Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hoskins

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Having him fit and raring to go would be like having a new signing.Would love to see him fulfil his potential here.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Agreed. Few rumours he might be off to Bristol City though. Thought he was a diehard gashead though so maybe he wouldn't go there

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Always found this an interesting one. I have nothing against the guy and I would LOVE to have him playing and playing well. But he has really failed to impress so far - bar a nice finish at Cardiff and a couple of goals against 2 seasons ago. I find it interesting that so many people are still convinced that he has a part to play (especially in light of how easily some fans turn on consistent players).

Could say the same about Ryan Harley...(as in he could make a massive impact). But strangely, no-one is!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Always found this an interesting one. I have nothing against the guy and I would LOVE to have him playing and playing well. But he has really failed to impress so far - bar a nice finish at Cardiff and a couple of goals against 2 seasons ago. I find it interesting that so many people are still convinced that he has a part to play (especially in light of how easily some fans turn on consistent players).

Could say the same about Ryan Harley...(as in he could make a massive impact). But strangely, no-one is!

Bit harsh, how many 90mins has he played? I think Will Hoskins could be the player we need, but he needs to prove himself to Gus, as I think he showed traits of the type of footballer Poyet does not like.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agreed. Few rumours he might be off to Bristol City though. Thought he was a diehard gashead though so maybe he wouldn't go there

He spent less than a year at Rovers - I'm not sure his ties there are that significant.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Undecided about Hoskins but then he's hardly had any opportunity to prove himself.

Pity we haven't got a competitive reserve league, the risk is too great to give a fella a run of 10 or so games if you're not sure and want to see what he can do

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Also did nothing at sheff Utd .

He is another striking option I guess although from what I have seen adgestein looks to have more potential with us. We could do with another 2 strikers imo .

Keeping them happy is the challenge though

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Bit harsh, how many 90mins has he played? I think Will Hoskins could be the player we need, but he needs to prove himself to Gus, as I think he showed traits of the type of footballer Poyet does not like.

Presumably there's a reason he's only played that amount though? Only game I can really recall him getting a good run out was away at Millwall and thought he was miles behind what Ashley Barnes does for us.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Undecided about Hoskins but then he's hardly had any opportunity to prove himself.

Pity we haven't got a competitive reserve league, the risk is too great to give a fella a run of 10 or so games if you're not sure and want to see what he can do

The risk is to great to give him a run of 10 games? I'm pretty sure we know him inside out. And you won't get much playing some other stiffs.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom

No he couldnt & wont, he had his chance last season and he was crap.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
No he couldnt & wont, he had his chance last season and he was crap.

I don't disagree with you - but I don't really understand why people are so confident with that appraisal, but are so enthusiastic about Hoskins at the same time. Harley had some very decent games (and some poor ones). But in the great scheme of things, neither were really deemed good enough by Gus and disappeared.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Oh well was just a thought

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The risk is to great to give him a run of 10 games? I'm pretty sure we know him inside out. And you won't get much playing some other stiffs.

10 is a bit harsh but 4 or 5 .... I don't think we do know him inside out. He's not really been firing in the games I've seen, could be niggling injury or just getting up to match speed. As I said a decent reserve league, not the Dev squad ... reserves don't really exist anymore due to costs but a good way to bring back those injured and to get others into match form ..... just a view!

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Him and Ryan Harley were having dinner together at Coast to Coast at Brighton Marina yesterday. That is all.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
10 is a bit harsh but 4 or 5 .... I don't think we do know him inside out. He's not really been firing in the games I've seen, could be niggling injury or just getting up to match speed. As I said a decent reserve league, not the Dev squad ... reserves don't really exist anymore due to costs but a good way to bring back those injured and to get others into match form ..... just a view!

Surely going on loan to a team that nearly got promoted out of League One is decent enough?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I suppose it is possible that either Hoskins or Harley might deliver this season. There are plenty of examples of players looking shit one season and then playing brilliantly for the same club the following season. Zamora at Fulham is case in point - he really went from zero to hero there.

Both players are talented enough and you can see why they were brought in. Harley looks like he has skill but is a lazy twat once on the pitch. Hoskins is presumably falling short on the training ground?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here