Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will the board give Slade the job?

Will the board give Slade the job

• Total voters

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
One thing is CERTAIN ...

This decision will define the direction the Club is taking for the next few years.

The most truthful and prophetic statement on this thread...

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
One thing is CERTAIN ...

This decision will define the direction the Club is taking for the next few years.

Lets hope its not the same disasterous result as last year - remember this statement " The club is moving forward at a very fast pace and Micky is the right person to take us therefor the future"

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
tell me more phil

clarky

I've said it as much as it is, the opinion/understanding of the player I spoke to was clear, Slade was out, and Wise was more that a rumour.

How does it "seem" that way?!? - never ceases to amaze me how people just post made up assumptions as semi-fact on this board time and time again. Don't forget 99% got it wrong about the last manager appointment. Rubbish innit and you would think our support would be a little more positive and upbeat after yesterdays great escape :angry:

Dwayne, you have made some great points, you are exactly right, we do not know the facts, or what they are doing, or planning, or indeed if there is any friction, it is mere speculation.

It is nothing to do with us, the board will make their own decisions, they will make them for what they think are the right reasons, and they alone are the ones bankrolling the club, and who have the right to run it how they see fit.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
How does it "seem" that way?!? - never ceases to amaze me how people just post made up assumptions as semi-fact on this board time and time again. Don't forget 99% got it wrong about the last manager appointment. Rubbish innit and you would think our support would be a little more positive and upbeat after yesterdays great escape :angry:
A few points: firstly it was a lot more than 1% who were right about the last managerial appointment. If I had to put a figure on it I'd say it was more like 30-40%

Secondly as for making assumptions based on semi-facts, well yes, but that's all we've got to go on. However there are quite a few of these semi-facts, it's not as if there's just been one random post from a newbie saying "My mate saw Dick Knight talking to Dennis Wise at Hickstead services" There are too many different comments from different posters from different sources for it to be all ignored as mere tittle-tattle. 'There's no smoke without fire' as they say. Also I agree with BOF, I don't think Slade is the type of manager Bloom wants. I think that's partly because they're scared he may turn out to be a one-hit wonder, a sort of cross between Jimmy Melia and Steve Gritt (a valid concern IMO), but more because he doesn't fit the image. They don't want us to be known as the club managed by the mad bald bloke who no one's ever heard of. No, I have absolutely no facts to back that up, just a hunch based on what I know of Bloom's character.

Finally as for being upbeat about The Great Escape, obviously we are, but don't forget we'll need a good season next year to get us back to the level we were at when Wilkins was sacked!

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Wouldn't surprise me if another club is after Slade - he has worked miracles after just 13 matches and it wouldn't surprise me that this board shits on Slade - if they can't be loyal to Wilkins after over 20 years who can they be loyal to?

Absolutely. Dean took us to 18th in this division in his first season with a squad that were in the Championship the previous season, and was shat on from a great height. Where oh where is loyalty, yet Dick Knight (LIAR!) still employs White and Booker year after year, who both look a bit funny to me, and therefore are clearly incompetent.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Of course they will.

It's a complete no-brainer. No thought required whatsoever, he's done a tremendous job with the bag of spanners he inherited. The thought of what he could do with a squad he assembles himself, and trains through the pre-season excites me about next season in a way I would never have believed a couple of months ago.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Our positions in the last five seasons have been 20th, 24th, 18th, 7th and 16th.

On the basis of that, surely a reality check is required in terms of what is achievable next season?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
For their own sake, it has to be a Yes...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here