• Reserves

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Sold On

Votes: 30 24.4%

• Total voters

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I am sure that Gus envisaged playing a much wider game than we have been able to do with Hoskins and Buckley both players capable of starting wide and cutting inside while Noone and LuaLua were the pure wing players. Playing two of those four in every game with CMS in the centre must have looked good. Unfortunately the height and pace of our midfield and fullbacks caught Gus out - I think he misjudged our ability to compete in key areas and has tinkered ever since rather than going back to his original concept. Whther he now believes that could have worked and will revert to it next season with new personnel able to move the ball more quickly and stand up to the bigger and faster teams we have encountered will be interesting. Hoskins future may be decided by who we can bring in to the midfield more than who we bring in up front. My instinct based on Gus' previous form however, says that he will be gone before the season starts.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Gus was quoted as saying that Hoskins is not the type of player that enjoys being a rotation player and he wanted out, hence his move to Sheff U. He is due back for pre-season, my guess is that if Sheff U give us the money we paid Bristol R for his services he will be off permanently.[/QUOTE

But when he was fit he was never given a chance apart from a very small number of late substitutions. When we did see him, thought, in terms of hold up play and bringing other players into the game he was miles better than CMS. Unfortunately, Poyet spent a lot on CMS so obviously doesn't want to lose face by not playing him.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He has been playing with an injury most of this season. Operation shortly and should be back for a pre season with us, will do him a world of good if he can get it sorted

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Will Gus admit he was wrong to sign Hoskins and made a mistake and let him go cheaply and Harley for that matter. I am not sure that he will.

For me the jury is still out on Hoskins. A good pre season and full fitness could reveal a gem. When he played for us he never looked poor, just off match fitness.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I saw Hoskins pre season at Burgess Hill and in Portugal and thought that he looked good alongside of CMS but if he is sold or let go that is accepting that he made a mistake by Gus which I doubt that he would do.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
If he's been injured on and off all season, we can't judge him on what we've seen this year

gazza the mugger

Gazza the Cat
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton
Just seen on Will's twitter page that his season is now over due to injury and has brought forward his surgery that was due to have in close season .
So good luck Will with the surgery and see you for pre season training :clap:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
It's not really worked out for him this season, I think it's quite telling we were prepared to sell him in January though. He probably wanted out anyway after that.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Personally I would keep him, give him a good pre season and a chance in the first team. His record Was good with BR and when I saw him in this pre season he looked to link up well with CMS.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Forgive me if my memory's playing tricks but didn't we buy him for a considerable sum..........and then go out and buy CMS for a considerably larger one, thus instantly relegating him to second choice? If so, I can see why he'd want to move on - would still like to see what he can do, though, but I expect he'll be gone in the summer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here