Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will poyet be sacked in march just like adams was

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i would like to think that if poyet does go it will be when his contract expires and not by the will of fans and itchy trigger finger chairmen, we are in no better position than when mr slade was sacked but in terms of the football we are playing i would say we are streets ahead,pretty football dosnt always produce instant results but the signs are there we are going in the right direction,this next month will give us a very good idea of exactly how we stand in the scheme of things, huddersfield norwich charlton and leeds scored between them 16 goals against us with just 2 in reply after the 1st meeting.

these next 4 games have a massive bearing on our season and the stats say we will come away pointless from these games, i dont think that will happen and we will be at least harder to beat this time around. onwards and upwards innit :D

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I have been to quite a few games this season, not as many as i would like, but i work shifts and this involves working most weekends. From what i have seen so far, we are a much better footballing side under Gus and i know that you make your own luck, but you must admit we have been getting the shit side of the cloth when it comes to refs.
I think we are in for some good results.

We have all got to stick behind gus and the team and i dont understand why anyone would even mention the manager getting the gooner.

WE WILL BE FINE :shutup:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I do not think he will be sacked in March but I have to say that the results and the signings since his arrival have been pretty disappointing.

I have read about the money he has to spend, the contacts he has to bring players in and his tactical nous but none of this is really evident. To his credit there has been more discipline on the field in that we can have some confidence that we are going to finish with 11 players on the pitch. However his rant yesterday against the referee yesterday, whilst understandable, is not going to help the situation.

We are not getting enough points because the players are making too many errors, mainly at the back, but also upfront. Unless they are removed, and I have no real confidence that they will, we are going to be relegated. Football that is 'pleasing' to the eye, does not of its own win football games.

Unless he can turn things around by October ie 10 games or so into the new season, Poyet will be gone and will not manage in the League again.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Some very tough games coming up at the worst possible time though

I know what you mean, but its the Sort of games that we may get something. Charlton and Colchester away look good to me.
You know what this team are like. Stick them in a nice stadium against a good side and they always raise their game. Leeds also.
I know this might come back and bite me on the bum, but i still think it will be a good month for us.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
even if we go down this season he will stay, the only way i can see him not being at falmer is if a much bigger club (probably prem) poaches him and i cant see that happening

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Adams/Slade wasted money on crap.
Poyet needs time to erradicte that crap and bring in his own players.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Poyet out. End of thread. :jester:

THis is such a ridiculous thread, why woudl Poyet get sacked? I know we can't finish but Bloom isn't an idiot. Keep our heads above the water, give him time to build for the future, and this time, stick with him maybe? We go through managers like Portsmouth go through chairmen.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Based on the numerous decisions he's made in recent times which I find both baffling and destructive I would be absolutely delighted if he went at any time. I usually back managers to the hilt (it's players who get away with murder and should be criticised more in my opinion) but Poyet's just a joke in so many departments.

Sadly, the posters above who say he'll stay even if we go down are right.

:US: Shut UP!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I find this thread astonishing - how can we even be discussing such a daft thing?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Based on the numerous decisions he's made in recent times which I find both baffling and destructive I would be absolutely delighted if he went at any time. I usually back managers to the hilt (it's players who get away with murder and should be criticised more in my opinion) but Poyet's just a joke in so many departments.

Sadly, the posters above who say he'll stay even if we go down are right.

You have got to be the biggest prick going.:shootself

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Because we're in the bottom four and in with one hell of a chance of dropping into the bottom division again.

Because he's forced our best player to hand in a transfer request and then decided to drop him altogether, severely weakening us before a crucial match.

Because he can't give a contract to quality players but does reward mediocrity like El Abd - anyone still trust his JUDGMENT?

Because he signed nobody of any note who will do anything to keep us up during his one big get-out clause - the January window.

Because he hasn't won a home match despite being here since early November.

Because he still bangs on about how good our players are, despite our lowly position.

On reflection, despite my earlier post, I don't want to see him get sacked. I may have a very low opinion of our players, but I am a strong believer that managerial stability is the key to everything in football, hence I don't like to get on the manager's back without a very good reason. However, the way the majority of people seem to still believe Poyet is god's gift as we continue to stumble from one disaster to the next is blinkered to say the least.

Apart from that?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Adams/Slade wasted money on crap.
Poyet needs time to erradicte that crap and bring in his own players.
Such as who?
He's got rid of two of Adams' albatrosses, plus one on loan, leaving only Hawkins who is long term injured and will go in the summer if not before, and McNulty, Adams only decent permanent signing. As for Slade's signings, Smith (well, he was signed during Slade's reign anyway) has gone, Bennett and Tunnicliffe aren't crap, Crofts has been made captain, he loves Navarro and seems to quite like Dickinson as well. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here