Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hoskins

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Personally I would try and offload him, he is coming into the last year of his contract and unless we play him reguarly I have a feeling he will leave on a lucrative free transfer at the end of the season and we need to protect the rumoured £500k we spent on him.

It's obvious Gus doesn't like his attitude and Hoskins himself said he was homesick but who knows, if he has a good pre-season that could change everything.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Also did nothing at sheff Utd .

United fans we spoke to on the train back from Barnsley said they really rated the guy but he couldn't stay fit.

Which sounds very familiar! Has he had a history of injury previously or was he just unlucky last season?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
United fans we spoke to on the train back from Barnsley said they really rated the guy but he couldn't stay fit.

Which sounds very familiar! Has he had a history of injury previously or was he just unlucky last season?

He had a double hernia I think, same as Murray a couple of seasons back.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
He was asked if he wanted to go out on loan, he said yes. Gus would not have liked this.
He stated he was homesick. Why would that have changed?
I would like to see him have 3 or 4 games to see how he does but I suspect he will be straight out as soon as we have bought another striker.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't think anyone that has annoyed Gus has ever managed to win him back round?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hosky never had a real chance to prove himself last season after recurring injuries kept him out and made the mistake of asking to go out on loan to get match experience and ended up injured again. With a new medical team they maybe able to get him back to full strength.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Mate of mine who follows Bristol City thinks he is on his way there on loan. He says Hosky was spotted in Bristol but as he must still have friends down that way I wouldn't read too much into it. Can't see Hosky staying with us to be honest any more than I can see us recovering the fee we paid for him

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Surely going on loan to a team that nearly got promoted out of League One is decent enough?

Absolutely but he hardly played ... quite likely for similar reasons as not playing here, and then picked up an injury. Reserve team football as was, gave the opportunity for Managers to test and push players wanting a first team spot in a decent competitive environment. Now it's a case of loaning and having little control on how they develop (JFC - I see the positives but also some potential downsides) or they simply warm a bench somewhere else, or putting on the bench here and giving a 15 minute run out when they can which achieves little imo.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think he'll be gone before the season kicks off.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Personally I would try and offload him, he is coming into the last year of his contract and unless we play him reguarly I have a feeling he will leave on a lucrative free transfer at the end of the season and we need to protect the rumoured £500k we spent on him.

It's obvious Gus doesn't like his attitude and Hoskins himself said he was homesick but who knows, if he has a good pre-season that could change everything.

Agree - cut our losses and try to cash in. Don't think he is Championship level imo

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Hoskins is a goal machine when fit
I think he will score goals whatever level as he has a great eye for goal as per this footage from his Rotherham days
I hope he does stay fit and play for us again as he is an entertainer scoring goals from all angles and distances something we are missing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dJ0Wyfsfo0

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here