Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will the board give Slade the job?

Will the board give Slade the job

• Total voters

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
They're bloody fools if they appoint anyone but Slade - the fans like him, the players WILL play for him as we have seen, and we've also seen what happens when the players don't respond to a manager this season no matter what his former pedigree. No way do we want Wise (too political + not a good man manager) and Gannon will only be taking it 'cause Stockport are bust and will disappear up north again at the first opportunity, Slade will know who to keep, who to eject and who to get in to fill the gaps, ready for next season.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
I, like the high percentage of fans, will want him to stay,but, i think others will make
thier own choice ( wrong choice) and get in a "name",too many egos and chips on
shoulders in the boardroom maybe,for someone to say,"ok he was not my choice but
lets give him a try,he has done us good".

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I think the board would be mad NOT to give him the job.
BUT, as Gannon will probably leave Stockport as they've no money AND he was Knight's first choice, we'll probably end up with him a la Micky Adams last year ie "He was available and I had to act quickly so that nobody else snapped him up".
Russell Slade has earned his chance, proved he can do the job and do it well (even though it took a few games for him to bed in) and SHOULD be our manager for next season.
I am worried though about these rumours about that little shit Wise being manager - we most definitely do not want him (unless he brought Poyet with him but I think their wages would be far too high for BHA anyway)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Gannon can ruddy RACK off.

Slade is the man. I don't particularly like the direct style of football but that could be a product of the situation we found ourselves in.

He has bailed Knight out of a serious mess. Surely not even Dick can get rid after that?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Dick was just interviewed on Meridian but deflected away from saying if he would offer Slade the job.

Said he kept us up but even if we went down we would come straight back up because we don't deserve to be there

I have a horrible feeling Slade will be shafted, hope I'm wrong

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dick was just interviewed on Meridian but deflected away from saying if he would offer Slade the job.

Said he kept us up but even if we went down we would come straight back up because we don't deserve to be there

"Didn't deserve to be there", f***'s sake have they learnt NOTHING? I sincerely hope that what Dick Knight says and what Dick Knight thinks are two completely different things.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

You could look at is as a negative. However, he could well be sitting down talking money with Slade this week so I would imagine he won't be raving about him in public just yet.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The fans want Slade as the manager but it aint up to them. The decision lies with the Board and a decision has already been made that will upset a fair few.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They're bloody fools if they appoint anyone but Slade - the fans like him, the players WILL play for him as we have seen, and we've also seen what happens when the players don't respond to a manager this season no matter what his former pedigree. No way do we want Wise (too political + not a good man manager) and Gannon will only be taking it 'cause Stockport are bust and will disappear up north again at the first opportunity,

Many good points, all well made :thumbsup:

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Wouldn't surprise me if another club is after Slade - he has worked miracles after just 13 matches and it wouldn't surprise me that this board shits on Slade - if they can't be loyal to Wilkins after over 20 years who can they be loyal to?

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
DK put MA in charge to deflect the shafting metered out to DW. In other words he thought about the fan reaction. So Im hoping he and the board consider US again this time round.

After all it is OUR club isnt it..

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Are we going to have a spectacular management decision in May for the second year running? I strongly suspect it depends on who REALLY has the power in the boardroom.............. unanimous is a smoke screen word at the best of times in football.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would like to think that Dick would give Slade a contract, but it seems that the Blooms would back another horse/their preferred choice. I don't think a lower league, cuddly and bald manager is who they want to front the ship. Sadly.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I would like to think that Dick would give Slade a contract, but it seems that the Blooms would back another horse/their preferred choice. I don't think a lower league, cuddly and bald manager is who they want to front the ship. Sadly.

How does it "seem" that way?!? - never ceases to amaze me how people just post made up assumptions as semi-fact on this board time and time again. Don't forget 99% got it wrong about the last manager appointment. Rubbish innit and you would think our support would be a little more positive and upbeat after yesterdays great escape :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here