Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Ian Hart apologise on air to Dick Knight...

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
A big man would apologise. Harty is merely a microphone warrior who has the balls of a 2 day old rat. Harty couldn't even spell apologise let alone actually do it. Harty behaved in a childish manner and DK has proved him very wrong.

I should imagine we stand as much chance of Harty apologising as we do seeing Ernest kiss DK's arse after the CKR thing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Harty was entitled to say what he did, no apology is necessary. If anyone needs to apologise it is Dick Knight for the Mansfield performance.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Titanic I am taking 5 boys from the Chestnut Tree House Childrens Hospice, of which I am a trustee, to the game on Saturday as guests of the club, if you can come to the main entrance shortly before one I will provide you with a CD of last weeks show which you can go and listen to in your car and then come back after 2 and discuss what I actually said rather than what you are suggesting.
The chairman has actually listened to the show, and through an independent third party, has thanked me for the way I hosted what was always going to be a potenially explosive show.
As for the Famous Five theme that was actually courtesy of Levo, your preferred phone-in host, would you like me to get him to apologise at the beginning of the Non-league half hour?
Regarding Joleon Lescott I was unaware of what had happened to him and I will certainly apoligse for any offence I may have caused

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Titanic I am taking 5 boys from the Chestnut Tree House Childrens Hospice, of which I am a trustee, to the game on Saturday as guests of the club, if you can come to the main entrance shortly before one I will provide you with a CD of last weeks show which you can go and listen to in your car and then come back after 2 and discuss what I actually said rather than what you are suggesting.
The chairman has actually listened to the show, and through an independent third party, has thanked me for the way I hosted what was always going to be a potenially explosive show.
As for the Famous Five theme that was actually courtesy of Levo, your preferred phone-in host, would you like me to get him to apologise at the beginning of the Non-league half hour?
Regarding Joleon Lescott I was unaware of what had happened to him and I will certainly apoligse for any offence I may have caused
Harty, I take back what I said. Give Levo a slap though. ;)

:ascarf::ascarf::albion2::albion2::ascarf::ascarf:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
HArty should not have to apologise before, Knight said there would be 5 transfers and suggested at least 2 or 3 of these would be sorted BEFORE the Oldham match.

We had 0 new players in that match so the jokey music and tongue in cheek digs were well and truly justified.

Knight is the one that should have said 'We MAY have some new players within the NEAR FUTURE'

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Harty was entitled to say what he did, no apology is necessary. If anyone needs to apologise it is Dick Knight for the Mansfield performance.

I don't think either of them needs to apologise.

The Mansfield performance was awful but I've seen a fair few of those over the years. That's football - it happens. Our match ticket promises admission to a football match - there are no promises of good football or winning football.

I didn't agree with him but Harty was doing his job and he's not going to be right all the time. The players were doing their job against Mansfield, but they too are fallible, particularly as they are third-tier footballers, so on that occasion they didn't do their job very well!

It happens.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
good stuff, and fairplay harty, good response ... i didn't listen to the show but surely we should be promoting a 'devils advocate' type figure when it comes to the perceived running of the club. if we continue to worship knight and co and never question their management then some of the ground breaking work achieved by the board and fans post-archer will be lost.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
HArty should not have to apologise before, Knight said there would be 5 transfers and suggested at least 2 or 3 of these would be sorted BEFORE the Oldham match.

We had 0 new players in that match so the jokey music and tongue in cheek digs were well and truly justified.

Knight is the one that should have said 'We MAY have some new players within the NEAR FUTURE'

No, Dick Knight did NOT say there would be five transfers.

He said he was looking at getting five players in, and later said not to hold him to any of them, although he was close to getting two in. I'm going to assume that that's the two we've acquired. He did hope they'd be in by the Oldham game, but they weren't.

So when you say 'Dick should have said...', it was even closer than that - he DID say 'we MAY have some new players in'.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Titanic I am taking 5 boys from the Chestnut Tree House Childrens Hospice, of which I am a trustee, to the game on Saturday as guests of the club, if you can come to the main entrance shortly before one I will provide you with a CD of last weeks show which you can go and listen to in your car and then come back after 2 and discuss what I actually said rather than what you are suggesting.....

I don't need to listen to it again... the whole tone of the show was plain and clear, and I felt it was insulting to our chairman. Obviously some agree and some disagree as seen above.

It's not exactly a matter of life and death so perhaps I should just give up listening to something which winds me like your show has over recent weeks.

Keep up the good work and Up The Albion.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I don't need to listen to it again... the whole tone of the show was plain and clear, and I felt it was insulting to our chairman. Obviously some agree and some disagree as seen above.

It's not exactly a matter of life and death so perhaps I should just give up listening to something which winds me like your show has over recent weeks.

Keep up the good work and Up The Albion.

insulting or objective?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I don't need to listen to it again... the whole tone of the show was plain and clear, and I felt it was insulting to our chairman.

Clearly he doesn't think that, perhaps the Famous Five theme was a bit tongue in cheek but I actually said that as soon as we faded it down.

Please feel free to come and join for a drink with my party on Saturday, it might do you good to meet up with these particular youngsters and realise that sometimes we all have to put things into perspective.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I reckon your argument would be a lot more convincing if you hadn't mentioned three times you that you "a lot of good work for charidee"

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Sorry Keaton my point is thinking about the plight of terminally ill youngsters might actually make some of the posters on here realise there is a big wide world out there.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sorry Keaton my point is thinking about the plight of terminally ill youngsters might actually make some of the posters on here realise there is a big wide world out there.

Which belittles the whole of this board, topic, phone in, the club and football etc.

I will always remember a beast of a teacher making me take the crusts out of the bin, as starving Africans were going without food. :rolleyes:

spooky

Jan 1, 2008
no need

football chairmen are like politicians, you will only get the truth if you push them like harty does, but then you might only succeed in them telling you what you want to hear, it was not a cheap shot by harty, and he is a good voice for the fans on the day, long may he carry on...

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
football chairmen are like politicians, you will only get the truth if you push them like harty does, but then you might only succeed in them telling you what you want to hear, it was not a cheap shot by harty, and he is a good voice for the fans on the day, long may he carry on...

To say that football chairmen are like politicians is way off the mark.

In any case, we elect politicians and they have an obligation to tell us what they are doing.

A football chairman is on the board of a company whose only obligation to us, its customers, is to provide us with a football match in return for us buying a ticket. Much as we like to know, neither he nor the company has any obligation whatsoever to tell us about transfers, fees, wages, etc. except what is required of them in providing accounts to Companies' House.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here