Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will posh boy tories be saved by their posh boy nemesis Boris tonight.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm not going to disagree with you that this lot are a f***ing shambles, but as an ardent Labour supporter, do you really have faith in their current set up too? Have a look at their awful front bench FFS. The wrong Milliband, Ed Balls, Harriet Harmen, Yvette Cooper - these people are f***ing useless. None of them got anything done when they were running the country. They are all career-politicians filled with hot air and no substance.

I'm left of centre myself and can honestly say I prefer Call Me Dave and Cleggnut to any of those except Milliband.

I agree about Balls and Harman - both awful. I actually think Yvette Cooper is doing quite well in terms of the pressure she's putting on her opposite number (Theresa May) and should there be a leadership challenge against Ed M then expect her name to figure prominently. She's also had jobs pre politics (Journalist). There are some decent front bench performers (Andy Burnham) but not enough. Also they will have to break the mould of Notting Hill, Privately educated, Oxbridge politicians and be more representative.

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
Agree with ROSM, and I feel pretty certain that Yvette Cooper will be the next Labour party leader - and maybe in the not too distant future.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
She is always embarrassingly bad. She is far more concerned about NOT being seen to argue against party policy than actually answer the question coherently or constructively. She is my least favourite front bench politician, and I'm including Gideon in that, and he makes my stomach churn.

Couldn't agree more. Remember when she wore a stab vest when doing a tour of Peckham in 2008? Her own constituency that she'd represented since 1982. When asked by John Humphreys why she said it was the same as wearing a hard hat on a building site.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How can you not LOVE this bloke ?

:lol: he's a bit of a buffoon but very funny. I also believe his heart's in the right place. He'd get my vote whatever party he stood for. For heavens sake - I couldn't give a toss about the Olympics but that speech, well, I might almost be interested !

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Glad you found it funny mate.

Oh come on Unc, even for you that is a MASSIVE exaggeration! 99% of people have no hope left whatsoever? Is there a nuclear holocaust about to happen that I don't know about?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Likewise Labour will be facing a very unpopular government come 2015 so you'd think should walk it BUT as you've just pointed out the Tories failed to walk the last election despite Brown being very unpopular.

Hmmmm ...... Milliband and Balls in charge ....... now there's a really depressing and scary thought !

Exactly, be careful what you wish for........ Milli and will be obliged to repay the Union support with a return to block vote politics, it will be a nightmare.

D

Deleted member 22389

Likewise Labour will be facing a very unpopular government come 2015 so you'd think should walk it BUT as you've just pointed out the Tories failed to walk the last election despite Brown being very unpopular.

Hmmmm ...... Milliband and Balls in charge ....... now there's a really depressing and scary thought !

Yes indeed. The future is looking even worse lol.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just listening to the debate on Radio 2. God how poor are both the Tories and Labour ????

Paddy Ashdown always speaks sense and I even liked Caroline Lucas but I have to say if I had to vote today it would be UKIP.

In fact, could we not have a new party jointly headed by Boris and Nigel Farage ?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Yes, they want to ride his coat-tails as far as they can. Interestingly, almost all the people I've spoken to about the Mayoral election (granted, not loads) say they've voted for the independent candidate, Siobhan Benita. That would definitely make things interesting.

and speaking of coat tails. Another chsance to see the Cabinet, sorry Bullingdon Club photo. Yes that is the Prime Minister, the Chancellor of the Exchequer and the Mayor of London all loooking like Duran Duran

david-cameron-bullingdon.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Interesting figure for UKIP given they didn't field candidates everywhere. Lib Dems should be very worried.

UKIP are level pegging with LibDems in the opinion polls when there is an option to pick UKIP instead of OTHERS in the survey.

Dandyman

In London village.
Not a tory voter but I would like to see Boris win. Hes done a great job imo and regardless of party politics that would be enough for me if i was voting.

edit to add that the labour gains across the country are hardly a big surprise given the state of the world

Johnson has been an appalling Mayor. He has overseen massive hikes in the cost of public transport while excluding his Notting Hill pals from the congestion charge, done nothing to defend ordinary Londoners against savage cuts in services and has enjoyed the non-scrutiny of the Evening Standard and Metro (both of whom have commercial interests in him remaining Major and retaining their near monopoly sales status on the Tube and overland rail) in relation to a succession of scandals involving his deputies including Ian Clements' abuse of a corporate credit card, Ray Lewis being forced to resign due to financial and sexual misconduct and Tim Parker being forced to remove himself from abuse of position in trying to combine his TfL and DM roles.

If Livingstone had carried on in the same way, he would be slaughtered by the press.

Dandyman

In London village.
Just listening to the debate on Radio 2. God how poor are both the Tories and Labour ????

Paddy Ashdown always speaks sense and I even liked Caroline Lucas but I have to say if I had to vote today it would be UKIP.

In fact, could we not have a new party jointly headed by Boris and Nigel Farage ?

Jack boots and floppy fringes ? It could be a new fashion craze.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
:lol: he's a bit of a buffoon but very funny. I also believe his heart's in the right place. He'd get my vote whatever party he stood for. For heavens sake - I couldn't give a toss about the Olympics but that speech, well, I might almost be interested !

Buffoons don't get degrees in classics from Oxford University

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here