Utd games, on The Kop (both versions), Anfield Road and Main Stand and can honestly say that I have never heard the Munich song sung by Liverpool fans.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Having not missed a Brighton game against Liverpool home and away since '79 I can honestly say I have never witnessed the supposed Kop roar! There's always been a far more noisy and intimidating atmosphere at places like Stoke. Perhaps its down to our success against Liverpool that has quietened them down.

I've been to a number of Liverpool-Man Utd games, on The Kop (both versions), Anfield Road and Main Stand and can honestly say that I have never heard the Munich song sung by Liverpool fans.

Really?

I've been to two and heard it both times, once at Anfield and once at Old Trafford. This was at least 15 years ago but they were singing it.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

No you are right Hillian1 I have never been to a Liverpool Utd game, so I wouldn't know that. I have however stood on the Kop against Arsenal (won a competition) and remember how impressed I was with the support shown to their team, and none of the shit you hear everywhere else about the opposition.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Really?

I've been to two and heard it both times, once at Anfield and once at Old Trafford. This was at least 15 years ago but they were singing it.

Really-never heard it. Not even by the small group of idiots that every club has. Not saying it has never happened but I've never heard it. Leeds on the other hand...

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
f*** singing that, if they do sing that, we should just sing over them with a chorus of GOSBTS :clap2:

Couldn't agree more. No need to sit back and be awed by the big boys' fans, but neither is there any need to be churlish and whistle/boo it. The correct response is to sing our own songs even louder.

Edit: Response to Hillian. I've been to Man U v Liverpool at Old Trafford six times. The 'Pool fans do indeed sing the Munich song, BUT, the last three times I was there, they only resorted to it after being taunted as 'Murderers, murderers' and 'Without killing anyone, we've won it two times', for an hour by the Mancs. There was a degree of provocation there - I can't say it felt like they took 'great pleasure' from it to me. It just sounded like two sets of fans with genuine loathing for each other, both resorting to the worst kind of chanting I can think of.

Last edited:

Couldn't agree more. No need to sit back and be awed by the big boys' fans, but neither is there any need to be churlish and whistle/boo it. The correct response is to sing our own songs even louder.

Edit: Response to Hillian. I've been to Man U v Liverpool at Old Trafford six times. The 'Pool fans do indeed sing the Munich song, BUT, the last three times I was there, they only resorted to it after being taunted as 'Murderers, murderers' and 'Without killing anyone, we've won it two times', for an hour by the Mancs. There was a degree of provocation there - I can't say it felt like they took 'great pleasure' from it to me. It just sounded like two sets of fans with genuine loathing for each other, both resorting to the worst kind of chanting I can think of.

You are indeed correct, I was not trying to paint the Pool fans as being the only ones just remaking that they do not only sing about their club.

There is no right or wrong with this type of chanting. The stuff we get regarding gayboys etc actually makes me laugh, but then no-one has died.

Edit, there is plenty wrong with it, that was worded wrong. It is never right to chant them in any circumstance.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here