Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will the board give Slade the job?

Will the board give Slade the job

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Forget whether you think he deserves it or not, your gut feeling on whether he's gonna get the job. No fence.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I think they have to. Through what he's achieved this season it would be criminal not to give him a contract.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Like Bright, I just don't think he'll get it. :( I desperately WANT him to, he is the right man for this job and he has proved that. But I don't think they'll keep him, they thought they knew better last summer afterall.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I think if there was any doubt within the board the reaction from the fans after the final whistle should have sorte that out!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
if it was up to the fans he would be signed up now but the decision will be made by the money men. At the end of the day if they dont want to back him and want to replace him with a big name manager then it will happen.

brightonmad999

Jan 31, 2008
shoreham
the board dont wanna leave it to like 2 or 3 weeks befor the season starts they want to do it as soon as and so he has enough time to get new players and new staff i hope but i bet im wrong

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I think he deserves the job - he has worked a miracle with what time he has been given - it just worries me how some people act and why they do things at the club - THE WHOLE BOARD NEEDS TO LISTEN TO THE FANS

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I think he deserves the job - he has worked a miracle with what time he has been given - it just worries me how some people act and why they do things at the club - THE WHOLE BOARD NEEDS TO LISTEN TO THE FANS

personally, i would never have got of Wilkins.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I spoke with a Brighton player after tha game yesterday, his words:

"Slade won't be here next year, and with all these rumours about Dennis Wise, I'm not sure if I would get or want a deal with him either"

I am not going to say who I spoke to, but that is pretty much what he said to me.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I spoke with a Brighton player after tha game yesterday, his words:

"Slade won't be here next year, and with all these rumours about Dennis Wise, I'm not sure if I would get or want a deal with him either"

I am not going to say who I spoke to, but that is pretty much what he said to me.

I really don't want to believe you!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I really don't want to believe you!

It's certainly not in my nature to make anything up, TBH, this is the second time I have heard that Slade won;t be with us next season, from 2 separate sources, one player (as mentioned) and one from a senior staff member.

Having met Slade, I think he definately wants the job, but then he would say that wouldn't he? otherwise he is out of work in June.

I want Slade to stay, and I hope that if there is truth in what I have heard that the club backtrack ad make it happen. Sadly, if the board are at leggerheads, he with the biggest wallet will probably get to force the issue.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I said on another thread that I don't think a bald Yeovil reject is the kind of manager Bloom has in mind.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I have a horrible feeling the board have already done a deal with someone else, possibly Wise, possibly Gannon. I sincerley hope I'm just being a pessimistic football fan cos I really like Slade.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Reluctantly, I've voted no. I've got a nasty feeling that some idiots on the board think they will get more prestige by appointing a big time Charley (although unfortunately in our position we won't get a real big time Charley, just someone who thinks they're bigger than they are............)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Still reckon Knight will go after Gannon

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I have a horrible feeling the board have already done a deal with someone else, possibly Wise, possibly Gannon. I sincerley hope I'm just being a pessimistic football fan cos I really like Slade.
I can't shake that either, and reading some of the posts of the 'itk' fans on here I don't think it can be dismissed as mere paranoia.

If the board behave as badly (both morally and practically) as they did last season then what they'll do is announce Slade as manager as they know it'll be the popular choice. Then when all the STHs are renewed (and Slade's done the Retain or Release list) they'll sack him because, oh I dunno, he tried to sneak through an extra can of Pledge for his head on expenses. Then they'll announce Wise, Gannon, Pardew, whoever as the 'man to lead us to Falmer'. To make it sound more palatable they'll announce they're not actually sacking Slade, perish the thought, but they've offered him a job as Chief Assistant to the Assistant Chief on the coaching staff - and they really hope he'll accept.

DON'T tell me that can't happen.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here