Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Middlesbrough park the bus?

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Following the Ipswich v Middlesbrough draw Tony Mowbray said "We came to counter-attack. Ipswich had won five on the bounce at home so we didn't come here to be over-expansive. We've won a lot of games on the road by trying to do that, being solid and not giving many goals away".

I think a lot of teams will be looking at our result on Saturday. At least we know what to expect. Or do we?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They have to, there's far to much at stake.
A rare goal in front of the South Stand, would be good on Saturday.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They will definitely park the bus, yes.

They have the same number of points as us, towards the top end of the play off chasing clump of teams. A draw at the only team above them in that group would be considered an excellent point.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I can see this game panning out similar to Cardiff. However good news as that both Boro's first choice centre backs picked up knocks yesterday as did Emnes so we could be seeing some inexperienced defenders. Yesterday they had a right back and a midfielder playing at CB.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
They have to, there's far to much at stake.
A rare goal in front of the South Stand, would be good on Saturday.

Will Calderon be in the starting lineup though?

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I'm looking forward to see how Gus plays it. Guile and skill in midfield and speed on the wings. It's a big one for both teams.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm really nervous about the Middlesbrough game, obviously want 3 points but would settle for a draw. WE MUST NOT LOSE THIS ONE!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will Calderon be in the starting lineup though?
Good question.
I'm going for yes, but for this sort of game, I wouldn't be completely heart broken for Reyes to start.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hate it when you can actually see an opposing side target one of our players as a potential weak point.
This is what I don't get about all the negative Calde comments.

Week in week out we see KLL Buckley Vicente humiliating full backs for fun.
When a team does 1/2 the job on Calde half this board goes nuts.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I think that it will be similar to the Cardiff game in that Middlesborough will be very defensive and hope to get us on the counter attack. Brighton need to try and pick out the forward passes to CMS/Vokes, LLU/Buckley which they struggled to do against Cardiff. However, Vicente wasn't playing against Cardiff and hopefully he will be against Middlesborough. He could be the difference.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Must play with at least 1 winger. The lua lua & Vicente show would be nice. Perhaps Buckley starting as well. If we start with a line up similar to the Cardiff game, it will be a struggle to break them down. Attack them with pace & skill from the off is what I say.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Must play with at least 1 winger. The lua lua & Vicente show would be nice. Perhaps Buckley starting as well. If we start with a line up similar to the Cardiff game, it will be a struggle to break them down. Attack them with pace & skill from the off is what I say.

I am STILL struggling to come to terms with what good players we have. Vicente, Buckley and Lua Lua. And that's only 3 of them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here