Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Ian Hart apologise on air to Dick Knight...

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
for his unfounded accusation that DK's claim about negotiations with 5 players were a knee-jerk reaction to the criticism he was receiving on the phone-in and by inference was not necessarily true.

This was subsequently and childishly reinforced by the 'Famous Fives' jibes and music that was used the following week.

I hope Ian will acknowledge that this reaction was unhelpful and only served to increase the speculation and sense of frustration among phone-in listeners and supporters - and increase unnecessarily the pressure on the club management at a time when it was most unwelcome.

what a pile of shit,it due to guys like Ian Hart that we the fans get to hear a lot more than we should

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
I reckon your argument would be a lot more convincing if you hadn't mentioned three times you that you "a lot of good work for charidee"

Harty is, as he said, a (very valued) Trustee of CTH/STB, and has always been a massive advocate of both hospices, for which, not only does he give his time, he has personally raised money for both.

And it isn't in a Trustee's 'job description' to take terminally ill children to a football game, so for that alone, he deserves credit

We would also do well to remember the times he has taken a break from the phone in, how much this board was campaigning to get him back as the replacements did not do such a good job on the show!

So FFS give the guy a break!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Titanic I am taking 5 boys from the Chestnut Tree House Childrens Hospice, of which I am a trustee, to the game on Saturday as guests of the club, if you can come to the main entrance shortly before one I will provide you with a CD of last weeks show which you can go and listen to in your car and then come back after 2 and discuss what I actually said rather than what you are suggesting.
The chairman has actually listened to the show, and through an independent third party, has thanked me for the way I hosted what was always going to be a potenially explosive show.
As for the Famous Five theme that was actually courtesy of Levo, your preferred phone-in host, would you like me to get him to apologise at the beginning of the Non-league half hour?
Regarding Joleon Lescott I was unaware of what had happened to him and I will certainly apoligse for any offence I may have caused

Very nice to see.I did the Chestnut tree 10k in Littlehampton for the 2nd year last september.Great run for a very good cause.I recommend it to everyone.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
for his unfounded accusation that DK's claim about negotiations with 5 players were a knee-jerk reaction to the criticism he was receiving on the phone-in and by inference was not necessarily true.

This was subsequently and childishly reinforced by the 'Famous Fives' jibes and music that was used the following week.

I hope Ian will acknowledge that this reaction was unhelpful and only served to increase the speculation and sense of frustration among phone-in listeners and supporters - and increase unnecessarily the pressure on the club management at a time when it was most unwelcome.

What about all the times we haven't signed anyone after Dick advised we were chasing people in previous seasons but did'nt get them..did he apologise No HE DIDn't....so why should Harty

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I don't need to listen to it again... the whole tone of the show was plain and clear, and I felt it was insulting to our chairman. Obviously some agree and some disagree as seen above.

It's not exactly a matter of life and death so perhaps I should just give up listening to something which winds me like your show has over recent weeks.

Keep up the good work and Up The Albion.

IN other words you don't want to admit you were wrong...TYPICAL

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
What about all the times we haven't signed anyone after Dick advised we were chasing people in previous seasons but did'nt get them..did he apologise No HE DIDn't....so why should Harty

You are right, Harty shouldn't apologise. But why do you think that DK should have apologised?

No he hasnt. Knight promised us the likelihood of 5 new players plus Richards by the Oldham game. It didnt happen.

No he didn't promise us the likelihood of 5 players. What he said was that the club was TALKING to 5 players and that Richards wasn't one of the 5.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ian promised to buy me a drink once................. still waiting.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I,d like to think that all the critism of DK on this board, Harty,s show and Andy Naylor,s paper have goaded him into action on the transfer front at last.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Harty say 'Maybe' it was a kneejerk reaction,in answer to all the fools that came on dissing DK's suggestion he had up to 5 players lined up,those are the people who surely owe DK an apology.

Cheers Goodfella that is why I wanted Titanic to listen to the show again......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here