Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Ian Hart apologise on air to Dick Knight...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Altough I agree with you in principle, I don't see where you get the 'huge egos' from.

As far as contoversial statements go, it's part of Harty's job to make them to provoke debate (they're not that controversial, anyway).

And I can't see what DK has said that is controversial at all.

I get the huge egos from my impression of how they present themselves. I'm not saying it as a bad thing. I'd say, to be a footie chairman or a radio presenter that it's actually a positive trait. Fair enough though, it's purely subjective.

The trouble with all of this is BECAUSE DK said something controversial. He was riled by a caller and made a very bold statement along the lines of "we are looking at 5 players", I can confidently state you will be pleasantly surprised by who we bring in". I'm paraphrasing but hope that's the gist of it.

That was very controversial, esp in light of us losing 3 key players and being broke and a crap prospect to play for.

Lots of us put it down to a knejerk reaction on his part. Certainly HArty was dubious. We all were but DK appears to be delivering.

No-one needs apologise. It's all just a part of the roller coaster ride that is being an Albion fan.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can't see that harty needs to apologise for anything he said at the time. In the interests of balance though, I would expect him to take the opportunity to congratulate DK and the club on this week's activity, and I expect that he will do so.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I can't see that harty needs to apologise for anything he said at the time. In the interests of balance though, I would expect him to take the opportunity to congratulate DK and the club on this week's activity, and I expect that he will do so.

how come you can put in a few sentences something that took me ten?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
how come you can put in a few sentences something that took me ten?

Because I paid close attention to Mrs Dorn, my English teacher, and she steered me to an A grade in English Language, enabling me to write incisive prose, with intelligence and wit.

And I've been picking up tips from Bars Mar.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Because I paid close attention to Mrs Dorn, my English teacher, and she steered me to an A grade in English Language, enabling me to write incisive prose, with intelligence and wit.

And I've been picking up tips from Bars Mar.

LIAR!!!!!!!! Where Are All Your Capitals Then? And You Haven't Blasted That Old Codger Playıng Up Front Once. Get That Facker Forster Out And God Elder In!!!!!

Now, who's been learning from Mr Bar?????

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
for his unfounded accusation that DK's claim about negotiations with 5 players were a knee-jerk reaction to the criticism he was receiving on the phone-in and by inference was not necessarily true.

This was subsequently and childishly reinforced by the 'Famous Fives' jibes and music that was used the following week.

I hope Ian will acknowledge that this reaction was unhelpful and only served to increase the speculation and sense of frustration among phone-in listeners and supporters - and increase unnecessarily the pressure on the club management at a time when it was most unwelcome.

No... that is just plain wrong... Harty was doing his job... Dick is doing his, 3 down, 2 to go...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here