will poyet be sacked in march just like adams was

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Slade 15 Games 14 Points

Poyet 13 Games 15 Points

Not a huge amount of difference.

Reasonable debate to have but we need to get behind them now as much as possible to keep us up.

All in all we have been a shambles on the pitch for far to long due to poor decisions.

Statistics are so easy to make fit the argument.

Slade had a chance of a clean slate. During the close season he could have and should changed far more of the personnel but didn't. However all we kept hearing was the gelling of the team. What crap, basically we were not good enough and the players it seemed thought Slade was an easy touch.

Poyet inherited an underachieving side. But, Poyet is so different, he has got I believe the best out of a lot of the mediocre players and was not going to panic buy similar standard dross at inflated prices during the transfer window. There was not much on offer to buy and also he did bring in a few which to me appear good assets. He has always stated he prefers to do the main squad building in the close season and in this I trust him. As for survival he may well bring in a few loanees to boost our squad but seeing that we are playing well away from home it can only be a matter of time before it clicks at home as well. Given that the league is so close a few wins and we'll be in the top half.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Poyet is here for the long term.

Poyet won't be here by the time we get to Falmer. Be it sacked for poor results, or poached by another club because he's turned us around. I think it'll probably be the later but he doesn't seem to be the kind of bloke who'll stick around.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Statistics are so easy to make fit the argument.

Slade had a chance of a clean slate. During the close season he could have and should changed far more of the personnel but didn't. However all we kept hearing was the gelling of the team. What crap, basically we were not good enough and the players it seemed thought Slade was an easy touch.

Poyet inherited an underachieving side. But, Poyet is so different, he has got I believe the best out of a lot of the mediocre players and was not going to panic buy similar standard dross at inflated prices during the transfer window. There was not much on offer to buy and also he did bring in a few which to me appear good assets. He has always stated he prefers to do the main squad building in the close season and in this I trust him. As for survival he may well bring in a few loanees to boost our squad but seeing that we are playing well away from home it can only be a matter of time before it clicks at home as well. Given that the league is so close a few wins and we'll be in the top half.
Spend less time pulling pints and post more decent posts like this.:thumbsup:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
is poyet better than slade ?well we are in the bottom four and cant win at home and gus continues with the same midfield week after week we must find a left winger and drop navarro crofts or dicker,althouh i like all three of those also his choice of subs yesterday was woefull when did hart last score why not put on holroyd or cox or carole or all 3 bloom must sort it SOON.
what the deus......
:facepalm:

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Even if we go down this season i'll still support poyet and believe he is the right man. Just like others have said, it's time we stuck by a manager long term. He is in his infancy as a manager and brighton have limited facilities (in terms of training ground, stadium etc) so it's not his fault or the players for that matter. Our away form speaks volumes, just like it has done for so many years.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Even if we go down this season i'll still support poyet and believe he is the right man. Just like others have said, it's time we stuck by a manager long term. He is in his infancy as a manager and brighton have limited facilities (in terms of training ground, stadium etc) so it's not his fault or the players for that matter. Our away form speaks volumes, just like it has done for so many years.
that's better, a lot of us don't seem to realise how lucky we are to have him....

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008

Sorry, the internal logic of this argument defeats me. The reason why we are doing badly is because Poyet has only just started out in management and our facilities are limited. I wouldn't disagree with either. However, how, exactly, does this explain the contrast between home and away form?

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Sorry, the internal logic of this argument defeats me. The reason why we are doing badly is because Poyet has only just started out in management and our facilities are limited. I wouldn't disagree with either. However, how, exactly, does this explain the contrast between home and away form?

In one word. PLAYERS. Thet are the ones that go out and do it. He picks the side and tells them tactits. They perform away but not at home. Simples

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
it's not his fault or the players for that matter. Our away form speaks volumes, just like it has done for so many years.

Surely the fact they can do it away, but can't at home, suggests that it absolutley IS the fault of Gus and/or the players?

In one word. PLAYERS. Thet are the ones that go out and do it. He picks the side and tells them tactits. They perform away but not at home. Simples

Pesky tactits.

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
flippin heck not sure what you lot want if not for the worst ref in history we would have battered Orient, fantastic movement in the final third, Dicker seriously must be one of the best midfielders in this league.
Navarro not doing enough though and would be more balanced with Cox wide, think against Huddersfield we will see a change ?

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
U can't end a season and enter pre season with a new manager it is really disruptive to the team poyet will stay no matter if big if we go down

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
flippin heck not sure what you lot want if not for the worst ref in history we would have battered Orient, fantastic movement in the final third, Dicker seriously must be one of the best midfielders in this league.

We failed to finish any other chance we had. We have a recent history of under performing when playing against less than 11 men. Even if we'd've scored the penalty, making it 2-0, our finishing on saturday would suggest we wouldn't have "battered" them, and most likely would have ended 2-0 (moaning about Orient parking the bus after they went down to 10 men)

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
The laughable nature of this thread tempts me not to respond, but I can't resist it! We are, I think, playing the best football I've seen for probably 5 years. I know that may not be saying much, but it's a massive improvement on most of the crap we've been forced to watch recently. Gradually Poyet is getting the team to play HIS style - it's taken a few months - but it took Sir Alex about four years to get it right at Man U! I really like the fact that we almost always now play the ball calmly out of defence. I like the fact that the few changes in personnel so far have all been positive - Calderon and Painter are decent defenders with a bit of skill. I like the fact that Poyet is giving the midfield a chance to gel. I like the fact that Poyet is doing things HIS way.

It would be great if we had a few more points, but Rome wasn't built in a day.....we are a MUCH better team than we were three months ago, and little by little we are getting better.

:bla: You say this about every manager. You absolute licker.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Poyet will not be sacked even if we go down, and I have mostly been impressed with him so far. Obviously its nice for us to try and play football and keep it on the floor. However, I can't help but notice the past two goals we have conceded have been due to us poncing around with the ball in defence. Virgo was caught in possession by Steve morrison and Elphick played a bit of a risky backpass to Michel and they got that freekick. As refreshing as it is to see us knocking it around, I'd still feel happier if the defenders just clear their lines sometimes.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Firstly I think Poyet is doing a good job and the team are continuing to improve, however, I am confused about one thing.

If Poyet does not think this team is good enough then it means he will look to make wholesale changes during the summer. The problem I see with this is that it would mean we would be starting a season, in which we NEED to get promoted, with a squad of new players that would need time to gel.

This seems a little risky and maybe suggests that he feels we have the nucleus of a promotion side now with a few key changes needed that will dramatically improve the side

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
No of course he won't be sacked. Why the hell would we keeping swapping and changing managers for? If it happened, which it won't. The new boss would still have to work with the current side. So there is absolutely no point to this thread, and yes I do know we are in dire need of a left winger.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon the next four games will send Poyet completely over the edge and he'll depart in The Mother Of All Flounces - courtesy of the same fatally flawed defence that did for Slade.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here