Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will posh boy tories be saved by their posh boy nemesis Boris tonight.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Hmmmm ...... Milliband and Balls in charge ....... now there's a really depressing and scary thought !

you reckon David will keep Balls then? :wink:

Johnson has been an appalling Mayor. He has overseen massive hikes in the cost of public transport

would that be the hikes to cover the costs of maintance? have to laugh at Kens policies, cut the transport fares, which even Labour people have said would lead to no maintenance a bankrupt TFL followed by massive hikes above the current levels in 3-4 yers time.

Boris is a ray of light in modern UK politics, its about the person, people vote for him rather than the rosette. you dont have to like his policies to respect that is a a better way.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think you should have attached a poll to this one. i am very glad to be in the 1% on this one.

frazerdm1112_228x374.jpg

Dandyman

In London village.
you reckon David will keep Balls then? :wink:

would that be the hikes to cover the costs of maintance? have to laugh at Kens policies, cut the transport fares, which even Labour people have said would lead to no maintenance a bankrupt TFL followed by massive hikes above the current levels in 3-4 yers time.

Boris is a ray of light in modern UK politics, its about the person, people vote for him rather than the rosette. you dont have to like his policies to respect that is a a better way.

Sorry but absolute drivel - Johnson is the result of a combination of beauty contest politics, a corrupt and supine media and a long standing campaign of dirty tricks against his opponents.

Livingstone's fair fares policy has the backing of the former head of TfL finance. Johnson does not give a toss about the effect of his fare hikes on ordinary Londoners, is quite happy wasting millions on his vanity bus project and is clearly trying to build up a surplus on the Tfl accounts.

Dandyman

In London village.
As opposed to being a tax dodger ???

Exactly the point. His tax arrangements are in relation to employing other people (which does not necessarily mean I am in favour of them), Johnson makes a small fortune in sidelines while pretending to run London and is very coy about his other business activities. which one gets monstered by the press ?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Livingstone's fair fares policy has the backing of the former head of TfL finance.

obviously we read different sources. you're right its a beauty contest, as much for Ken as Boris.

Dandyman

In London village.
obviously we read different sources. you're right its a beauty contest, as much for Ken as Boris.

I'd actually agree with your second point - one of the major (no pun) reasons for objecting to this way of running big cities.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm not going to disagree with you that this lot are a f***ing shambles, but as an ardent Labour supporter, do you really have faith in their current set up too? Have a look at their awful front bench FFS. The wrong Milliband, Ed Balls, Harriet Harmen, Yvette Cooper - these people are f***ing useless. None of them got anything done when they were running the country. They are all career-politicians filled with hot air and no substance.

I'm left of centre myself and can honestly say I prefer Call Me Dave and Cleggnut to any of those except Milliband.

No , Not convinced on Milliband at all. Shit state of affairs all round really

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
No , Not convinced on Milliband at all. Shit state of affairs all round really

When oh when are people going to engage their brain and stop sucking up tory propaganda. I have not voted labour in 25 years but as he is my M.P I have taken an interest in what he has to say. Not the edited version that most of the country get, but his full speeches and ideas. It is clear why he won against his brother. He is exceptionally intelligent. The brightest of all the leaders we can choose from. He has heart and the ability to genuinely empathise. In my lifetime only Kennedy and Churchill have moved me with their speeches. Here is one of Britain's brightest stars. Now think why do the tory media try to belittle him, say he is the wrong choice or he is not this or that...simple answer they know he is a real threat. Think of it in football terms if a team comes to the Albion with say a Messi or Rooney, do you cheer them or do you try to boo and put them off their game?

D

Deleted member 22389

When oh when are people going to engage their brain and stop sucking up tory propaganda. I have not voted labour in 25 years but as he is my M.P I have taken an interest in what he has to say. Not the edited version that most of the country get, but his full speeches and ideas. It is clear why he won against his brother. He is exceptionally intelligent. The brightest of all the leaders we can choose from. He has heart and the ability to genuinely empathise. In my lifetime only Kennedy and Churchill have moved me with their speeches. Here is one of Britain's brightest stars. Now think why do the tory media try to belittle him, say he is the wrong choice or he is not this or that...simple answer they know he is a real threat. Think of it in football terms if a team comes to the Albion with say a Messi or Rooney, do you cheer them or do you try to boo and put them off their game?

He may me highly intelligent and the brightest of leaders, however it does not matter what he says now, its what he does and his party when they get back in to power that counts.

They promise so much at the beginning and then fail to deliver time and time again.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
More posh bashing.

Mid term elections are always poor for the incumbent government - nothing new there. Yes, it was bad for the Tories, but at time when this government is "perceived" to be the devil incarnate, the inroads should have been MUCH greater.

Boris winning in Labour London at this time would be a massive coup for the Tories.
I am a tory voter CAM , but I am disillusioned with cameron , i would rather they had stuck to tory principles and let labour form a coalition with the lib dems, they would have walked any subsequent election, but cameron has shown himself to be a bit of an empty vessel with no real convictions, give me hague or david davis any day, that said , i'd rather saw my own feet off than vote for labour .

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

you should tell us who this great leader and orator is, because it certainly isnt either of the Miliband brothers.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Well I really hope that is true and we get to see it. We have to get the current lot out, it seems so obvious but then every time I see Ed Milliband my heart sinks, he seems patently unelectable, not because of his policies or ideas but simply his presentation isn't up to it.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I am a tory voter CAM , but I am disillusioned with cameron , i would rather they had stuck to tory principles and let labour form a coalition with the lib dems, they would have walked any subsequent election, but cameron has shown himself to be a bit of an empty vessel with no real convictions, give me hague or david davis any day, that said , i'd rather saw my own feet off than vote for labour .

Difference is my expectations are lower. I dont expect to see radical changes after two years. The world doesnt move as quickly as that. And I agree with your last sentiment, although I'd chuck my cock into the mix as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here